Sonic Robo Blast 2 Pet Peeves

1.how much tails is op and unfair to race against
2.castle eggman act 2 killing pc's
3.srb2 not being able to have public servers in older versions
4.pipe tower lag spikes(mostly when using midi) killing me

I don't have too many nitpicks all things considered, but the ones I do got would be...

- No alternate game modes with addons loaded. I know the current workaround is to use a .soc, but... that extra step does get pretty annoying especially when you just want to try, say, Marathon Mode with a character mod. On a similar note that was pointed out earlier here, the NiGHTs mode icon being only Sonic even when you swap character is a bit sad. I love that extra detail the other menus have for swapping characters, having it in NiGHTs mode would help make things more complete! Going onto another thing I think can be more complete...

- Shield sprites and abilities. Attraction and Armageddon are awesome to use as is, and I love the update to let you chain Atrraction's Homing Attack. It's like 3D Blast's Golden Shield given new life! I also love the 3&K shields, but... where's the love for Force and Elemental? Force looks cool at first but admittedly looks pretty weird next to the other shields, and it's ability is lackluster. I get an air brake is useful at times, but so is holding the direction opposite your current direction. I only really use the air brake when playing with a momentum mod as it's much more effective in that setting where you're literally too fast to control. I remember a mod for it made it push enemies back? I just think it needs polish. The Elemental Shield though... fire aside it looks like crap. It needs a smoothing out, and it just looks... unfinished. The ability too, it feels like something should happen after the drop. It doesn't need to be the Drop Dash, but... maybe a horizontal bounce? A wider circle of flames when hitting the ground? Anything new. Logan McCloud's edited shields from his old MD2 pack looked godly, I'd love to see a look like that in the future. This bit is also likely an OpenGL bug, but both Elemental and Armageddon shields have these lines going through them while the rest don't.

- Some camera control tweaks would be perfect. Playing in Simple with a PS4 controller feels great, but the camera is a bit tough to get following just right. CobaltBW had a new camera control concept on his Twitter that I really liked for instance! And the more important nitpick IMO... when locking on to a boss, the lock-on disappears the second you hit the boss and it can be disorienting trying to snap the camera back to the right position. I'd love to just keep a lock on the boss like Adventure 1!
Is that by design? Since once you hit the boss they are flashing, which I thought signaled they were unhittable. And Eggman would fly to get away, which made sense the lock on would unlock for the player to track him again.

I felt it made sense but that's just me.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back