Kaldrum's 3D Models

Kaldrum's 3D Models v4.0 - it's-a-him!

ok so recently, the SPEL object is named that because it's linked to Sonic.
so when I found out amy had one in that same online mod, I put APEL and it works!
Kaldrum, if you're looking at this, you're welcome
Post automatically merged:

Yes i have. I added the commands correctly. I compressed the models that had kldr and kdbonus in it along with the models.dat file. And then the models appeared broken. Here's an image if you want proof
maybe you forgot to added the textures for the models
cuz if it's like that, it's probably just the md3 and the blend files

knux with a peelout 🤔

srb20017.gif

this is uh
neon knuckles from neo-style chars on the workshop i think

if you made a model for it that would be great, but at the same time you could just copy and paste sonic's peel and rename the file

Hey. Really cool mod, but can you make models or support the CrispyChars mod? (It's the one with pointy sonic and fluffy tails) If yes then I hope you're gonna do a great job. Peace!

i have a (not) small problem with the models
whenever i enter sonic's dashmode (any peelout that's the same as max control's) the game immediately crashes
and whenever i enter boss fights (the second eggman loads the game crashes)

also fang doesn't work i think it's the thing jeck jims said about fang not working if SRB2 first opens in software

i have a (not) small problem with the models
whenever i enter sonic's dashmode (any peelout that's the same as max control's) the game immediately crashes
and whenever i enter boss fights (the second eggman loads the game crashes)

also fang doesn't work i think it's the thing jeck jims said about fang not working if SRB2 first opens in software
Is this like a mobile prerelease thing? That's bizarre I genuinely have no idea but it's more than likely it's not a my model pack problem and rather the game itself just because crashing is involved. I know for sure the fang thing is a mobile problem (or starting from software, which is avoidable by always opening in opengl) from last time I checked, but I haven't seen the other stuff. Maybe try with other model packs and without and consider a bug report if it's consistent, otherwise no idea, sorry.

Is this like a mobile prerelease thing? That's bizarre I genuinely have no idea but it's more than likely it's not a my model pack problem and rather the game itself just because crashing is involved. I know for sure the fang thing is a mobile problem (or starting from software, which is avoidable by always opening in opengl) from last time I checked, but I haven't seen the other stuff. Maybe try with other model packs and without and consider a bug report if it's consistent, otherwise no idea, sorry.
ye im on android 2.2.11 port so uh bug reports are gonna be useless
all of these model problems started when i updated to 2.2.11, fang was fine, eggman worked, my storage was dead, i had like 7291917272 models active at once, i didnt need modelpacks, srb2 recognized it immediently

everything went downhill when i updated is what I'm trying to say

ye im on android 2.2.11 port so uh bug reports are gonna be useless
all of these model problems started when i updated to 2.2.11, fang was fine, eggman worked, my storage was dead, i had like 7291917272 models active at once, i didnt need modelpacks, srb2 recognized it immediently

everything went downhill when i updated is what I'm trying to say
can confirm that paper peelout crashes my 2.2.11 game too and fang doesn't work though is the paper peelout thing exclusive to my pack? I feel like it isn't but some testing would be good. Also, eggman seems to work fine from what I can tell, so I'm not entirely sure whats causing that.
I do agree though, the new modelpacks system has a lot of problems, I hope they revert the behavior at some point of streamline it in some way.
also I'm pretty sure the unofficial android port has a bug report page

can confirm that paper peelout crashes my 2.2.11 game too and fang doesn't work though is the paper peelout thing exclusive to my pack? I feel like it isn't but some testing would be good. Also, eggman seems to work fine from what I can tell, so I'm not entirely sure whats causing that.
I do agree though, the new modelpacks system has a lot of problems, I hope they revert the behavior at some point of streamline it in some way.
also I'm pretty sure the unofficial android port has a bug report page
turns out the reason why a bunch of models weren't working/crashed the game was because I extracted every folder from KDLR and KDBONUS
I put those folders back into their respective roots and eggman and mcpack and hesse and your goofy ahh eggrobo work
i didn't test fang yet, gonna edit this post when i do
peelout still crashes the game for some reason

fang still don't work
srb20019.png

Last edited:
turns out the reason why a bunch of models weren't working/crashed the game was because I extracted every folder from KDLR and KDBONUS
I put those folders back into their respective roots and eggman and mcpack and hesse and your goofy ahh eggrobo work
i didn't test fang yet, gonna edit this post when i do
peelout still crashes the game for some reason

fang still don't workView attachment 98693
I think the fang issue is just a mobile problem at the moment. no idea about the peelout still. Glad you got the other stuff working tho

I think the fang issue is just a mobile problem at the moment. no idea about the peelout still. Glad you got the other stuff working tho
idk about your peelout anymore, when i switch to peppermint's the peelout works fine

idk about your peelout anymore, when i switch to peppermint's the peelout works fine
I think i figured it out. The line i provided in the install instructions has a typo, it says KLDR/MCPACK/NONE.md3, which isnt actually a real file, so you just need to change the MCPACK on the line to OTHER, where the NONE.md3 file actually is. Sorry about that! It'll be fixed in the next update. Still not sure why it causes a crash though, that doesnt happen in vanilla.

(tldr change your PEEL line to "PEEL KLDR/OTHER/NONE.md3 2.7 0.0")

I think i figured it out. The line i provided in the install instructions has a typo, it says KLDR/MCPACK/NONE.md3, which isnt actually a real file, so you just need to change the MCPACK on the line to OTHER, where the NONE.md3 file actually is. Sorry about that! It'll be fixed in the next update. Still not sure why it causes a crash though, that doesnt happen in vanilla.

(tldr change your PEEL line to "PEEL KLDR/OTHER/NONE.md3 2.7 0.0")
:0
lemme see if it works

LETS GOOOOO

srb20001.gif

also i think it causes a crash because since it can't find the file, the game doesn't know what to do because the file that it's trying to load doesn't exist, so the game crashes

Last edited:
So i managed to get the models work (maybe all execpt sonic). Heres some images

edit: i've finally done it. I've got the models working in the game. Thanks for your help, Kaldrum!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230908_070751_Sonic Robo Blast 2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230908_070751_Sonic Robo Blast 2.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20230908_070808_Sonic Robo Blast 2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230908_070808_Sonic Robo Blast 2.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20230908_070823_Sonic Robo Blast 2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230908_070823_Sonic Robo Blast 2.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20230908_070847_Pocket Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20230908_070847_Pocket Editor.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
So i managed to get the models work (maybe all execpt sonic). Heres some images

edit: i've finally done it. I've got the models working in the game. Thanks for your help, Kaldrum!
why do the screenshots make the models look so smooth

Back