Sonic Robo Blast 2 Pet Peeves

Things you HATE about Sonic Robo Blast 2 or things that are super annoying.
I can start off with 7 things
1. Some shield placements just don't make sense, armageddon shields are far too likely (not a HATE but its offputting)
2. Eggman always laughs, as opposed to only laughing when he hits you. This annoys me way more than it should, I absolutely HATE this. I don't know why this just makes me so angry.
3. Armageddon Shield is not a very good shield. But I mean theres some spots in Deep Sea, GFZ 1, and then the disco room in ERZ2, the armageddon shield is good for enemies, but alot of times enemies arent really in the way.
4. That Red Volcano Zone emblem where you take a "golden key" or something i dunno but it has an elemental shield in it, but the way you get to the dang shield i just dont get other than Super.
5. The gargoyles in Azure Temple Zone that shoot green fire are just the most annoying things ever.
6. ERZ2 in Ultimate Mode.
7. Jettysyns.

Last edited:
I know a lot of people don't really like the laser turrets, but I actually quite like outrunning their projectile spam. I kinda wish there were more rooms using them in various different creative ways, and it makes me sad how rare they are. I guess my pet peeve is how few of these there are in the vanilla game.

This is also pretty subjective, but in my experience Chaos Emerald 6 is the hardest one to get, with 7 being far easier. 7 should definitely be the hardest one to get.

I know a lot of people don't really like the laser turrets, but I actually quite like outrunning their projectile spam. I kinda wish there were more rooms using them in various different creative ways, and it makes me sad how rare they are. I guess my pet peeve is how few of these there are in the vanilla game.

This is also pretty subjective, but in my experience Chaos Emerald 6 is the hardest one to get, with 7 being far easier. 7 should definitely be the hardest one to get.
.-. I don't find 6 hard at all, I think 7 has more like movement or whatever.
But to be fair I dont find any of the special stages challenging expect ahem *cough cough* Black Hole :threat:

4. That Red Volcano Zone emblem where you take a "golden key" or something i dunno but it has an elemental shield in it, but the way you get to the dang shield i just dont get other than Super.
You're expected to grab the golden invincibility monitor surrounded by torches while still in i-frames from touching the lava when you entered the tunnel. (or you can fly through with Tails)

If you ask me, I think Armageddon Shields can be interesting if placed strategically, like in Deep Sea, but they definitely make me think of the Crawla spam-based level design that was common in the Final Demo days. I guarantee you that the shield's sole purpose was to give an easy way to kill them all.

You're expected to grab the golden invincibility monitor surrounded by torches while still in i-frames from touching the lava when you entered the tunnel. (or you can fly through with Tails)
so you're supposed to get hit? I mean i wouldn't put it past them considering the golden monitor is surrounded by torches, so you have to get hit unless idk you play as fang?

so you're supposed to get hit? I mean i wouldn't put it past them considering the golden monitor is surrounded by torches, so you have to get hit unless idk you play as fang?
It’s obviously designed for Fang if it involves going over a hazard

It’s obviously designed for Fang if it involves going over a hazard
And what does the game tell you that makes you think "huh, this is designed for Fang"? Nothing, might as well be designed for Super Sonic, Super Knuckles, Super Metal, or just using the invincibility frames. You arent forced to play as Fang for that emblem, and you being Fang doesn't make the emblem easier or harder, as you can just as easily just take the hit and then grab the invinci monitor, etc. The only challenge to getting the emblem would be it being hidden really. And another thing is, I was under the impression Fang being able to bounce on damage floors or lava was something unintentional.

And what does the game tell you that makes you think "huh, this is designed for Fang"? Nothing, might as well be designed for Super Sonic, Super Knuckles, Super Metal, or just using the invincibility frames. You arent forced to play as Fang for that emblem, and you being Fang doesn't make the emblem easier or harder, as you can just as easily just take the hit and then grab the invinci monitor, etc. The only challenge to getting the emblem would be it being hidden really. And another thing is, I was under the impression Fang being able to bounce on damage floors or lava was something unintentional.
The thing that tells me that is the fact that Fang can bounce on lava. That’s not a bug

7. Jettysyns.

Ah, someone who can sympathize with my sheer hatred for Jettysyns, one of the most annoying enemies in the game. Played through the game once with meta knight, got a game over in egg rock 2 because a jettysyn knocked me off one of the rising/falling platforms in that big tube-like room.

1. Some shield placements just don't make sense, armageddon shields are far too likely (not a HATE but its offputting)
2. Eggman always laughs, as opposed to only laughing when he hits you. This annoys me way more than it should, I absolutely HATE this. I don't know why this just makes me so angry.
3. Armageddon Shield is not a very good shield. But I mean theres some spots in Deep Sea, GFZ 1, and then the disco room in ERZ2, the armageddon shield is good for enemies, but alot of times enemies arent really in the way.
5. The gargoyles in Azure Temple Zone that shoot green fire are just the most annoying things ever.
7. Jettysyns.
  1. Agreed here.
  2. Are you referring to the Brak Eggman fight? I have no idea why that would annoy you so much, but I guess everyone has their little annoyances.
  3. Agreed again.
  4. The "golden key" refers to a golden invincibility monitor behind a bustable wall, then another golden invincibility monitor behind some torches. I didn't realize that until I looked up how to earn the emblem, making it one of the few emblems I didn't find on my own. Honestly, I think the bustable wall is far too subtle and near impossible to notice, especially compared to how bustable walls look in (for example) GFZ or THZ, and in any case the emblem is easier to obtain by going super. This issue would be much less severe if the bustable wall had a more distinct texture.
  5. The point of those gargoyles is as timing challenges, which Azure Temple sometimes pulls off well, sometimes not so well. Some of the hallways with the fire gargoyles are interesting challenges, but others I just have no idea how to get through unharmed, like the ones where fire is shot from the sides and in front of you at the same time.
  6. The game warns you that ultimate mode isn't even remotely fair, so I don't see why you'd be surprised ERZ2 in ultimate mode is so frustrating.
  7. Agreed here. Jetty-syns simply need a do-over. They're very archaic in design and it's never clear to me how you're supposed to efficiently deal with them.

1. Are you referring to the Brak Eggman fight? I have no idea why that would annoy you so much, but I guess everyone has their little annoyances.

I am referring to every Eggman Boss that IS NOT BRAK.
Look at the Greenflower Zone Act 3 boss, notice how when he finishes his attack, his sprites change and he does a "laughing animation", whether or not he actually hit you. I just really dislike seeing him laugh just every time he finishes an attack. Like when he uses his laser move, he'll just laugh and then move to the next spot.

> The "golden key" refers to a golden invincibility monitor behind a bustable wall
...i didnt even know there was a bustable wall, i just used super as i was thinking "super form is golden i guesssss" because i literally didnt see any other way.

I like the concept of the rollout rock in a place where it shouldn't be... but that hint is super vague, theres no way to know "oh hey thats a bustable wall what if i rolled the rollout rock there", like i knew how to get the rollout rock to that area, but i was under the impression i was supposed to like go somewhere you could actually see "oh its talking about this area". I liked getting the rollout rock to that area, but I thought that area was just a simple life area that isn't worth it because those stupid birds are horribly designed.

What I hate is the Hall Of Mirrors on the software renderer. It mostly happens whenever you play something like srb2 thicc or get stuck on the elevator in ERZ2 and I just hate whenever HOM occurs

7. Jettysyns.
8. THOSE FUCKING CRABS IN DSZ

I don't like how i get an alert when my message is merged with my previous message. Why do you get pinged for that.

Anyway yeah alot of Armageddon Shield placements I just don't understand.
Deep Sea and Techno Hill just don't need armageddon shields at all. I forget how many THZ has but iirc its alot.
ERZ1 has a hidden armageddon shield after the laser room... which is useful for.... getting rid of that laser enemy in the lava room? honestly
erz2 has multiple i think, but i mean at least in that level you can carry the armageddon shield to the disco room and activate it and kill all the enemies. I like doing that, haha funny disco room go brr.
Post automatically merged:

8. THOSE FUCKING CRABS IN DSZ
They're not THAT bad, honestly easy to avoid. I've never been killed by them in ultimate mode, its those god hecking damned jettysyns, those laser things, and drowning in space.... whyyyyyy can you drown in spaceeeeeee
erz2 is like the only unfair level, i know i can beat metal race and metal no hit, i know i can beat brak, i know i CAN beat ERZ2 but ERZ2 is just so AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attachments

• srb20254.png
    srb20254.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 99
I am referring to every Eggman Boss that IS NOT BRAK.
Look at the Greenflower Zone Act 3 boss, notice how when he finishes his attack, his sprites change and he does a "laughing animation", whether or not he actually hit you. I just really dislike seeing him laugh just every time he finishes an attack. Like when he uses his laser move, he'll just laugh and then move to the next spot.

> The "golden key" refers to a golden invincibility monitor behind a bustable wall
...i didnt even know there was a bustable wall, i just used super as i was thinking "super form is golden i guesssss" because i literally didnt see any other way.

I like the concept of the rollout rock in a place where it shouldn't be... but that hint is super vague, theres no way to know "oh hey thats a bustable wall what if i rolled the rollout rock there", like i knew how to get the rollout rock to that area, but i was under the impression i was supposed to like go somewhere you could actually see "oh its talking about this area". I liked getting the rollout rock to that area, but I thought that area was just a simple life area that isn't worth it because those stupid birds are horribly designed.
Oh, I thought you meant the laughing sound effects in the Brak fight, not the visual laughing in other fights.

As for the rollout rock emblem, I agree that that one is far too vague. As with the other emblem you talked about, it doesn't help that the bustable wall is extremely difficult to notice.
Post automatically merged:

Hall of Mirrors? I have no idea what that is
Read this wiki page:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back