• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2: Generations

hey sorry for the lack of updates but uhhh to summarize things up

thz-m is almost finished (it has reached the 1:30 mark, just gotta reach 2:10 with the "WHY IS EVERYTHING ON FIRE" segment and ill call it done)

since thz-m is almost finished, i've began to prepare for dsz-m

Idea of DSZ-M: ocean palace/seaside hill from sonic generations with several references from other stages (like i did for thz-m and gfz-m and future levels) -- if you dont screw up on stuff, you get to stay above water, otherwise get ready for water level :threat:

kind of sad modern sonic v6 didnt drop any trailer or news about it on the srb2 direct earlier...but eh, im fine with waiting for a bit more :worry:

screenshots:
srb20252.png

srb20253.png

srb20254.png

srb20255.png

srb20251.png

although im not dropping progress updates everyday, i do work on the project everyday, even if its just small adjustments

thz-m phase 2 is going nicely, though i have been a bit stumped over how the rooftops should look like

fixed the lighting on the skybox, giving it a better look rather than...erm, dogshit

made gfz-m's lighting NOT 255 anymore, so it's better :threat:

changed some enemy placements so modern sonic wouldn't home into the wrong path

screenshots
View attachment 108161
View attachment 108160
Rush sonic? (can u slide who made the model?)

just found it from youtube, from a channel named "Jason characters srb2", oddname imo but yeah thats where i found the model
alr ty, also, do you plan to make a modern version of the metal sonic race? I feel like it goes without saying modern can clear that in about 20 seconds lol

alr ty, also, do you plan to make a modern version of the metal sonic race? I feel like it goes without saying modern can clear that in about 20 seconds lol
yeah i am planning out a modern take of that race, but the obvious problem is that metal sonic is MUCH slower than modern, so i really just have to figure out how to have him be ridiculously faster or put a crap ton of problems/obstacles on modern sonic's path that it actually makes it a challenge to race against him

...or just find someone that knows a lot about lua to help recreate generations' rival battles (shadow's rival battle specifically,) which i think would be hard to do since im not sure how exactly i can ask for help

otherwise unfortunately i'd have to leave the metal sonic race as it is:worry:

yeah i am planning out a modern take of that race, but the obvious problem is that metal sonic is MUCH slower than modern, so i really just have to figure out how to have him be ridiculously faster or put a crap ton of problems/obstacles on modern sonic's path that it actually makes it a challenge to race against him

...or just find someone that knows a lot about lua to help recreate generations' rival battles (shadow's rival battle specifically,) which i think would be hard to do since im not sure how exactly i can ask for help

otherwise unfortunately i'd have to leave the metal sonic race as it is:worry:
While im not sure how the ghost recording for metal works, it might be possible to load a momentum mod and record with that. Also there might be a possibility that Modern Sonic will get quick step, so that's also something to think about when designing these levels.

While im not sure how the ghost recording for metal works, it might be possible to load a momentum mod and record with that. Also there might be a possibility that Modern Sonic will get quick step, so that's also something to think about when designing these levels.
yeah using a momentum mod is the main idea, not gonna try it yet since im literally still on the first half of the project (GFZ-THZ-DSZ, being around only 60-70% for those three levels, with dsz probably pushing that % down to 50% depending how long i want it to be)

modern sonic v6 having quickstep is unlikely, as it doesnt really work for any of the campaign/addon levels, so i dont think ill be worrying about that

yeah using a momentum mod is the main idea, not gonna try it yet since im literally still on the first half of the project (GFZ-THZ-DSZ, being around only 60-70% for those three levels, with dsz probably pushing that % down to 50% depending how long i want it to be)

modern sonic v6 having quickstep is unlikely, as it doesnt really work for any of the campaign/addon levels, so i dont think ill be worrying about that
ok yeah, i was worried abt the quick step problem because I seen it brought up once or twice. As for DSZ, are you planning to use sonic colors or seaside hill as inspiration for level design? I believe they have the best modern water level design in the series.

Hey smoklysmokly! I'm curious... Are you gonna make modern version of srb2 music?
no, i dont have any knowledge on how to make music, nor will probably every try to learn how to :worry:

ok yeah, i was worried abt the quick step problem because I seen it brought up once or twice. As for DSZ, are you planning to use sonic colors or seaside hill as inspiration for level design? I believe they have the best modern water level design in the series.
generations seaside hill mainly, though it will have inspirations from different modern stages too, like how thz-m is based on mainly chemical plant, but has references to windmill isle and rooftop run (wii version), in terms of music chosen; sea bottom segue

So you're making modern stage version of srb2 levels? SWEET!!!!!
yeah, only the main campaign though (GFZ-THZ-DSZ-CEZ-ACZ-RVZ-ERZ)

no, i dont have any knowledge on how to make music, nor will probably every try to learn how to :worry:

generations seaside hill mainly, though it will have inspirations from different modern stages too, like how thz-m is based on mainly chemical plant, but has references to windmill isle and rooftop run (wii version), in terms of music chosen; sea bottom segue

yeah, only the main campaign though (GFZ-THZ-DSZ-CEZ-ACZ-RVZ-ERZ)
Will the planned zones of SRB2 (Dark City and Grand Eggship) be added?

Will the planned zones of SRB2 (Dark City and Grand Eggship) be added?
Unfortunately no, as Dark City and Grand Eggship has no (or barely) any textures that matches up to current standards that i can use, nor do i have anyone to ask for making textures.

And this levelpack is based on what the main campaign is right now; GFZ-THZ-DSZ-CEZ-ACZ-RVZ-ERZ

Then how many phases will RVZ-M be?
sir im not even done with thz-m (almost) and dsz

with how far im thinking about rvz-m; two phases which are Red Volcano and Blue Mountain

yes, seriously im bringing the scrapped stuff back up in the kitchen :worry:

sonic climbs up from inside the mountain, and reaches the peak which is icecapped

an excuse to use Cool Edge (Wii & HD versions) as basis on level design

sir im not even done with thz-m (almost) and dsz

with how far im thinking about rvz-m; two phases which are Red Volcano and Blue Mountain

yes, seriously im bringing the scrapped stuff back up in the kitchen :worry:

sonic climbs up from inside the mountain, and reaches the peak which is icecapped

an excuse to use Cool Edge (Wii & HD versions) as basis on level design
BMZ was a really cool idea so It'd be cool to see it in this.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back