This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Cyron

Waddle Dee Enthusiast
Do you like Sonic Jam? Think it looks cool? Want Sonic Robo Blast 2 to be just as slow? No? Well, unfortunately, I'm here with my first mod, Jammin'! A Sonic Jam Mod.

Whats in the mod?
  • A new, stylish, HUD based off of Sonic Jam on the SEGA Saturn
  • A variety of lower quality sfx to match that Saturn aesthetic
  • and....
Character changes!
  • Everyone is slower, to play more akin to Sonic Jam
  • This also includes the spindash, which is practically worthless!
  • Jump height increased across the board to match up with Sonic Jam
  • Sonic loses the speed thok for a double jump
  • Amy Rose gains insane jump height that rivals Sonic's new ability
  • Trust me, there is a reason for those changes

There are two versions:
The Full Experience (V_Jammin-v1.1.pk3)
The HUD Standalone (V_JamminHUD-v1.1.pk3)

Changelog
  • 1.1 - Adjusted Time and Rings to match with Score
  • 1.0 - Original Release

Attachments

• srb20021.jpg
    srb20021.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 3,971
  • srb20176.gif
    srb20176.gif
    6.3 MB · Views: 2,543
  • srb20177.gif
    srb20177.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,914
  • srb20179.gif
    srb20179.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 1,465
  • V_Jammin-v1.1.pk3
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,812
  • V_JamminHUD-v1.1.pk3
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,590
  • srb20023.png
    srb20023.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,400
Last edited:
Welcome to releases! However, I suggest updating the mods to support other HUD options like semi seconds, as it doesn't really look right...

Attachments

• srb20137.png
    srb20137.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 783
Quick update to 1.1, changes Time and Rings to match up with Score
This way it works with other HUD options.

Just played through this as Knuckles and had a really good time! The most challenging part was the Metal Sonic race, but I got through it on my third attempt. Good stuff!

Is it possible to win the Metal Sonic race as Sonic with this mod? I feel like I perform perfectly and I still run out of air at the final stretch because Sonic is so slow now. An extra speed monitor somewhere beforehand might help.

Is it possible to win the Metal Sonic race as Sonic with this mod? I feel like I perform perfectly and I still run out of air at the final stretch because Sonic is so slow now. An extra speed monitor somewhere beforehand might help.

While extremely difficult, it's actually possible to beat Black Core Zone 1 as Sonic. I'd advise using his high jump height and double jump to take every shortcut you can. If you want a video of how I've done it, you can watch here: https://streamable.com/hsdsv

Cyron actually made an updated version which buffed the spindash, not sure if that would make black core easier though.

I just beat BCZ1 with Sonic without Metal even getting to the final stretch. I'm not sure what's so difficult about it?

While extremely difficult, it's actually possible to beat Black Core Zone 1 as Sonic. I'd advise using his high jump height and double jump to take every shortcut you can. If you want a video of how I've done it, you can watch here: https://streamable.com/hsdsv
I did take those shortcuts, but I've never tried using the double jump and Spin Dash to make Sonic go faster. Thanks for the video!

I hope this can be updated to the latest version of SRB2, As I couldn't run this with the latest version due to the mod being for a outdated version. (The current version at the moment is 2.2.8)

Just came on here to say this is one of the best mods I've played thanks to the change of pace; not Sonic Thoking everywhere and just running around was pretty good.

Also, thank you PencilVoid for your video. I thought that stage was incompletable until I learnt the ways of actually using the spindash for once and cheating by double jumping everywhere.

EDIT:
Black Core Zone 1 seems to be possible with all characters except Fang since he's just way too slow and his spring jump takes a while to use. Amy is also super hard but I got a 1:34.71 with her. There's just almost no room for error.

Last edited:
Do you like Sonic Jam? Think it looks cool? Want Sonic Robo Blast 2 to be just as slow? No? Well, unfortunately, I'm here with my first mod, Jammin'! A Sonic Jam Mod.

Whats in the mod?
  • A new, stylish, HUD based off of Sonic Jam on the SEGA Saturn
  • A variety of lower quality sfx to match that Saturn aesthetic
  • and....
Character changes!
  • Everyone is slower, to play more akin to Sonic Jam
  • This also includes the spindash, which is practically worthless!
  • Jump height increased across the board to match up with Sonic Jam
  • Sonic loses the speed thok for a double jump
  • Amy Rose gains insane jump height that rivals Sonic's new ability
  • Trust me, there is a reason for those changes

There are two versions:
The Full Experience (V_Jammin-v1.1.pk3)
The HUD Standalone (V_JamminHUD-v1.1.pk3)

Changelog
  • 1.1 - Adjusted Time and Rings to match with Score
  • 1.0 - Original Release
So... when I attempt to load in the Jammin' momentum mod, my game immediately crashes. Can you update it to prevent that please?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back