Status
Not open for further replies.
the bounce ability is a good addition, but mecha just kinda feels... sluggish now. I don't think he should be entirely reliant on his spin... but if you insist on it, then make his spin accelerate faster to make up for its heavy momentum. He just feel overall too slow now, and, if you ask me, I think he should be a bit more normal overall in terms of handling. The boost hover is fun and unique enough for me

the bounce ability is a good addition, but mecha just kinda feels... sluggish now. I don't think he should be entirely reliant on his spin... but if you insist on it, then make his spin accelerate faster to make up for its heavy momentum. He just feel overall too slow now, and, if you ask me, I think he should be a bit more normal overall in terms of handling. The boost hover is fun and unique enough for me
His abilities are not complete, we plan to add more around his base character-style. Most of his abilities look the way they do because his current sprites are simply placeholders.

If any of you have experience in spriting, we would love your help trying to get the new sprites finished! You can contact CANINE on Discord (#3432) if you'd like to help.

Updated. Welcome, Blurzapper!

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

To be extra clear: The new sprites are NOT in yet. They're still being worked on, that's just a preview.

I like the changes to the bounce and hover, but... I don't know, I feel like the drop dash just doesn't belong here. For one thing, it's clunky to have two moves mapped to spin. Plus, I can just use the hover if I want to gain speed quickly, or even just start rolling, given that the acceleration when rolling is already increased. I don't see the point of Mecha having the drop dash, and honestly, I feel like he'd be better without it.

I think you really got his playstyle down this time. No complaints in that area. Excited to see the sprite revamp eventually.

Am I doing something wrong? The drop dash always goes at about the same speed as a half charged spin dash.

Last edited:
hey good work with the mod, although if i would like the sprites to be more elaborate, after all it is well done in general

This wad is really good, I like that it has new abilities. But I would suggest to take out the drop dash and give him like a big stomp that makes him crash to the floor and hurt enemies that are near him. Maybe when he does this he can bounce two times. Instead of the drop dash he could have his own abilities. The drop dash is not bad but it doesn't feel like Mecha Sonic in my opinion.

unknown.png

Here's an image of the updated sprite as of today. Keep in mind we're still working on it.

Also for the next release, the Drop Dash has been removed but you no longer immediately uncurl from a hover.

WOW that sprite is awesome! This character will be really good.
EDIT: Also shouldn't the right shoe be lighter and the left one darker?

Last edited:
unknown.png

Here's an image of the updated sprite as of today. Keep in mind we're still working on it.

Also for the next release, the Drop Dash has been removed but you no longer immediately uncurl from a hover.

THAT LOOKS AMAZING CANT WAIT FOR THE RESPRITE! (Rip The DropDash Tho)

I like his moveset. I like how it centers in power, but has speed too. Right now [other than the sprites] the only thing that I think should be changed is that the bounce should make you bounce higher on springs, like Amy's Twinspin. Oh, and the super theme doesn't loop properly. Everything else looks pretty good. And the new sprite looks amazing.

unknown.png

Wait, the drop dash is removed? But that worked so well with the boost hover, and reflected his moveset in S3K! Look, I hate to keep nitpicking your wad like this, but i really think you should reconsider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back