Ivory the Mad Scientist/Rabbit v1.5

Ivory the Mad Scientist/Rabbit v1.5

While i dislike the idea of adding additional effects to her bomb if she has a shield (mostly due to the fact people will take it as an instant "broken character"), i cant help but at least suggest leaving a SINGLE spec of fire where her bombs land if she has something like say, the "water/flame" bubble, or if she has the electric magnet bubble, rather than doing damage, her bombs will stun a character for an (x) amount of time, giving her more of a support role like amy, and help leave the enemies vulnerable. if not, changing the color (or its contents) of the bombs depending on what shield shes using would be a nice visual appeal.

using the flame shield as an example, the contents can change from acid to hot lava, and while it looks different, it'll have the same effect of your normal acid bomb.

I might have to start experimenting with shield bombs.
If I do that I could try making her regular acid bombs clash with opponents, while shield bombs would be more powerful.

If I do that I could try making her regular acid bombs clash with opponents, while shield bombs would be more powerful.

That would be a great idea :3

im totally fine with her normal bombs clashing just as long as she has another trick up her sleeve, so shes not a one-trick pony.

a few more unique ideas is making her bombs bounce like watery balloons if she has the standard water bubble shield..

or her projectiles becoming faster or even blowing people away with the air/tornado shield.

the rarer the bubbles are to find, the stronger the effect, yknow?

Edit: As a side note, consider giving her a different ring ability? i was thinking of rather than a barrage of bombs for 15 rings, maybe a tri or quad bomb throw in a cone shape infront of her for 10 rings?

Last edited:
So I'm testing the shield bombs, and I like were this is going. What I've got so far is:

Normal Acid Bombs clash with opponents like corks do.
Ivory can only store 1 Pity Shield
Bomb Frenzy cost 20 rings now

Force Shield gives Force Bombs, which are like Acid Bombs but don't clash, kind of simple but Force Shields take 2 hits to break.

Magnet Shield gives Static Bombs which don't do damage, but instead charm opponents like Amy can, for damage Ivory will have to rely on the Magnet Shield's homing attack.

And for the Wind Shield I was thinking about making it blow players away, but that might just end up being harmless\annoying on normal maps, and obnoxious on bottomless pit maps.
Instead I think Wind Bombs will be fast and not affected by gravity, making them + the double jump good for sniping

And Bomb Frenzy will also use Shield Bombs.

Last edited:
So I'm testing the shield bombs, and I like were this is going. What I've got so far is:

Normal Acid Bombs clash with opponents like corks do.
Ivory can only store 1 Pity Shield
Bomb Frenzy cost 20 rings now

Force Shield gives Force Bombs, which are like Acid Bombs but don't clash, kind of simple but Force Shields take 2 hits to break.

Magnet Shield gives Static Bombs which don't do damage, but instead charm opponents like Amy can, for damage Ivory will have to rely on the Magnet Shield's homing attack.

And for the Wind Shield I was thinking about making it blow players away, but that might just end up being harmless\annoying on normal maps, and obnoxious on bottomless pit maps.
Instead I think Wind Bombs will be fast and not affected by gravity, making them + the double jump good for sniping

And Bomb Frenzy will also use Shield Bombs.

sounds awesome. I like the idea of ivory becoming semi-weak without a bubble. it makes her character feel resourceful, not in the way that silver hogs monitors and grabs them willy-nilly, but causes ivory players to mind where the monitors are on each map and keep in mind what monitor can give what bubble. (dare i say this playstyle is somewhat similar to how the doomslayer feels in the new doom eternal.)

Countering ivory is pretty simple now however, as enemies will just have to be one step ahead of her, and grab any monitors that she might go for, starving her of resources and temporarily weaken her until she finds a bubble. this, from what i see so far with where this is going, should lead to some sort of balance.

Last edited:
sounds awesome. I like the idea of ivory becoming semi-weak without a bubble. it makes her character feel resourceful, not in the way that silver hogs monitors and grabs them willy-nilly, but causes ivory players to mind where the monitors are on each map and keep in mind what monitor can give what bubble. (dare i say this playstyle is somewhat similar to how the doomslayer feels in the new doom eternal.)

Countering ivory is pretty simple now however, as enemies will just have to be one step ahead of her, and grab any monitors that she might go for, starving her of resources and temporarily weaken her until she finds a bubble. this, from what i see so far with where this is going, should lead to some sort of balance.

Thanks
So continuing with bomb ideas:

Thunder Shield gives Electric Mines, which are have a slow fire rate and float very slowly, Ivory can use them to create a minefield.

I think Armageddon Shield will give Bombs with slow fire rate, but they have splash damage.

I might make Bubble Bombs bounce off walls.

And I'm not sure what to do with Fire and Elemental Shields, maybe the Fire Bombs would leave a trail of fire as they travel?

Thanks
So continuing with bomb ideas:

Thunder Shield gives Electric Mines, which are have a slow fire rate and float very slowly, Ivory can use them to create a minefield.

I think Armageddon Shield will give Bombs with slow fire rate, but they have splash damage.

I might make Bubble Bombs bounce off walls.

And I'm not sure what to do with Fire and Elemental Shields, maybe the Fire Bombs would leave a trail of fire as they travel?

dope - and the fire bomb could be either a light trail of fire or small bits of fire spawning where the bomb landed. What i might have to say might add some unnessecary extra work, but you should definately change the visual look of the bomb according to what shield she has, so all the bombs dont look the same and the people that dont understand her concept of shield = bomb effect will just call her random and bs. if its not that much work, making new pixel art of different bombs will enhance this appeal, but adding effects or just changing the color of the acid inside also works. if you do plan on changing the design of the bombs entirely, consider the following ideas:

- Wind shield: bombs are holding raging winds inside, something to represent air or something.

- fire /elemental shield: contents of the bombs are now hot boiling magma. ouch.

- armageddon shield: contents include some sort of radioactive energy, making the bomb eminate some sort of shining aura or something to depict the fact that her bombs are super dangerous now.

these new concepts of ivory and her bombs is starting to make her more sound like Mega-man using the master bots abilities xD

Last edited:
dope - and the fire bomb could be either a light trail of fire or small bits of fire spawning where the bomb landed. What i might have to say might add some unnessecary extra work, but you should definately change the visual look of the bomb according to what shield she has, so all the bombs dont look the same and the people that dont understand her concept of shield = bomb effect will just call her random and bs. if its not that much work, making new pixel art of different bombs will enhance this appeal, but adding effects or just changing the color of the acid inside also works. if you do plan on changing the design of the bombs entirely, consider the following ideas:

- Wind shield: bombs are holding raging winds inside, something to represent air or something.

- fire /elemental shield: contents of the bombs are now hot boiling magma. ouch.

- armageddon shield: contents include some sort of radioactive energy, making the bomb eminate some sort of shining aura or something to depict the fact that her bombs are super dangerous now.

these new concepts of ivory and her bombs is starting to make her more sound like Mega-man using the master bots abilities xD

Way ahead of you, my sister has made some fun bomb sprites, but I don't know how to put images here to show you.

Way ahead of you, my sister has made some fun bomb sprites, but I don't know how to put images here to show you.

if your not able to put images in the thread, (or just want to personally send it) i have a discord you can use. but i'd rather send it in-game, to prevent spam.

Ok I just can out with the v1.3 update:

Her Acid Bombs now can be clashed by spinjumping and ect.
Bomb frenzy now cost 20 rings, and she can only store one pity shield

But collecting a non-pity Shield will grant her new types of bombs, one for each shield!

This is a large update so let me know if you find any glitches, I really hope nothing breaks.

Ok I just can out with the v1.3 update:

Her Acid Bombs now can be clashed by spinjumping and ect.
Bomb frenzy now cost 20 rings, and she can only store one pity shield

But collecting a non-pity Shield will grant her new types of bombs, one for each shield!

This is a large update so let me know if you find any glitches, I really hope nothing breaks.

Im forever alone and therefor unable to check out how the bombs interact with players, but so far, just small comments:

- the bombs look amazing, much better than anything i had in mind. good job using their monitor icon as a base for their design.

- i havent been able to see any hitbox changes with the radiation bubble, if the hitbox was meant to be any bigger. im just going off of how big the explosion looks.

other than that tiny observation, im sure ill have much more to say when i get a chance to test her on live guinea pi- uhh, players.

I have an idea for an ability, bomb jump, throwing a bomb into the ground directly and then jumping in the middle of the radius causes ivory to launch off into the distance.

v1.3.2 - Important Bug Fix

Bomb Frenzy now spawns less bombs, and now costs 18 rings.
Fixed a glitch where spawning a clashable bomb inside of a Spinjumping character would despawn and explode the bomb at the exact same time, resulting in a SIGSEGV

I hope there are no more issues, sorry for any inconveniences.

Updated to v1.4

In SP/COOP she now has her shield bombs and increased fire rate from Battle Mode.
Acid Bombs are now colored to match your team when doing team battles, Zipper also helped me clean up some of the code.
And made some slight changes to all her sprites.

hey Logan, i was thinking: since this character is highly dedicated for battle mode, isn't it that you could create an alternative version that could be dedicated to stages and zones?
if that's okay, then I'll give you some ideas

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back