anyone figure out what the 2nd image from the left is in aether's castle? first is beating mindscape, third is beating the game with all emeralds and fourth is beating it without all emeralds. no idea what the second one entails. also is there a way to replay mindscape once you've beaten it other than just deleting the mod's saves
its for getting a game over during mindscape i believe. looks kinda badass too. also would be nice to have more dialogue for more custom characters, like for eggpack or something else

its for getting a game over during mindscape i believe. looks kinda badass too. also would be nice to have more dialogue for more custom characters, like for eggpack or something else
From what i heard,a lot of characters have dialogues some admin said in the release server,one example being Shadow

I don't want to give this a review because stars don't really sum up how I feel about the mod, it has a lot of really good stuff but also a lot of stuff that just doesn't feel properly playtested.

Simply put: I think mindscape for the most part is really good and the 3 lives limit there makes sense and is fair but including the boss in that is completely ridiculous, speaking of the boss JESUS CHRIST IS HE UNFAIR he just straight up doesn't feel like he was playtested outside of the developer and as a result has a bunch of timing and openings that are both insanely tight for a game that controls like SRB2 but also just feel like you just "have to know" what he's going to do before he does it, punishing you for going too fast on his flame breath is silly and he has FAR too much HP.
I used Pandora's Box to give myself more lives only to remember that now the game wouldn't save which felt really bad.
Yeah I'm aware part of this is a "skill issue" but I consider myself pretty good at videogames, I have beaten and speedrun every monster in the Monster Hunter series, P ranked and then speedran all of Pizza Tower twice and played every single sonic game that has come out so if I'm having issues here I think the boss is just overtuned.

The dances are pretty funny. I really enjoy this mod. Inazuma for me is really easy to use.

Attachments

• srb20008.gif
    srb20008.gif
    11.1 MB · Views: 82
  • srb20007.gif
    srb20007.gif
    10.2 MB · Views: 77
how do you even get a game over during mindscape if you lose all your lives you just get sent back to wherever you were in the campaign

I really love the whole package overall- Ina and Aether are both super fun to use, especially together. But I agree with a lot of the criticism already present in the thread, too.

I don't have much new to add to the discussion with Mindscape itself. If there were more 1-ups placed around, I think that'd allow the difficulty of it to be maintained without being so punishing on mistakes.

In the general sense, I totally understand why the whole sequence is as difficult as it is, even beyond lore reasons- Ultimate Ina is a pretty massive reward! And players very much do have the option to add lives and still have the I/O save that they did it. Still, I think it would be fair to make some adjustments without compromising the difficulty for real.

My main complaints come with the Moonreaver fight specifically. Namely, it's too dang long! Again, I find its difficulty mostly fair between reward and lore- the biggest issue with it to me is how rarely Moonreaver is vulnerable. Having Aether with you makes it easier to get numerous hits on him at a time, but I couldn't imagine doing it with solo Ina. I'd guess one part of the lack of vulnerability was a consideration for multiplayer? But I think in such cases, Moonreaver's difficulty oughta scale, at least somewhat- if that's possible, anyways. I think, against solo Ina, he should linger longer in his moments of vulnerability, and be more open to attacks even while himself attacking. With Ina and Aether together, I think he just needs the extra vulnerability when attacking. And keeping him as is in multiplayer seems fine to me. It's pretty blatant that Moonreaver was inspired by bosses from Kirby and the Forgotten Land (not a negative in the least, to be clear), and 'vulnerability while attacking' is a big part of the boss fights in that game. But Ina doesn't get a slow-mo perfect dodge to compensate for Moonreaver's speed, so I believe other means of compensation are fair. Additionally, Moonreaver should probably have a brief audio/visual indication that he's fully charged before performing the attacks that require one (assuming he doesn't already have one anyways, I'm not a hundred percent certain there wasn't one)- getting hit by the sword beam barrage for going in with Ina feels a little wack without that.

One last thing- it'd be nice if the player had the option of going super/sol during the first two fights. Whether adding rings to the level or just placing some secret ring monitors, that'd be another fair means of scaling back the difficulty without much compromise of vision- although, that's an adjustment best saved for when transforming gets its own button.

Regardless of criticisms, the effort that went into this is monumental, and deserves to be respected and celebrated. The team did an amazing job, and the whole package is absolutely awesome. Be proud, and take a well-deserved break!

anyone figure out what the 2nd image from the left is in aether's castle? first is beating mindscape, third is beating the game with all emeralds and fourth is beating it without all emeralds. no idea what the second one entails. also is there a way to replay mindscape once you've beaten it other than just deleting the mod's saves
There is. Before you complete Mindscape Zone, forcing the map with the map command (if my experience on the release server is anything to go by) kicks you out. After completing it however, you can then go back into the map with the map command and it will not kick you out.

Anyways I'm not the first to say this but yeah 3 lives is way too few for the entire gauntlet that is mindscape zone. The level is fun in a vacuum but the limited lives kinda ruin it. The level has more checkpoints than lives. That's insane. After the third or fourth time i got kicked out of mindscape I just set my lives to infinite and had exponentially more fun with mindscape. I'm not saying the lives count should be infinite but either a higher starting life count or a way to get lives in the level would be appreciated. Otherwise, doing it legitimately is incredibly tedious.

speaking of mindscape, it feels really off to not see facciolo react to sms in mindscape, y'know, with sms probably being the most powerful being in the entire mindscape, beating facciolo in power?
Post automatically merged:

heck even the fact that exetior/sonic.exe doesnt have one is real offputting too, feels like he should have one

i went to the boss and well he too high i cant reach him

I don't want to give this a review because stars don't really sum up how I feel about the mod, it has a lot of really good stuff but also a lot of stuff that just doesn't feel properly playtested.

Simply put: I think mindscape for the most part is really good and the 3 lives limit there makes sense and is fair but including the boss in that is completely ridiculous, speaking of the boss JESUS CHRIST IS HE UNFAIR he just straight up doesn't feel like he was playtested outside of the developer and as a result has a bunch of timing and openings that are both insanely tight for a game that controls like SRB2 but also just feel like you just "have to know" what he's going to do before he does it, punishing you for going too fast on his flame breath is silly and he has FAR too much HP.
I used Pandora's Box to give myself more lives only to remember that now the game wouldn't save which felt really bad.
Yeah I'm aware part of this is a "skill issue" but I consider myself pretty good at videogames, I have beaten and speedrun every monster in the Monster Hunter series, P ranked and then speedran all of Pizza Tower twice and played every single sonic game that has come out so if I'm having issues here I think the boss is just overtuned.
they really need to nerf him also use the admin tools mod to give you lives

I really love the whole package overall- Ina and Aether are both super fun to use, especially together. But I agree with a lot of the criticism already present in the thread, too.

I don't have much new to add to the discussion with Mindscape itself. If there were more 1-ups placed around, I think that'd allow the difficulty of it to be maintained without being so punishing on mistakes.

In the general sense, I totally understand why the whole sequence is as difficult as it is, even beyond lore reasons- Ultimate Ina is a pretty massive reward! And players very much do have the option to add lives and still have the I/O save that they did it. Still, I think it would be fair to make some adjustments without compromising the difficulty for real.

My main complaints come with the Moonreaver fight specifically. Namely, it's too dang long! Again, I find its difficulty mostly fair between reward and lore- the biggest issue with it to me is how rarely Moonreaver is vulnerable. Having Aether with you makes it easier to get numerous hits on him at a time, but I couldn't imagine doing it with solo Ina. I'd guess one part of the lack of vulnerability was a consideration for multiplayer? But I think in such cases, Moonreaver's difficulty oughta scale, at least somewhat- if that's possible, anyways. I think, against solo Ina, he should linger longer in his moments of vulnerability, and be more open to attacks even while himself attacking. With Ina and Aether together, I think he just needs the extra vulnerability when attacking. And keeping him as is in multiplayer seems fine to me. It's pretty blatant that Moonreaver was inspired by bosses from Kirby and the Forgotten Land (not a negative in the least, to be clear), and 'vulnerability while attacking' is a big part of the boss fights in that game. But Ina doesn't get a slow-mo perfect dodge to compensate for Moonreaver's speed, so I believe other means of compensation are fair. Additionally, Moonreaver should probably have a brief audio/visual indication that he's fully charged before performing the attacks that require one (assuming he doesn't already have one anyways, I'm not a hundred percent certain there wasn't one)- getting hit by the sword beam barrage for going in with Ina feels a little wack without that.

One last thing- it'd be nice if the player had the option of going super/sol during the first two fights. Whether adding rings to the level or just placing some secret ring monitors, that'd be another fair means of scaling back the difficulty without much compromise of vision- although, that's an adjustment best saved for when transforming gets its own button.

Regardless of criticisms, the effort that went into this is monumental, and deserves to be respected and celebrated. The team did an amazing job, and the whole package is absolutely awesome. Be proud, and take a well-deserved break!

Fun fact: The inspiration was completely original. Everything was conceptualized and a short while before Forgotten Land released, so the shock when many things were similar was unreal

i went to the boss and well he too high i cant reach him

they really need to nerf him also use the admin tools mod to give you lives

whenever you use ina's neutral shock it slightly upgrades both his speed and the height he gains from his homing attack. do it a couple of times and then homing attack the orbs at the edges of the arena and you can reach him no problem

Fun fact: The inspiration was completely original. Everything was conceptualized and a short while before Forgotten Land released, so the shock when many things were similar was unreal
Huh, neat! I can believe that, I made an assumption based on the choice of music for Moonreaver's fight, and how similar the custom camera was with how it focuses on the boss and relevant attacks exclusively- but that technique goes back to, like, Sonic Adventure, really. Forgotten Land certainly didn't invent the concept, it was just the first thing that sprang to mind thanks to the music.

i've manage to beat the boss and i cant really say much be the best way to beat him is with aether using her super form via admin tools mod you can repeatedly set your rings to 50 to transform and use her light spell

KNUCKLES WHY ARE YOU HERE?

i've manage to beat the boss and i cant really say much be the best way to beat him is with aether using her super form via admin tools mod you can repeatedly set your rings to 50 to transform and use her light spell
SWORD OF LIGHT SPAM INTENSIFIES

ALSO GROUNDED FORWARD SPELL SENDS YOU UPWARDS

Last edited:
Definitely the most fun I've had playing a mod in a good while. Awesome work to you and those who helped make it! It was very much worth the wait.

whenever you use ina's neutral shock it slightly upgrades both his speed and the height he gains from his homing attack. do it a couple of times and then homing attack the orbs at the edges of the arena and you can reach him no problem

You could do it the lamer way and use Aether's Up Spell and Sword Rain in conjunction. Makes the fight way easier. Course that only works if you're playing em via the duo option but eh

This mod is absolutely bonkers. I literally can't even express my feelings about it without treading into spoiler territory.
The only problem I have is I got softlocked in the infamous Deep Sea 2 spindash section. Both Ina and Aether can't get past this area, To my knowledge.

this mod is like sonic 06 its so broken that its funny(im not saying the mod is bad its outstanding)

Back