Sonic Advance 2: Boostmentum

Sonic Advance 2: Boostmentum 2.0 - Big Rework (Aerial Preservation & More!)

I have a idea of how to fix it . how about making it so you do not need max speed you just need to run. This will make modern sonic work
There's nothing to fix. Boostmentum's method of accelerating the character is incompatible with some other methods that these custom characters use. I will not be adding support for various custom characters. Modern Sonic already has his own boost. I recommend playing a character that doesn't have a boost.

There's nothing to fix. Boostmentum's method of accelerating the character is incompatible with some other methods that these custom characters use. I will not be adding support for various custom characters. Modern Sonic already has his own boost. I recommend playing a character that doesn't have a boost.
Buy you could maybe add a command to deactivate the boostmentum temporarily or make it disable when using especific characters like Modern Sonic for example, just an idea

Buy you could maybe add a command to deactivate the boostmentum temporarily or make it disable when using especific characters like Modern Sonic for example, just an idea
That command already exists specifically for this reason.

But the commands didn't do anything (sorry for hopping into this discussion suddenly). when I briefly used Modern Sonic again ( I hadn't played with him for almost a year, and I wanted to see how he would play with my setup of mods) the commands didn't work and I used both of them (boostm & the global one) and Modern Sonic's acceleration was still broken.

I think this mod does two things:

1. Gives every character boostmentum

2. Makes some tweaks to acceleration & top speed code

The commands seem to only affect the first thing, but not the second, since after I tested him with each command (as in I first tried it with the "boostm" command set to off, then I used the global command after turning "boostm" back to on) he would still reach ridiculous speeds without even boosting.

But the commands didn't do anything (sorry for hopping into this discussion suddenly). when I briefly used Modern Sonic again ( I hadn't played with him for almost a year, and I wanted to see how he would play with my setup of mods) the commands didn't work and I used both of them (boostm & the global one) and Modern Sonic's acceleration was still broken.

I think this mod does two things:

1. Gives every character boostmentum

2. Makes some tweaks to acceleration & top speed code

The commands seem to only affect the first thing, but not the second, since after I tested him with each command (as in I first tried it with the "boostm" command set to off, then I used the global command after turning "boostm" back to on) he would still reach ridiculous speeds without even boosting.
Boostmentum is a boost and momentum mod, hence the name. The command boostm only disables boosting, it does not disable the momentum. Even if the momentum were disabled, he'd likely reach those same ridiculous speeds while boosting because he's not compatible with how either feature of this mod works.

Modern Sonic is specifically listed as being incompatible in the mod description.
This is unlikely to ever change. I will not be replying to anymore posts about Modern Sonic as it keeps coming up despite having him clearly listed as not working alongside Boostmentum. There are many other variations of Sonic that work great with it.

Boostmentum works best when used alongside characters that do not have their own dash or boost modes and that is the official suggestion.

so, as i was checking thru the commands, i saw a boostmextreme command, but i haven´t found the differences between standard and extreme modes, what are the differences?

this hasn't been updated in 1 year damn
or just months because.. uhhh
Yeah, sorry. Just been busy with a lot of other things and haven't found the time or motivation to come back. I still do have a big update planned that was in the works and will come someday but I can't make any promises when.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back