SRB2 Uncapped

SRB2 Uncapped 2.0 hotfix 2

I've noticed dome sprite jitter on effects like spindash trails and the super sonic after images. also, with espio when he starts changing colors the color changing sprites seem to move faster than him appearing like they are drifting away from him the faster he goes

Fafabis updated SRB2 Uncapped with a new update entry:

Uncapped V2 is here!

I hope you like the enhancements i could make for this custom build! It was very hard to put this all together, and it will be probably the last time i will be able to update this build.

Changelog:
Fixes:
- Fixed 1up icon jittering for once and for all.
- Fixed Smooth gifs slow when the fps counter is disabled.
- Fixed the infamous DirkChars Dirk Surf Crash.

Changes:
- Now moving platforms interpolate, making they look smoother, but unfortunately this causes the lighting...

Read the rest of this update entry...

srb20009.gif

This is pretty cool, but the fact that objects that get teleported kinda jank the hell out is rather annoying, and i'm not sure there's any real way to fix it on my side with lua. One idea I have for how to fix this would be to keep teleported objects stuck to the object they were teleported to until the next "thinking" frame happens, or if that causes issues, only do it if said object is being teleported, and has also been teleported last frame. One other issue I have is that the camera just feels... sluggish. Not really sure how to describe it, but it feels like I lose some of the precision over my camera that I usually have when playing with interp. If these two things could be fixed, i'd 100% use this all the time, but as-is, it's just a bit too prone to jank when used alongside mods.
For comparison, this is what it *should* look like when running at high speeds.
srb20010.gif

ok boi
Post automatically merged:

srb20009.gif

This is pretty cool, but the fact that objects that get teleported kinda jank the hell out is rather annoying, and i'm not sure there's any real way to fix it on my side with lua. One idea I have for how to fix this would be to keep teleported objects stuck to the object they were teleported to until the next "thinking" frame happens, or if that causes issues, only do it if said object is being teleported, and has also been teleported last frame. One other issue I have is that the camera just feels... sluggish. Not really sure how to describe it, but it feels like I lose some of the precision over my camera that I usually have when playing with interp. If these two things could be fixed, i'd 100% use this all the time, but as-is, it's just a bit too prone to jank when used alongside mods.
View attachment 52496
where do i get this sonic baby boi🤨

Fafabis updated SRB2 Uncapped with a new update entry:

SRB2 Uncapped 2.0 hotfix 2

Hopefully this will be the last hotfix.
- Fixed player in objectplace mode not moving.
- Fixed shields and the camera itself jittering on first person mode.

Read the rest of this update entry...
Post automatically merged:

srb20009.gif

View attachment 52496
Sorry, i don't think it's possible to fix follow objects created with lua, your idea for fixing it is pretty good but i don't have any idea on how i will implement it as how interpolation works now.
Now the camera issue may be a screen refresh rate problem? i don't really know but you can try to enable vsync and/or uncap the framerate and see if it looks better

Last edited:
Thanks, it works great for me.
Some jittering on moving platforms are annoying, but is it fixable ?

Anyway, it's great that we can have unlimited framerate... but what about screen resolution ? :knuxsmug:
My 1440p monitor is sad that the game runs at 1080p. I tried once to force resolution up but I think it didn't work
(The game will looks the same, but why not ? :blink:)

Last edited:
Now that i'm playing with the new update. I've noticed FPS began to go a lot worse than i've renember before in 1.1.1... When i'll play games goodly again...
I've been drawing and posting to Twitter thinking that my School Laptop would run games goodly again... But now, It doesn't. I've know there are people who like what i've do and that they would hope the best for me because they want more of my goodness of Music Edits, Art. Etc. And i've do effort for that. So i'll be deserving some rest of that by playing games or other hobbies (Well. As drawing is my only hobby along with playing videogames or lightly reading books as of now. Videogames would be the main hobby). But, now. I can't enjoy much games because they run badly or they just can't open (Example: Retroarch wasn't responding eternaly and i've was forced to close it imediately) and so, I've can't really do have much fun more than just play vanilla SRB2 with some light Add-Ons or playing Grezzo 2. Because as of now, those are "the only games i can run" or that comes to my mind then. So. My other hobby now i've have fun is drawing. I've hope my Laptop fixes soon or that on fantasy form, for some sort of magic, a super 4.00 GHz 8GB Memory 1TB SSD Laptop would appear and then i've would transfer all the files of my school lap to that one and use it. But i've think that just because my school laptop is not running games as before i would descard it is kinda cruel and sad. Because initially. Those laps where made just to do tasks as writing documents or navigating through the internet or just using Windows. Not for playing videogames.

So I just dropped the v2.0.exe in the game directory and its giving the error 0xc000007b, the v1.1.1.exe still works fine tho. How do I install the new version?
NVM, I had to do a fresh install for it to work.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back