Sonic Robo Blast 2 Labyrinth

[Open Assets] Sonic Robo Blast 2 Labyrinth Version 2.0

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Sonic is a fast Hedgehog, which is one of the main reason why SRB2's levels are so big and explorative. But what if we made him slow? Introducing, Sonic Robo Blast 2 Labyrinth, which makes Sonic slow, just like in Sonic Labyrinth!

Walking won't get you anywhere (fast), So you have to use your spin dash! Be careful though, it could be dangerous if you use it the wrong way.

Since you cannot jump in the game, you can use springs to jump! Just press (or hold) the jump button to spawn a spring under your feet to jump! You can chain it up with a spin dash in order to keep speed! You can also recurl by pressing spin in the air!

Sonic's thok has been down/upgraded to the Momentum Breaking Thok! Recurl and then press jump in order to stop all of your momentum and just fall staight onto the ground.

If you're feeling stuck, you can use the command labyrinth_stuck to turn super and move normally. It can only be used once per stage.

Well, I think that's it for what it can do. Why don't you give it a try?

Attachments

• srb20017.gif
    srb20017.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 787
  • srb20018.gif
    srb20018.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 633
  • srb20019.gif
    srb20019.gif
    7 MB · Views: 479
  • srb20020.gif
    srb20020.gif
    2 MB · Views: 554
  • L_Labyrinth-v2.pk3
    1,011 bytes · Views: 222
  • VL_Labyrinth-v1.lua
    3.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Welcome to releases! It's an interesting concept, but it's not quite like Labyrinth in a few areas; while there is a way to cut your momentum, it feels odd not being able to uncurl on the ground and pump the breaks like you can in Labyrinth. There's also no way to not get out of an overcharged spindash situation without using the air braking thok, where as Labyrinth would increase and then decrease your charge as you held it.

Still, I suppose maybe these arern't such a big deal after all, since you still have more control then you ever did in labyrinth, so its probably fine as is. Haven't played a whole campaign to know. Still neat though!

• Cool!
Reactions: Duo
omg i was hoping for this to be made!
now this is a real challenge i can do

Last edited:
Welcome to releases! It's an interesting concept, but it's not quite like Labyrinth in a few areas; while there is a way to cut your momentum, it feels odd not being able to uncurl on the ground and pump the breaks like you can in Labyrinth. There's also no way to not get out of an overcharged spindash situation without using the air braking thok, where as Labyrinth would increase and then decrease your charge as you held it.

Still, I suppose maybe these arern't such a big deal after all, since you still have more control then you ever did in labyrinth, so its probably fine as is. Haven't played a whole campaign to know. Still neat though!
I agree. It's a small thing, but I feel like these additions would be really handy, not to mention a visual indicator of how much the spindash is charged (like in Sonic Labyrinth)

Ah, I see! I will try to take this criticism and try to add these in the next update! It will be hard though, since it would be my first time using sprites and drawing things onto the screen though.

As someone who has beaten labyrinth inotice a couple things 1 make this mod a colectathon if your trying to make it like labyrinth part of the game is the tediousness of it 2 sonic has a regular jump may i suggest using a custom button for the high jump and it should be fine that is all

As someone who has beaten labyrinth inotice a couple things 1 make this mod a colectathon if your trying to make it like labyrinth part of the game is the tediousness of it 2 sonic has a regular jump may i suggest using a custom button for the high jump and it should be fine that is all
Wait, he can jump normally? When?
Also, I don't want to make it a Collect-A-Thon, since that'll be too hard to do for my skill level.

I don't want to make it a Collect-A-Thon, since that'll be too hard to do for my skill level.
That's alright, and just because Labyrinth has keys to collect does not mean that you have to add them in. However, I have a suggestion, and it's to make everyone slow like Sonic. (If you can't do that, I understand.)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back