• Most users ever online was 8,516, 11-17-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    Well, that happened.

SRB2 Kart R1 flew out the door (get it here) to triple digit player counts on the master server and has drawn interest far afield. 48 hours later, and there are already multiple wads in the pipe for release, and I expect a lot more are yet to come.

Characters, levels, and a lot of scripts for kart are not inter-operable with normal SRB2. To keep things easier on everyone, we'll be putting mods for kart in their own forum (here) for now, though the exact details of the arrangement may change later, depending. You may see a little wonkiness to start, but we're smoothing things out.

People planning to release their own wads should be aware that the Filename Conventions for Maps announcement in submissions has been updated with Kart-specific information. Kart characters have their own prefix as well and version numbers are now mandatory in kart addon filenames.

Finally, a quick reminder that adding an add-on to favorites (under "Show Your Support") will notify you when the author changes the version number. Handy!

Have fun, everyone!
This thread contains content that may be reused, modified, or ported by anyone.

D00D64

Probably Responsible
Kart Krew™️
Judge
PrpcblL.png

"hey Iceman404, when are you gonna add crawla to srb2 kart"

"never, because all of srb2's enemies are boring and lame lol"

...I'm pretty sure that is more or less how that conversation went. Well, forget him, I can do bad all by myself! And by that, I mean after I just take the wheels from his Kart sprites and stick them onto a Crawla. That'll show 'em!

Yeah, it's as simple as that. Not all that flashy, but hey, it was gonna happen eventually, right? So lets do it as soon as possible, and invite the lil' chrome dome to SRB2 Kart with some Kart regulation wheels and a non-awful engine! Oh, and because voice clips are a thing now, this robot has been equipped with... Speakonia generated lines. Oh dear.

Most Crawlas are weak and ineffectual, but this one has something to prove!

Attachments

• KC_CrawlaKart_V1.zip
    340.9 KB · Views: 1,092
  • kart0019.gif
    kart0019.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 510
  • kart0020.gif
    kart0020.gif
    5.4 MB · Views: 524
  • kart0022.gif
    kart0022.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 461
  • kart0023.gif
    kart0023.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 407
  • kart0017.gif
    kart0017.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 619

sonc

yes i am that guy
SRB2 Concept art: Crawla, is very dumb, shoots *small* bullets
DOOD64: *makes this*
SRB2 Concept art: i instant regret saying that

In other words, fantastic, 11/10, 100 better than crawla honcho 5 stars, i would give you 6 stars if i can.