Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:
Hello all! I have some unfortunate news. Our current spriter has resigned from their position and all work of Mecha Sonic has been stowed to a halt. I was thinking about bringing an end to the project and cancelling it since I have no spriting skills. However, if you are interested.... you can directly message me on Discord @ CANINE#3432 and inquire about becoming our spriter! I don't really want to ask or beg for a spriter, but we really do not have any choice at this point. This is just in hopes that we can continue progress on this project.

I have been really hesitant to post this... but I've just been at such a loss for options here.
I am really sorry for you about it... (even more because I cannot make sprites).

Let's hope that someday someone would be able to make a "true 2.2-styled" Mecha Sonic.

Oh geez, that sucks to hear... Mecha is, hands down, my favorite character so far, so its a shame to see he might not get the spritework he deserves. I'll reply to bump this back up to the top of the forum, really hope someone out there's willing to help.

Menacing_marsh on twitter is working on a Mecha Sonic for kart, perhaps he might be willing to help with the new sprites? They look really good!

hi all! sorry for the lack of updates..... we're trying our best! however, we would like to hear from all of you on mecha's moveset. if you are feeling down to it, fill out this form below!

and by the way, thanks to all of you who have been patiently waiting, its really difficult to get this stuff put out, and it makes me happy to see people excited for the release of this character, i appreciate each and every one of you.

The main issue with Mecha is that he was made as a boss in mind, not a playable character, that's why it's hard to implement a proper moveset (unlike Metal which is closer to Sonic despite its lightning dash and his reflector)

His moveset plays pretty well as is, tbh

Regardless, I've been following this character's development for a good long time now, I genuinely think it'll be worth the time spent when it's finally done with.

It's late, but he plays pretty fine as is, with the only thing I can suggest being to shorten his hitbox whenever he curls up, as otherwise, certain custom level packs that require that all characters curl up to get under gaps, like 06, cannot be completed at all due to how big he is. Other than that, I feel like the only thing missing is his sprites.

It's late, but he plays pretty fine as is, with the only thing I can suggest being to shorten his hitbox whenever he curls up, as otherwise, certain custom level packs that require that all characters curl up to get under gaps, like 06, cannot be completed at all due to how big he is. Other than that, I feel like the only thing missing is his sprites.
Typically if it's not possible to get through via spindash, there's a floor-breaking path because of Amy and Fang.
(of course, I haven't actually played the 06 map so I don't know if it follows that convention)

En mi opinión lo único que me gustaría cambiar son los sprites ya que los movimientos están bien para ser un personaje equilibrado en el juego, aunque no niego que sería maravilloso poder usar las habilidades demostradas en el jefe. de sonic 3 y nudillos
Post automatically merged:

In my opinion the only thing that I would like to change are the sprites since the movements are fine to be a balanced character in the game, although I do not deny that it would be wonderful to be able to use the skills demonstrated in the boss of sonic 3 and knuckles

Typically if it's not possible to get through via spindash, there's a floor-breaking path because of Amy and Fang.
(of course, I haven't actually played the 06 map so I don't know if it follows that convention)
It doesn't have the bustable floor route, there are some sections in stages (Specifically White Acropolis and the volcano one) that use those speed boosters that put none-spinning characters in spin states. Mecha can't fit through.

En mi opinión lo único que me gustaría cambiar son los sprites ya que los movimientos están bien para ser un personaje equilibrado en el juego, aunque no niego que sería maravilloso poder usar las habilidades demostradas en el jefe. de sonic 3 y nudillos
Post automatically merged:

In my opinion the only thing that I would like to change are the sprites since the movements are fine to be a balanced character in the game, although I do not deny that it would be wonderful to be able to use the skills demonstrated in the boss of sonic 3 and knuckles

If the sprites bother you, fret not. There is a very nice model available for him in Manuel's Model pack.

If the sprites bother you, fret not. There is a very nice model available for him in Manuel's Model pack.

Having a model is cool and, to be fair, it is a REALLY good model, the sprites being completed is was a lot of people are waiting on.

Having a model is cool and, to be fair, it is a REALLY good model, the sprites being completed is was a lot of people are waiting on.
I second this. I prefer playing with sprites because, imo, they require more work than 3D models (Not dissing on modelers btw, I just think Spriters put in about 5 times more work)

sorry for the silence and lack of updates... our spriter has been pretty busy with their own business, but rest assured, the project is still in progress!

thanks for waiting around, everybody :sadthumbsup:

sorry for the silence and lack of updates... our spriter has been pretty busy with their own business, but rest assured, the project is still in progress!

That's great, also take all the time you need with this stuff, people have lives, just happy that it won't be canceled, good luck to you and all the other people who are making this addon possible.

Hey you guys take your time, These things aren’t easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back