Kaldrum's 3D Models

Kaldrum's 3D Models v4.0 - it's-a-him!

for months I mixed up kaldrum metal with Jim's metal, I feel so dumb now

I can't get the models to show up. Everything's still sprites.
I followed all the instructions in the instructions file, but I just cant figure out whats wrong.
I even tried moving the vanilla models folder to somewhere else on my PC, but nothing changed.
(I moved it back later so I didnt lose it)

To clarify, do you have the following:
1. All models.dat lines copied and pasted
2. All model folders in the root in the models folder (the folders inside KDLR and KDBONUS should not have been extracted.
3. OpenGL renderer on
and finally, the Models option on
I followed all the instructions in the instructions file, but I just cant figure out whats wrong.
I even tried moving the vanilla models folder to somewhere else on my PC, but nothing changed.
Jeck Jim's models may override Kaldrum's, so keep that in mind. If Jim's does override, delete the models.dat lines for the vanilla cast so Kaldrum's lines can activate.

pretty much what junioCD said. Based on your problem (with nothing showing up) it seems like it could possibly be a folder location issue, as long as you haven't modified the lines from the instructions. just to be sure, the filepath for the main models folder should look like "SRB2 v2.2/models/KLDR", which would put it next to the default PLAY, BOSS, ENMY, etc. folders. As long as the KLDR folder is there the models.dat lines should work as intended, so just make sure everything is in the right spot (you don't need to uninstall jeck jims' stuff to get my pack to work). If that doesn't work let me know

To clarify, do you have the following:
1. All models.dat lines copied and pasted
2. All model folders in the root in the models folder (the folders inside KDLR and KDBONUS should not have been extracted.
3. OpenGL renderer on
and finally, the Models option on

Jeck Jim's models may override Kaldrum's, so keep that in mind. If Jim's does override, delete the models.dat lines for the vanilla cast so Kaldrum's lines can activate.
Switched to OpenGL and turned on models and that worked but now rings are massive...
srb20001.png

Check the size of the rings, it should be 3.0 0.0.
If 3 is replaced with a larger number, that's why.
Is that an ingame option or is that something i change in models.dat?
just cause ive never seen it ingame

Edit: I checked models.dat and RING has a value of 3.0 0.0 like you say it should

Edit2: Changed it to 1.0 0.0 and it looks about right now

Last edited:

Edit: I checked models.dat and RING has a value of 3.0 0.0 like you say it should

Alright, any other problems?

one other thing but those crawlas look too big as well. Are they from jeck jims' pack or somewhere else? If somewhere else you might wanna find the models.dat for that pack and correct the sizes of other models

one other thing but those crawlas look too big as well. Are they from jeck jims' pack or somewhere else? If somewhere else you might wanna find the models.dat for that pack and correct the sizes of other models
Actually, after some looking around, every model is too big. and no, i only have your models.

Edit: also emeralds are broken
srb20007.png

Last edited:
Actually, after some looking around, every model is too big. and no, i only have your models.

Edit: also emeralds are brokenView attachment 96144
This might be a problem with the Models folder itself, but the size problem definitely has to deal with models.dat.
You said 1.0 0.0 makes rings look normal, so try changing oversized models to that number.
About emeralds, it actually might have a problem with how models.dat deals with models and how to construct a model and animate it (md3 files).
Make sure the md3 files are actually there, and that the models.dat lines are constructed properly.

Edit: also emeralds are brokenView attachment 96144
You do have other models, though im assuming theyre just the jeck jims' ones installed by default. It seems like you're using either outdated jeck jims models somehow or its a different pack. Maybe try reinstalling jeck jims' models for the objects outside of my pack? That might be a bit of a hassle though. What i would suggest is using the models.dat given to you in jeck jims' pack then copying over the lines for my pack to replace the existing. Then your other models should be up to date and the correct size and youll still have the ones from mine installed.

You do have other models, though im assuming theyre just the jeck jims' ones installed by default. It seems like you're using either outdated jeck jims models somehow or its a different pack. Maybe try reinstalling jeck jims' models for the objects outside of my pack? That might be a bit of a hassle though. What i would suggest is using the models.dat given to you in jeck jims' pack then copying over the lines for my pack to replace the existing. Then your other models should be up to date and the correct size and youll still have the ones from mine installed.
Yep, was as simple as reinstalling Jim's Models and replacing the models in models.dat and everything seems to be fixed.
Thanks!

help my brain's to small to understand how to get rid of the peelout animation overlapping for the max control pack. Can anyone help me?

This is a DOPE Model Pack. It may not be Low-Poly enough to resemble the Saturn/PS1/N64 Era Models, but these Dreamcast-inspired (at least that's my opinion on what they resemble) still look p good! Keep up the GOATED work.

Yooo, Kaldrum! these models are so good!
I love how much love and care these took into!
the inspriations by those animations are clearly represented in this pack!
Nice job, dude!
(P.S: I met you in SRB2EX, I was Flawless.MPEG)

help my brain's to small to understand how to get rid of the peelout animation overlapping for the max control pack. Can anyone help me?
Just add the line:
PEEL KLDR/OTHER/NONE.md3 2.7 0.0
and it shouldn't show up ingame. In general if you don't want something to show up with a sprite or model you can use that and it'll be invisible

This is a DOPE Model Pack. It may not be Low-Poly enough to resemble the Saturn/PS1/N64 Era Models, but these Dreamcast-inspired (at least that's my opinion on what they resemble) still look p good! Keep up the GOATED work.
Yooo, Kaldrum! these models are so good!
I love how much love and care these took into!
the inspriations by those animations are clearly represented in this pack!
Nice job, dude!
(P.S: I met you in SRB2EX, I was Flawless.MPEG)
Thank you both! I really appreciate it. (That's cool, I've definitely seen you a few times its nice to tie the two names together)

So i pretty much did everything the instructions said for my android but the textures broke. Anyone help?
P.S. i used a zip

Back