SRB2: Chaotic Edition

[Open Assets] SRB2: Chaotic Edition 2

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
so im using the latest update of SRB2 and Chaotic edition and when i start a run the screen goes dark like Darkened vision but it hasnt been applied yet and i tried removing it using the blacklist command but i guess idk how to do it i did it like this:

"chaotic blacklist remove Darkened Vision"

and it didnt work it wouldn't let me remove it i tried "DarkenedVision", "Darkened"Vision", and many other variations and it wouldnt work am i doing it wrong?

so im using the latest update of SRB2 and Chaotic edition and when i start a run the screen goes dark like Darkened vision but it hasnt been applied yet and i tried removing it using the blacklist command but i guess idk how to do it i did it like this:

"chaotic blacklist remove Darkened Vision"

and it didnt work it wouldn't let me remove it i tried "DarkenedVision", "Darkened"Vision", and many other variations and it wouldnt work am i doing it wrong?
ah, that's a bug that happened when SRB2 updated to 2.2.10, for some reason it caused all HUD elements like that to get changed
i'll fix it in the next update, which might just be a hotfix to address this (i would've just made the update instead of typing this out but i saw this just before i went to bed, so sorry lol); weirdly i didn't have this issue last i tested it, but it seems to be fickle depending on the OS used.
it's a super weird glitch and idk what 2.2.10 did to make this happen, but i guess i should've handled the HUD better in the first place lol

ah, that's a bug that happened when SRB2 updated to 2.2.10, for some reason it caused all HUD elements like that to get changed
i'll fix it in the next update, which might just be a hotfix to address this (i would've just made the update instead of typing this out but i saw this just before i went to bed, so sorry lol); weirdly i didn't have this issue last i tested it, but it seems to be fickle depending on the OS used.
it's a super weird glitch and idk what 2.2.10 did to make this happen, but i guess i should've handled the HUD better in the first place lol
You should release said update, because the dark screen is getting a bit annoying, and I would be happy if you finally fixed it

Nice! I've been trying to fix it myself for a bit now but now you've done it. Can't wait for the brighter experience.
yeah, it was a 2-line code change really, now it only dims the screen when the default darkness value goes below the... darkness value
it's confusing lol, the transparency effect shouldn't be visible if the value is 10, in which it would get stronger the closer to 0 it is, but some SRB2 update caused it to be visible, hence why everything broke
this also broke one of my other mods that used this effect, in which i patched that out in an update, to which i thought i'd also update this mod... but i forgot to lol, sorry

yeah, it was a 2-line code change really, now it only dims the screen when the default darkness value goes below the... darkness value
it's confusing lol, the transparency effect shouldn't be visible if the value is 10, in which it would get stronger the closer to 0 it is, but some SRB2 update caused it to be visible, hence why everything broke
this also broke one of my other mods that used this effect, in which i patched that out in an update, to which i thought i'd also update this mod... but i forgot to lol, sorry
Well, I thought it had something to do with translucency due to the fact that I wasn't really able to determine what actually created the UI in the first place, and that it's the closest thing I could find in the script that relates to transparency, but it would only modify the transparency of the text that goes on the dark UI.

I recommend you add a command or some way to disable the text that shows what ability the 2nd player or bot has because I like to use this mod with a bunch of bots for absolute chaos but the text builds up like crazy on the screen and prevents me from seeing properly

EeveeEuphoria updated SRB2: Chaotic Edition with a new update entry:

v2.0 is now released!

This is a huge update that includes some new stuff, and a whole lot of tweaks to pre-existing effects! And a few bug fixes as a sprinkle on top.

Changelog
  • Timers are now randomized! Each effect will have a range of time it'll use to determine it's minimum and maximum time it'll be given to you!
  • A lot of numbers have been tweaked to account for this, so in general timers are a lot more different for the effects than they...

Read the rest of this update entry...

the chaotic blacklist command doesnt work both adding and removing in 2.2.11 i mean its either a problem with 2.2.11 or a problem with the mod itself

Screenshot 2023-07-17 115710.png

Screenshot 2023-07-17 115725.png

....Man. I wanted my rainbow timer. :')

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back