In the secret zone that unlocks once you get all 7 chaos emeralds, at the section that requires you to bounce off the blue springs, it's possible to jump and overshoot the springs as the gravity changes, resulting in you getting softlocked in this area as there is no death barrier placed:
srb20172.png

That aside, this mod was a blast to play through, and truly serves as a celebration of how far srb2 has come with the modding scene. Hope to see more mods of this quality in the future.

...So...he's back. With a friend.
And he finally got out of the wheelchair!

Base to base, this mod is insanely detailed and fun to play.
Bonus content could use some polish, but other than that I have zero complaints.

Ina's overpowered as I remember him being and Aether is extremely fun to spellspin. The spell menu is a bit scuffed though and holds her back significantly, so I'd recommend using the hotkeys.

Overall, the characters themselves are a 5 out of 5 and the bonus content is a 4 out of 5.

However, until the bonus is rebalanced, my final rating is a 4.

Everyone is saying Mindscape is too hard, but I think the level design is decently fair-
However, the LIFE COUNT is absolutely not. More (already rare) checkpoints than lives.
I'd highly recommend bumping it up to 5-10.
Also, might wanna advertise the 1-up to the right of the final checkpoint because it sounds like a lot of people are missing it.

I fought Facciolo twice because I wanted the picture and missed it the first time- so I've got a good strategy down.
To the right of the final checkpoint is a 1-up monitor that comes back after death, effectively giving you infinite lives...
Which you are very much going to need.
Aether is your best bet in Phase 1 by far- Arcane Rush and Speedwave are good for getting the necessary height and then spamming Sword Rain to get in damage.
She's also the more sensible attacker in phase 2, but if you're gonna rely on her be ready to swap a lot, because you're going to get hit (and separated from your rings) a LOT.
Contrary to popular belief, Inazuma can solo the Moonreaper- move towards him in arcs when he's using blade beams and when charged attacks are about to end. Once he's vulnerable, you should be able to get 3-4 hits in before he teleports.
Speed types with thok type moves will also benefit from this strategy in multiplayer.
Optimized, Inazuma does more damage than Aether, and even if not he can still end the fight in a somewhat reasonable amount of time.
It's also more fun to use him to fight- it feels like an actual Sonic boss.
Once the escape begins, wait for Ina's idle, and then hold spin to transform and enjoy the fireworks.
Holding spin also charges the mega blast.
srb20049.png

Good luck and have fun, because I sure did!

This mod is absolutely bonkers. I literally can't even express my feelings about it without treading into spoiler territory.
The only problem I have is I got softlocked in the infamous Deep Sea 2 spindash section. Both Ina and Aether can't get past this area, To my knowledge.
BRO R U KIDDING INA CAN BUST THE AMY WALL NEARBY JUST GO INTO NEURAL SHOCK
Post automatically merged:

so uhhhh
is it only accessible in gfz 1?

BRO R U KIDDING INA CAN BUST THE AMY WALL NEARBY JUST GO INTO NEURAL SHOCK
Post automatically merged:

so uhhhh
is it only accessible in gfz 1?
correct and incorrect

aether can blow up the wall with aura burst and ina can just put up his shield

and about the other thing, you only get 1 attempt a run, you gotta quit the run to get another attempt.

Oh yeah, I was too wrapped up talking about the big stuff and forgot I had two other opinions I wanted to mention,
both related to Ultimate Ina. First off, it'd be nice if there was a faster way to transform. I get why having to wait to idle is a thing, but I'd definitely appreciate a quicker means in singleplayer and maybe co-op. By doing the dance taunt and holding spin maybe?

Second, WHY CAN'T ULTIMATE INA BLAST THE MINECART DOORS TO SMITHEREENS?? You're telling me this is an ultimate form, made to be overpowered, with a super-strong beam attack, and he can't break a wooden door with it? He still has to do ACZ2 the normal way?? smh, smh. I'm of the opinion that every character should have some means of getting through those doors without needing to take the minecarts, but this feels especially egregious, all considered...

jokes aside, these are just minor nitpicks, not actual issues. I exaggerated the minecart door thing because funny. I still wanted to put the thoughts out there, either way. Having to sit still for a few seconds is a fair price to pay for blasting through the rest of the level with such powerful movement, and at least with RushChars on you can use the jetski to push through the doors.

Regardless, the characters are very fun to play, and that's what's most important.

So having beat the big secret once I have to say;

I wish I knew who all of the OCs were at the end, some of them look really cool but I only started playing SRB2 when 2.2 came out so I sadly have only the context from the ported ones...

I wanna talk about spoilers but dont' know how to get it into the box. I don't think I can explain some of my thoughts in just words alone.

There is. Before you complete Mindscape Zone, forcing the map with the map command (if my experience on the release server is anything to go by) kicks you out. After completing it however, you can then go back into the map with the map command and it will not kick you out.
So do you have to beat the game after beating mindscape to get this? cus I tried just warping to mindscape with the dev console and dying and all that got me was warping to the next level like I did before I beat it, it also removed all my emeralds until I relaunched the game.

I wish I knew who all of the OCs were at the end, some of them look really cool but I only started playing SRB2 when 2.2 came out so I sadly have only the context from the ported ones...
uhh i think TEAM KINETIC, GEMMA, FLARE & RYDER, DERP, TEMPEST THE AXOLOTL (OMG MILNE LOOKS MENACING BAJEEZUS) STEPH CHARS (including the kart ones),HINOTE, FLAME, WILLO, PIROLI, (the guy who says "HI, MA" to aether i forgot his name) *inhales* and thats all i can recognize

STOP BEGGING ME ON HOW TO GET INAZUMA'S SECRET FORM ON THE SRB2 SERVER'S so ima tell you just press alt+f4

so uhh do i need 50 rings or time bonus for the thingie
also can you activate it again after getting the ending

Last edited:
The more I play this, the more fascinated I become! The wait for this mod was absolutely worth it!

One thing I want to say about Mindscape Zone. Like others, I feel the level's very punishing. Giving you only 3 lives in such a long level doesn't really feel great.
Since the level was made with Inazuma specifically in mind (why wouldn't it, it's specifically lore and story related to him and stuff), I actually think the level's well designed, in that aspect!

However... I learnt that there's dialogue for plenty of other characters! From Official characters, OCs and even from other franchises, everyone with their own portraits to boot! I know that in order to access the level as said characters, you do have to warp into the level as them in some way, which is of course anything but natural.
I didn't really wanna peek into the mod's code in order to read them all, especially since seeing them play out is just so good in itself. I love seeing how characters talk back and exchange dialogue in general, as well as seeing the use of everyone's portraits!
With that in mind... The more I try to get to the boss, the more I find it a shame that the level cannot be feasibly completed by every character without cheating-- having Tails as a Bot or activating objectplace specifically. Lack of Super Form makes running on water impossible, properly interacting with the spheres in the level is a hassle and some characters just can't do it... Etc, etc.
Some parts of the level feel, weirdly enough, simple enough to actually go through with said characters! and it's honestly a shame that, in order to see all this effort without looking through the code, I have to cheat.
If at one point there was a version of the level that was relatively more standard so that characters could actually get to the boss (Maybe even give them an edge via platforms in the first phase, for example, to be able to fight Fiaccolo), then I'd absolutely love to play it! Playing this level more makes me get better at it, but I can't properly do that when I run into the next impossible roadblock.

I was able to play Silverhorn characters. first time I use it was for tutorial it then it takes me to castle level after completing tutorial those characters are amazing it was worth couple years of wait.

I also kindaaaa wish I knew what 2.1 and prior era mods that the custom dialogue for non-inazuma characters was referencing but again this is my fault for getting in so late, feels like the time I jumped into archie almost before it ended.

i get that some parts of the mod are not that good mostly that unfair boss but just to call it "lame" Soniczuki

Back