You'll probably find yourself disappointed. Never have any expectations when it comes to a mod's release date. It's done When It's Done™️.
I'll gladly eat my shoe if I turn out to be wrong here, but I think my stomach will be saved this Christmas.
I have a feeling it'll probably come at Christmas.
"I hope it's not long before v6 is my favorite mod since 2.1"

Let's be real, this is gonna take a lonnnnnggg time
uno de ustedes tiene la v3.1 de Modern Sonic?

You'll probably find yourself disappointed. Never have any expectations when it comes to a mod's release date. It's done When It's Done™️.
I'll gladly eat my shoe if I turn out to be wrong here, but I think my stomach will be saved this Christmas.
It was only a gut feeling but thanks for telling me.

So when Modern Sonic boosts the screen is supposed to overlay all these speed lines but it ALWAYS glitches out every time I use it and I wish I could just turn the effect off. Has anyone else noticed what I'm talking about? Like it looks like the speed lines are misaligned, as though the screen's edges are appearing right down the middle of the screen. Does anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• srb20007.gif
    srb20007.gif
    5.2 MB · Views: 133
So when Modern Sonic boosts the screen is supposed to overlay all these speed lines but it ALWAYS glitches out every time I use it and I wish I could just turn the effect off. Has anyone else noticed what I'm talking about? Like it looks like the speed lines are misaligned, as though the screen's edges are appearing right down the middle of the screen. Does anyone have any ideas?
Speedlines misalign at unstable resolutions currently, with it now fixed in (a currently unreleased) v6 due to it being animated generically.

v6 comes out whenever it does, don't know, don't care.

Last edited:
Cool. I'll just delete Modern til then
Delete the mod? Over something as small as that? v6 isn't going to come out for a long while, so if you're seriously planning on waiting it out just to get some better speed lines then be my guest, but you're better just toughing it out and dealing with them because it's really not that big an issue.

Uh yeah, I hate having weird graphical effects flash all over the screen when I'm trying to play. It looks like crap and It ruins the whole experience. There are plenty of other mods to play with in the meantime that don't blast me in the face with an obnoxious, misaligned screen overlay every single time I press a button. Sorry that bothers you but that's why I was asking if there was a way to turn it off.

Uh yeah, I hate having weird graphical effects flash all over the screen when I'm trying to play. It looks like crap and It ruins the whole experience. There are plenty of other mods to play with in the meantime that don't blast me in the face with an obnoxious, misaligned screen overlay every single time I press a button. Sorry that bothers you but that's why I was asking if there was a way to turn it off.
Okay, sure. I can't judge you for your standards or preferences, and you could easily be more sensitive to that sort of thing than other people. Nothing we can do about that. It's definitely something that's overlooked (though not ignored) by basically everyone else who plays this character, or else there would be more complaints about it. That doesn't seem much like an option for you individually though.

there is a mod that removes the speedlines for modern but im not sure if i should share it here i forgot who made it i just got it off the discord server a long time ago.

I appreciate it, no worries though. I'm a patient man and it really isn't the end of the world to wait. The thing is, I make videos and the screen effect is jarring for the people I show it to who don't understand the issues projects like this face. When I do a video with Modern I want to put him in the best possible light, so I'm willing to wait until the conditions are satisfactory, that's all. Thanks for replying to this thread though, and happy Halloween 🕸️🎃🕷️👽 👻 🧛🧟🦸🦹🧙🧞🥷

Hey, just wondering (not rushing) how long have you guys been working on this mod? Do you have any idea as to when it will be released? Do you think it will be before 2025 (not kidding, just asking)? By the way, HUGE fan of your mod!

Hey, just wondering (not rushing) how long have you guys been working on this mod? Do you have any idea as to when it will be released? Do you think it will be before 2025 (not kidding, just asking)? By the way, HUGE fan of your mod!

Soon ™️

Does anybody know if there is some way to get the old versions of this mod?
Just asking

Hello. To remove the speed-lines, open the pk3 in SLADE, navigate to Lua\HUD.lua, and comment out line 68 ( hud.add(modernboostlines) ) by adding -- to the front of it. Save the edit to the lua file then save the pk3 and you should be good to go.

Dang it. I don't have access to a computer or I would totally do that. If I ever manage to get ahold of one I will take your advice. Thanks for the effort

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 2, Guests: 4)

Back