Sonic Advance 2: Boostmentum

Sonic Advance 2: Boostmentum 2.0 - Big Rework (Aerial Preservation & More!)

flares mach speed rolling is basically uncontrollable with the mod
Post automatically merged:

flares mach speed rolling is basically uncontrollable with the mod
nvm some mod was prob messing with it, idk which tho

Attachments

• srb20003.gif
    srb20003.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
the boost trail creates duplicates for tails' tails and the mario bros' overalls, probably affects other characters too

Star submitted a new resource:

Sonic Advance 2: Boost-mentum - Sonic Advance 2 Boosting! Earn your speed and be rewarded for playing well!

Read more about this resource...
Hey, really like the mod! Works really well with X momentum as well. Modern sonic doesn't seem to work too well though, he builds it up then loses it as soon as he's about to get to full speed. Other than that, great mod! :) 🥇

Happy to and glad to hear! I agree. Modding lets us turn SRB2 into our dream Sonic game.
Yes it does... Can you please take a look at this mod idea I have? it is in my account for an Australian themed dingo character who can shift gravity. You don't have to, but it would be amazing!

Hey, really like the mod! Works really well with X momentum as well. Modern sonic doesn't seem to work too well though, he builds it up then loses it as soon as he's about to get to full speed. Other than that, great mod! :) 🥇

Yes it does... Can you please take a look at this mod idea I have? it is in my account for an Australian themed dingo character who can shift gravity. You don't have to, but it would be amazing!
the mod doesnt support modern sonic

Yeah, as Sairrry said he isn't compatible. I've looked at it a bit and there's nothing I can do on my end to make him compatible. Its likely a clash between his own boosting and mine.
Oh, that would make more sense! Thanks for pointing it out.

I'm not sure if it is meant to support neo sonic, but combined with x momentum, you can go R E A L L Y fast with him!
Its meant to support anyone really. The mod works best with the characters that don't have dash/ boost modes, but I'm not going to say who you can and can't use it with! Break the game for all I care, have fun with it. XD
Sounds fun, but I'm not that interested in doing any character mods right now. I'm more interested in making universal mods that all characters can use. I'm not sure when I'll work on the next, but I'm thinking of making a grind mod that comes with a couple ways to use in standard stages as well as an asset and map-specific lua for map makers. We'll see.
the boost trail creates duplicates for tails' tails and the mario bros' overalls, probably affects other characters too
If its solely visual, then the only thing I can probably do is create different visual effects for certain characters. I'll look at it later.

Last edited:
Yeah, as Sairrry said he isn't compatible. I've looked at it a bit and there's nothing I can do on my end to make him compatible. Its likely a clash between his own boosting and mine.

Its meant to support anyone really. The mod works best with the characters that don't have dash/ boost modes, but I'm not going to say who you can and can't use it with! Break the game for all I care, have fun with it. XD

Sounds fun, but I'm not that interested in doing any character mods right now. I'm more interested in making universal mods that all characters can use. I'm not sure when I'll work on the next, but I'm thinking of making a grind mod that comes with a couple ways to use in standard stages as well as an asset and map-specific lua for map makers. We'll see.

If its solely visual, then the only thing I can probably do is create different visual effects for certain characters. I'll look at it later.
Hi, thanks for replying to my message, it's completely fine that modern sonic doesn't work. I can't make mods, so this is still pretty cool. And I completely understand if you don't want to make a character mod. And I am aware that modern sonic has some grinding lua stuff you may be able to look at for reference. It replaces the ability to use minecarts with just being able to ride them without one. I have seen a few levels do this too. Thanks for replying again! :)

Hi, thanks for replying to my message, it's completely fine that modern sonic doesn't work. I can't make mods, so this is still pretty cool. And I completely understand if you don't want to make a character mod. And I am aware that modern sonic has some grinding lua stuff you may be able to look at for reference. It replaces the ability to use minecarts with just being able to ride them without one. I have seen a few levels do this too. Thanks for replying again! :)
Oh yeah no prob! My idea was to add 3 different ways to grind - 2D images like fences being detected as "rails", mine tracks like Modern Sonic, and then a custom rail asset people can use. Rail grinding is one of the core mechanics I feel is missing from SRB2 so I'd love to get it in there.
I also wouldn't mind making the rings that you can jump through, though those would only be an asset.

I would happily test this out if you want btw. I like the idea of the rings that you go through (can't remember what they're called) being a feature people can use in their custom levels. Who knows? It may even become something such as that one boost panel you see everywhere!

I would happily test this out if you want btw. I like the idea of the rings that you go through (can't remember what they're called) being a feature people can use in their custom levels. Who knows? It may even become something such as that one boost panel you see everywhere!
Sure, I'll let ya know whenever I get around to doing the next mod!

This is great to use! Unfortunately Modern Sonic doesn't seem to be compatible, which is the one you'd expect to naturally work with, oddly enough.

srb20409.gif

This is great to use! Unfortunately Modern Sonic doesn't seem to be compatible, which is the one you'd expect to naturally work with, oddly enough.

View attachment 82399
Modern Sonic is listed in mod incompatibilities. Modern Sonic already has his own boost anyway.
Nothing I can do on my end to fix that, as it comes down to how that mod is made. Sorry.

You can always use the console to turn off the boost when playing as him. If I recall from my testing, he doesn't work with charge boost but works with momentum so I could always disable the former and keep the latter for him.

Last edited:
The only thing that needs to be changed is to make it auto-disable when super (it messes with SA-Sonic's super form for example) but other than that, this mod is perfect.

Also, I saw you (Star) say in an earlier post that you're interested in making universal mods, are you open to requests? if not I understand, you do you, you make what you want to make.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back