• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2: Generations

hermano, ¿cuándo estará listo el complemento?
principios-mediados de 2024 (no estoy seguro de mi español, solo estoy usando el traductor de google)
I don't know about the level design but this looks very detailed! I can't wait to try this when it releases.
level design would be crappy dont get your hopes up :worry: gfz is in need ofbeing shaved right now since the amount of trees i put in the skybox and the level itself is...lets say if im not careful and continue putting an unnecessary amount of trees i might make this bad boy siphon ps3/360 unleashed framerate (/j, i really just have a stupid laptop running on i3)

update tiem :threat:

beginning to build a new section (that one part in Greenhill Zone Act 2 from generations where if you stomp then the bridge breaks then boom you gotta do platforming to get back up) to give the stage a bit more platforming, though basic and nothing complex

added more details

- gave one "background island" a rework, now its less bland and a bit more interesting
- gave some walls new midtextures to give it more interest
- more that-one-random-wood-log-seen-from-gfz-act-2-thats-near-the-signpost
- more rings

ill take a one-to-two days break to gather more ideas and work on the mspaint map layouts™ (totally not an excuse to play sonic unleashed again lmfao)

i cant really attach screenshots right now as my internet's working with 50 kb/s what happened :wow:
Post automatically merged:

my internet back to normal here was the screenshot i was supposed to send last night

srb20075.png

Last edited:
greenflower zone is almost finished in terms of path, secrets though? barely have added (there are 3 emerald token locations but theyre hidden in plain sight lol) but hey we've reached past the one minute mark hooray :wow:

since all the modern stages are set in future versions of them, i REALLY want to make thz only have 3 phases; out base, in base, out base, with all of them taking place already at act 2 because hey eggman managed to fully take over the land, barely leaving any grass there (as to also reduce the complications about using 4-5 skyboxes)

im really tempted to release gfz-m once it's finished as a standalone, like demos or whatever but naw, maybe once i finish thz ill consider this idea again :worry:

[[work of a stupid airhead with barely any knowledge about zone builder and only has basic understanding about how modern level designs work, dont expect amazing stuff]]

screenshots

srb20085.png

srb20083.png

GFZ-M IS FINISHED

after 2 months (or was it just one and a half) it is so over :wow:

it lasts 1:10-1:15-1:20 minutes (top route, casual run), 1:15-1:25-1:30(bottom route, casual run w/ obstacles), though it can definitely be shortened if you straight up skip some loops and just air-boost your way to the goal

ill take 1-2 days rest :blink:
and after i feel rested im heading straight back into zone builder and start creating THZ-M :threat:

screenshots

srb20094.png

srb20096.png

GFZ-M IS FINISHED

after 2 months (or was it just one and a half) it is so over :wow:

it lasts 1:10-1:15-1:20 minutes (top route, casual run), 1:15-1:25-1:30(bottom route, casual run w/ obstacles), though it can definitely be shortened if you straight up skip some loops and just air-boost your way to the goal

ill take 1-2 days rest :blink:
and after i feel rested im heading straight back into zone builder and start creating THZ-M :threat:

screenshots

View attachment 106612
View attachment 106613
It's really nice seeing all this progress! Looks very fun! :wonderful:

ALRIGHT ITS 12 AM BREAKS OVER WE ARE SO BACK :welcometoreleases:

thz-m is now in development woooooo

though obviously id probably take working on the level a bit more leisurely since we're just 2 days before CHRISTMAS WOOOOOOOO

i decided to bring in more references from other games, fangames too like sonic test labs, basically any sonic game/fangame that has very linear design

target length of level for thz-m - 3:30-4:30 minutes

this will probably take another month and a half but im actively working on it, adding details everyday no worries

but other than that, its over go home :worry:

[[this is the work of an amateur, the goal of this entire levelpack is literally 3 stars, and thats aiming high for me lol, it will be scuffed, maybe boring, or inconsistent in details maybe idk lolll]]

hav som screenshots :threat:

srb20121.png

srb20122.png

srb20115.png

adding more details

still experimenting with phase 1's design but im getting a good idea already

i've made a small warning about the levelpack needing modern sonic to work as intended, low quality but thats what i could only do since im bad at drawing

added the act clear music from generations

no new sections has been added yet, still drawing phase 1's layout on mspaint :blink:

other than that, small adjustments has been added, but that ends today's small update

merry christmas :wonderful:

screenshots

srb20137.png

srb20130.png

srb20129.png

merry christmas!!!!!!

not much devetopment for today since its christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

but i did make a cool short section i think

theres an alternate path in the works too but im still working on it and dont think it could take a screenshot of it yet so we just have a picture and a gif for the first path, and a picture leading up to that-

break is coming to an end soon (a week after this day im posting this post) so the updates might take 2 days instead of daily now, hopefully thats not a problem yeah?

ok bye !!!!

screenshots

View attachment srb20027.gif
srb20148.png

srb20143.png

just a small update since i unfortunately got burnt out

mountain dew section real

other than that, not much has been done on the level lol

i did get permission from platinum entertainment over reusing SRB2EX's Ready lua and sprites (hooray!!!) (showcased on gif)

ill take a bit to rest and get hit with a creativity drive to start working on the level again, kay?

srb20154.png

View attachment srb20039.gif

phase 1 of thz-m is almost at it's end, just a bit more and i can start on phase 2

i havent been putting small progress updates daily since im lazy

still putting some details

but thats just that for today

i put more screenshots on the srb2 discord server so,

screenshot (well, only gif this time since i cant really get a nice shot of current progress)

View attachment srb20047.gif

phase 1 for thz-m is finally finished, currently working on a small bit before going onto phase 2

still ironing out some spots since some lacks details or seriously looks out of place compared to the rest

ive decided to focus on layout and relax on the actual appearance, then put in some thought over the appearance after deciding if i should keep the layout, so screenshots might look less detailed, but just think of it as work in progress :blink:

screenshot

srb20185.png

although im not dropping progress updates everyday, i do work on the project everyday, even if its just small adjustments

thz-m phase 2 is going nicely, though i have been a bit stumped over how the rooftops should look like

fixed the lighting on the skybox, giving it a better look rather than...erm, dogshit

made gfz-m's lighting NOT 255 anymore, so it's better :threat:

changed some enemy placements so modern sonic wouldn't home into the wrong path

screenshots
srb20216.png

srb20217.png

i might try making the skybox aligned so it can look better but aaaa im lazy

still, looks neat, i think?

trying to find a way to make this less gray, even if thz itself is 80% gray

school vacation is up so development time would be halved, i will still try my best to work on it everyday though

screenshot (one that shows gfz-m's better lighting to the eyes and super sonic flying at thz-m)
srb20224.png

srb20226.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back