SRB2JTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason the Echidna said:
That's nice, Super Mystic Sonic.

Woah! You actually called me by my name? No "Stupid Mystic Sonic"?

For me, the best new things of SRB2JTE are:

1: HMS123's crazy overpowered abilities. Wow....how much time did it take to make all those abilities?
2: No more "end game" bug!
3: Total new ways to experience bots
4: A greatly made SRB2 universe thing. Now with even better item support!
5: Hyper thok doesn't make me blind anymore!

I won't try to go around it, you've did a fairly awesome job on SRB2JTE.

Super mystic sonic said:
1: HMS123's crazy overpower ability's. Wow....how much time did it take to make all those abilities?
Code:
<JTE> I only made it SRB2JTE-able because Kroze told me to. :<
<JTE> It was a quick and easy thing to throw together, just go around enabling everything I could think of...
Also, how come you wrote 'ability's' the first time around and not much later wrote 'abilities' correctly?

These new bots are totally mean, though they still have the walls and FOFs bug, which I understand. Although you should at least make them some challenge in water by at least making them go after air bubbles when about to drown. As it is, they're literally no challenge in a map like Hydro Plant or Submerged Sanctum.

Also, have you tried this: Making the bot compare floor and ceiling heights between the sector it's in and with the sector directly in front of it? I'm not entirely sure but would that make the bot able to "somewhat" see walls?

JJames:

Interesting idea, but presuming the floor that it jumps over to leads to a crusher?

GCFreak:

Thank you.

JTE:

When I close it, say, to add a new WAD, and reopen through the launcher's alternate EXE option, I start out as level 1 HP 50 TP 80.

Neo Chaotikal said:
Code:
<JTE> I only made it SRB2JTE-able because Kroze told me to. :<
[/quote]

LIES!!
All dirty lies I say!

[quote=Jurai_Madman]It is a presumption, and well some nutter will have a map like that.[/quote]

You mean like Thunder Citadel?
:P

As far as I know, you don't have to jump over anything while dodging a crusher in that level.

On another note, I never use Thunder Citadel's crushers much. :E

I found a bug while Testing the bots...

while i was in a netgame... Senku told me to add alot of tails bots... So i tried doing that... when i kicked out all the bots, it causes a mass consistency kick... (i had all the diffrent bots loaded, No other character wad bots)

Jurai_Madman said:
When I close it, say, to add a new WAD, and reopen through the launcher's alternate EXE option, I start out as level 1 HP 50 TP 80.
But of course! It doesn't automaticly save and load characters, or else the option to do so wouldn't be on the menu, now would it? :roll:

As for HMS123 being the coolest thing in SRB2JTE... :| Well, that's rather sad.

Bots checking the sector floor and ceiling heights, you say? Been there, thought of that. :roll: And it still doesn't take FOFs into account, mind you. Bots only avoid quicksand because there's a death pit under it.

Bots going after air bubbles? It's been suggested before, I just haven't gotten a chance to throw that in yet. Right now they just go after springs when they're thirsty for air, which is why they don't constantly drown in Sapphire Falls.

I am still not taking new ideas, suggestions, or requests. Thank you very much for wasting my time.

As a reminder, I am still the only one actively coding this project (Alam helps much!) and the goals have branched out into what could otherwise be 4 or more giant mods in their own right. :| Of course everything is incomplete and I don't need more ideas to add to the todo list.

Ok im really a noob (thats your warning).
I imported srb2jte and they only thing i get is waiting room zone.
How do i use bots and make hms123 have overwhelming power. :oops:

I just noticed this in your first post a day ago.

Jason the Echidna said:
I'll do what I want, since nobody over the age of 15 truely appreciates what I do either way, it seems.

What you're doing is virtually community service. Anyone who's apathetic enough not to appreciate the effort should be slapped anyway. This is possibly the greatest SRB2 addon in existence, incomplete as it is; even if this never gets updated again, this is still worth praising for what you've already accomplished. I mean, seriously, there's no telling how long I can go with one-sided team matches against these bots on sudden death without getting bored (probably when I run out of wads to put them in :\ ).

Speaking of which, I must say, this just shot up in entertainment. Push aside the fact that some bot modes aren't available, because how you've currently designed these bots to go about in match is great. They can be absent-minded at times, but when they know what they're doing, they make a good challenge to play with, and how much you're improving their "instinct" programming is making them sharp enough that if you just concentrate on that mode a bit more, they might eventually lead up to the skill of a well-rounded SRB2 player. (In fact, now that I think about it, they kind of are. o_o ) And, erm...

...Well, nuts, my train of thought is getting too mixed to keep typing without starting to ramble. :? Whatever, to rap it up, good luck on all of this. I know what you mean when you don't want people suggesting what to add, as I can clearly see you have the most of this laid out on paper. Take your time; warm up some hot chocolate for the afternoon and take a break.

And for god's sake, I need to end this tiresome post.

On a side note, I do like competing with them in the old Mystic Realm's chaos mode stages. ^_^

I agree with Blue Warrior entirely, I greatly enjoy this add on and I dare say it's the best use of SRB2's source code since the SOC editor. I salute you JTE as well as Blue for making such an awesome post. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back