Official Level Design Collab 2023: Round 1

Official Level Design Collab 2023: Round 1 1.5

So far this OLDC is rocking! One thing I wanted to ask about though is a weird easter egg I found on Blossom Breeze zone that scared me sh*tless.

During the section in a cave with a big hollow tree in the middle, if you keep falling in the pit you'll eventually be greeted with quick split second flashes of PNG memes lol. I thought I was hallucinating at first but nope, they're there. So far, I've managed to see three unique ones but I'm sure there's more.

I think its worth mentioning that Chrispychars can not be loaded along with this mod for whathever reason

1694722977783.png
I literally forgot to mention this yesterday, but to the person who made Pseudo Meadow Match Zone, you should double check your spawner points. As no vanilla character can get out of here.

I can see this hasn't been posted on the overview page yet, but you can add full names to the OLDC Hub Character Select! or what's viewed in the background of said select (eg: Sonic -> "Sonic The Hedgehog", or Fang -> "Fang The Sniper")
of course it requires a bit of code, so I'll try to explain it?

The main thing is to check for the OLDC variable, and then use the variable function! OLDC.SetSkinFullName("exampleskin", "fullname")
how you go about making sure it only happens if the skin's OLDC fullname isn't already set, that's up to you

I tried to play the mod, but it all kept falling apart.

A good majority of the maps are made in UDMF, and for some reason, they kept breaking in some nasty ways. This meant I could not play barely any levels beacuse A. They couldn't load or B. They broke on load.

What can in do????

I tried to play the mod, but it all kept falling apart.

A good majority of the maps are made in UDMF, and for some reason, they kept breaking in some nasty ways. This meant I could not play barely any levels beacuse A. They couldn't load or B. They broke on load.

What can in do????
What version are you on?

Man, I don't know if it's the Android port or not but I think the game was a little broken after I downloaded the update.

Attachments

• srb20011.png
    srb20011.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 90
  • srb20010.png
    srb20010.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 92
  • srb20007.gif
    srb20007.gif
    406.3 KB · Views: 81
  • srb20009.png
    srb20009.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 91
  • srb20006.gif
    srb20006.gif
    1,023.7 KB · Views: 102
Man, I don't know if it's the Android port or not but I think the game was a little broken after I downloaded the update.
Could be Android being broken again, everything in the hub works on PC save for very minor 'software being software' artifacts. The PC build is the only one that is guaranteed to be fully functional all the time.

Sunset Skyscapers' fifth emblem was accidentally placed inside a solid FOF and cannot be obtained.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-15 195039.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-15 195039.png
    664.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot 2023-09-15 195113.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-15 195113.png
    450.3 KB · Views: 82
This has been an issue across every roundup, but any level portals too far from spawn will always refuse to work until you get close enough to spawn, at which point it'll open the confirmation menu of the [edit: first, not last] portal touched. I have no idea if this bug is exclusive to Android in some way, but it's been annoying to deal with.

I bring it up here especially because the warp points have also been affected, although weirdly: they'll normally work fine regardless of distance, but while a level menu is trying and failing to load, the warp points fail to read any inputs despite successfully printing the control prompt.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back