This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Bluetorch

Bluetorch submitted a new resource:

Pizza Tower Lap Mechanic - This level is so good, I'd like to play it a second time!

This is an addon that tries to recreate the lap 2 portal from pizza tower. It also includes a map for you to test on. (MAP01: Greenflower)

MAINCFG Set Up:
Level 1
Levelname = Greenflower
Act = 1
Keywords = GFZ1
Music = GFZ1
TypeOfLevel = Singleplayer,Co-op,Competition,Race
NextLevel = 2
SkyNum = 1
RecordAttack = true
LevelSelect = 2
SaveGame = true
NoVisitNeeded = true
SkyboxScale = 64
FlickyList =...

Read more about this resource...

if you can (idk what limitations are on srb2 modding) but when the timer runs out instead of dying you could have metal sonic chase after you or something like that

if you can (idk what limitations are on srb2 modding) but when the timer runs out instead of dying you could have metal sonic chase after you or something like that
I don't think I'd be able to. Though it would be a great idea. Also in the new version, instead of you just being instantly dead. Your rings will drain. (Amount in the update log.)

very fun

Attachments

• srb20015.png
    srb20015.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 221
1686875043397.png
31 laps ran in Greenflower Zone 1. Beat that. (On another note, I have the entirety of The Death That I Deservioli etched into my brain.)

a few things i'd suggest:
  • include a few more maps to lap in with the mod, i get it's intended to be just a normal asset but like who is actually gonna boot up zb and put a single object in gfz2 (answer: idk like two people i know including myself)
  • multiplayer support, i'm not exactly the best at lua coding so it could be as easy as making a sonic clone or as hard as making samus from scratch but i wouldn't know in a million years
  • more music/music options, i mean obviously custom levels can have custom music (which is also very cool) but it would be fun if you would include the lap 1 music or even that one fanmade lap 3 music everyone uses for lap 3
    (also, could also include music "sets" (such as sugary sprire music) would be pretty epic too, i personally prefer pizza tower's lap music but that's just me)
  • idk maybe some visual improvements like adding the "its pizza time" sign or even some lap signs (mostly for specific laps like lap 1, lap 2, or lap 3?)
(all of these are basically just ideas and don't make this unplayable GRR 0/10 BAD MOD NO SUGARY SPIRE MUSIC 😡😡)
even without these, however, this mod is a very good mod still one of my personal favorites (the 200 pizza time gamemode mods will never compare to this one) :)
correct me if i'm wrong on literally anything!

a few things i'd suggest:
  • include a few more maps to lap in with the mod, i get it's intended to be just a normal asset but like who is actually gonna boot up zb and put a single object in gfz2 (answer: idk like two people i know including myself)
  • multiplayer support, i'm not exactly the best at lua coding so it could be as easy as making a sonic clone or as hard as making samus from scratch but i wouldn't know in a million years
  • more music/music options, i mean obviously custom levels can have custom music (which is also very cool) but it would be fun if you would include the lap 1 music or even that one fanmade lap 3 music everyone uses for lap 3
    (also, could also include music "sets" (such as sugary sprire music) would be pretty epic too, i personally prefer pizza tower's lap music but that's just me)
  • idk maybe some visual improvements like adding the "its pizza time" sign or even some lap signs (mostly for specific laps like lap 1, lap 2, or lap 3?)
(all of these are basically just ideas and don't make this unplayable GRR 0/10 BAD MOD NO SUGARY SPIRE MUSIC 😡😡)
even without these, however, this mod is a very good mod still one of my personal favorites (the 200 pizza time gamemode mods will never compare to this one) :)
correct me if i'm wrong on literally anything!
Sorry for taking a while to respond. I ran out of ideas for mods for SRB2 and worked on other things (Rivals of Aether, Sonic 1 Forever, Sonic 2 Absolute.).
About multiplayer, I've got no clue how to do that, nor think that it would be even possible. (The Pizza Portal would just be removed if you tried to play a map with it.) During the development of this mod. I was working on SRB2 Lapped. (I think you know what it means.) I might release it, though it would be unfinished. I'll try to add more music options and try to make music more customizable. Other than that, Thank you for the kind words!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back