This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
well, thanks for my favorite hud addon
it's very good but.

if play only with hud addon, are life icon all right
srb20296.png

but if play as "sa-sonic" life icon bug looks like that
srb20297.png

and else if fast add sa-sonic and next this hud. end screen looks like that
srb20298.png

WARNING: ...x86)\SRB2 v2.2\addons\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/sa1hud.lua:853: bad argument #2 to '?' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
...x86)\SRB2 v2.2\addons\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/sa1hud.lua:853: in function 'sadxLives'
...x86)\SRB2 v2.2\addons\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/sa1hud.lua:1236: in function 'func'
...RB2 v2.2\addons\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/customhudlib.lua:333: in function 'RunCustomHooks'
...RB2 v2.2\addons\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/customhudlib.lua:356: in function <...RB2 v2.2\addons\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/customhudlib.lua:355>

Last edited:
well, thanks for my favorite hud addon
it's very good but.

if play only with hud addon, are life icon all right
View attachment 93781

but if play as "sa-sonic" life icon bug looks like that
View attachment 93782

and else if fast add sa-sonic and next this hud. end screen looks like that
View attachment 93784
WARNING: ...x86)\SRB2 v2.2\addons\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/sa1hud.lua:853: bad argument #2 to '?' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
...x86)\SRB2 v2.2\addons\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/sa1hud.lua:853: in function 'sadxLives'
...x86)\SRB2 v2.2\addons\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/sa1hud.lua:1236: in function 'func'
...RB2 v2.2\addons\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/customhudlib.lua:333: in function 'RunCustomHooks'
...RB2 v2.2\addons\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/customhudlib.lua:356: in function <...RB2 v2.2\addons\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/customhudlib.lua:355>
Adding onto this, when I tried it, the timer was completely gone, including Gamma's combo elements and stuff (which makes playing him nigh impossible, as now it's completely guesswork to figure out what time you have.) Plus, the HUD for whatever reason does *not* factor in Emeralds - token box and Emeralds sprites are completely omitted, despite still having sounds.

Speaking of, end results screen doesn't seem to fully replace SRB2's; you can still hear that one ticking away after the SA1 HUD stops if you have a high enough score, and since the level switching is dependant on SRB2's screen ending... yeah, this almost seem rushed, like the end results screen was hastily added in without having tested stuff that usually wouldn't be missed. I hope this gets fixed soon, or at least accounted for in some way.

(Yes, I know I can skip both results screens; when I first learned it, I was playing Adventure Sonic, and I usually let his Act Clear theme replacement play in full because I really like Sonic Adventure's Act Clear theme.)

This seems to Break the Super Mario Bros. Power ups at least some of them example: Force Shield=Fire Flower, but with this added it doesn't do that anymore.

When loading this after Adventure Sonic, the level results screen does not appear, and remains empty as the sounds play. Here's the traceback... WARNING: ...ons\Graphics&SFX\HUDs\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/sa1hud.lua:853: bad argument #2 to '?' (string expected, got nil) stack traceback: [C]: ? ...ons\Graphics&SFX\HUDs\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/sa1hud.lua:853: in function 'sadxLives' ...ons\Graphics&SFX\HUDs\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/sa1hud.lua:1236: in function 'func' ...aphics&SFX\HUDs\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/customhudlib.lua:333: in function 'RunCustomHooks' ...aphics&SFX\HUDs\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/customhudlib.lua:356: in function <...aphics&SFX\HUDs\l_sa1hud-v3.pk3|lua/customhudlib.lua:355>
And thanks to katsy on the SRB2 Discord for helping me figure this out! The skin is being initialized to nil.
Lua:
    local skin = nil;
    local color = player.skincolor;

if (player.mo and player.mo.valid)
        skin = player.mo.skin;
        color = player.mo.color;
    elseif (lastValidSkin[#player] != nil)
        skin = lastValidSkin[#player];
    end

if not (skins[skin] and skins[skin].valid)
        return;
    end
By replacing the validity check if not (skins[skin] and skins[skin].valid) with a simple return if skin is nil, the code is fixed!

Last edited:
Found a bug, this mod seems to conflict with the Modern Sonic V5.12 mod, that mod's HUD (This happens with all HUD options and every character) will overlap with this, always rendering underneath this one. Any way this can be fixed?

Attachments

• image_2023-08-21_105827288.png
    image_2023-08-21_105827288.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 193
  • image_2023-08-21_105843605.png
    image_2023-08-21_105843605.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 248
  • image_2023-08-21_105902677.png
    image_2023-08-21_105902677.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 145
  • image_2023-08-21_105917141.png
    image_2023-08-21_105917141.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 162
time, score and rings get bugged when I try to use sa hud in level packs like Official Level Design Collabs. is there a way to fix this?

There's a bit of an issue as of v2.2.12 (and to a lesser extent, v2.2.13) where using this mod with the Adventure Monitors mod has double icons show on screen when busting open a monitor. I don't know if anyone else has this issue, because simply not loading one of them doesn't show. I know it's one or the other, but I can't figure out which one is causing the problem. Adventure Monitors hasn't been updated since it was renamed from Modern Monitors, so that mod might be causing the issue, but I could be wrong.

I'm gonna post the same thing on the Adventure Monitors mod page so that it's creator is aware of this, too.

There's a bit of an issue as of v2.2.12 (and to a lesser extent, v2.2.13) where using this mod with the Adventure Monitors mod has double icons show on screen when busting open a monitor. I don't know if anyone else has this issue, because simply not loading one of them doesn't show. I know it's one or the other, but I can't figure out which one is causing the problem. Adventure Monitors hasn't been updated since it was renamed from Modern Monitors, so that mod might be causing the issue, but I could be wrong.

I'm gonna post the same thing on the Adventure Monitors mod page so that it's creator is aware of this, too.
Yeah, I have the same issue.

ok im not sure which mod has the problems here so im just gonna say the same thing on these two. when you have the SA1 hud and adventure monitors loaded and you break a monitor, the item shows twice but still gives you one as it should. its just a visual problem but its a little annoying.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back