• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

C̶a̶m̶p̶e̶r☻

死神代行 (Shinigami)
The Idea: Welcome to my first set of maps that I started on a whim about 3 months ago. I had decided on 5 maps total so lets see if I can stick true to that. I'm very new to Slade & ZoneBuilder but wanted to give map creation a try especially since me and a friend have been playing Chaos mode quite a lot recently. Warning! - I haven't figured out the minimap part of Chaos yet so be aware it is unreliable rn 😅, also many things could end up changing or not at all.
Anyways here's what I have going so far:
testable(maybe)maps.png

Seething Ravine - (My first map!) An abandoned construction site located somewhere in Arid Canyon. (Includes minecart ride)
Blazing Outside.png
Cave Ninja.png
what the Silver doing.png

Penirreja Plaza - A small plaza lying in Castigona City celebrating their annual anniversary before Dr. Robotnik and his goons arrived! (loosely inspired by Spagonia, includes Sonic X music, and secrets)
tango up.png
Sonic in town.png
Old Persa Park.png

Hueco Mundo - Based off the anime Bleach, this map is a rough idea of what I think the desert world of Hueco Mundo would look like in SRB2. This map is the first that I experimented with custom textures, sky, and maybe more in the future. (Includes Bleach music, edited textures, and secrets)

Getsuga Tensho.png
Shadow In Menos Forest.png
bleach-soul-resurreccion-.jpg

This is what I've been using as reference for the map, if anyone has tips/tutorials for custom enemies and textures i'm looking to make a menos grande (this tall creature) enemy, dead trees and maybe more.

Training Facility - Locked in a facility made to test your resilience in several biomes! (In early development, includes Sonic X music)

IDK YET - Maybe a map within the dragonball or naruto universe? or i might just do a Srb2 based one i'm not sure yet.

I personally like to use battle (for the special moves), enemy multihit, and enemy variation to spice up Chaos mode so keep in mind my maps are somewhat built around these addons as well. I wouldn't expect these maps to get updated very often unless I have free time from work, school, and other things in life. Hope you enjoy and thoughts are welcomed!
Post automatically merged:

Central Chamber.png
greenflowerChamber.png
FrozenChamber.png
deepChamber.png

Also here's the "testable" maps

Attachments

• MAPSR.wad
    358.9 KB · Views: 145
  • MAPPI.wad
    4.2 MB · Views: 193
Last edited:
These are really nice so far. I love seeing more Chaos maps.

The Plaza is probably my favorite but they're both very good. Plaza feels well put together, overall it feels like a plaza and is fun to play. It's on the small side and everything is fairly central, but it's a plaza so that figures. It does need a little polish: I'm pretty sure some chars can get stuck in a couple alley areas and the boundary of playable space could be more clearly marked with fence-like props but it's totally playable.

The Ravine feels less central, and more winding, but it probably the easier to navigate of the two. I didn't find it quite as fun, but I think the enemy/character combo I wound up with made it feel cramped so needs more testing. It's a good level and a good concept, if maybe not as ambitious as the Plaza.

The minmap thing is confusing. It took me a bit but I managed to figure out the steps. You've got making and including the image down, what it needs is the Map radar objects placed at the northwestern most and southeastern most map corners (this scales enemy/object placement on minimap) and to have the image's offsets set to half the image size in Slade or similair program (this centers the minimap). You also don't want any excess space on the images.

I can definitely help with the general process of adding stuff, and possibly code, if you still need that.

As for you mod list, do you have a way to fix Battle mod screwing up Chaos scoreboard? That's about the only true issue I've found using the two together.

These are really nice so far. I love seeing more Chaos maps.

The Plaza is probably my favorite but they're both very good. Plaza feels well put together, overall it feels like a plaza and is fun to play. It's on the small side and everything is fairly central, but it's a plaza so that figures. It does need a little polish: I'm pretty sure some chars can get stuck in a couple alley areas and the boundary of playable space could be more clearly marked with fence-like props but it's totally playable.

The Ravine feels less central, and more winding, but it probably the easier to navigate of the two. I didn't find it quite as fun, but I think the enemy/character combo I wound up with made it feel cramped so needs more testing. It's a good level and a good concept, if maybe not as ambitious as the Plaza.

The minmap thing is confusing. It took me a bit but I managed to figure out the steps. You've got making and including the image down, what it needs is the Map radar objects placed at the northwestern most and southeastern most map corners (this scales enemy/object placement on minimap) and to have the image's offsets set to half the image size in Slade or similair program (this centers the minimap). You also don't want any excess space on the images.

I can definitely help with the general process of adding stuff, and possibly code, if you still need that.

As for you mod list, do you have a way to fix Battle mod screwing up Chaos scoreboard? That's about the only true issue I've found using the two together.
Thanks for the feedback and checking out my maps! it's been a little bit since i've worked on some of these due to life and me working on my first Gmod addon & Risk of rain 2 mod. I actually started on a remake of the plaza about a week or two ago since I felt like it could be a little expanded on and better setup. As well as some additions to Hueco Mundo and the training facility, I plan to polish them all regardless so that there's more variety to chaos maps. I definitely was last having issues with the minimap image and radar objects im sure your tips will help a bunch 👍

And with my current list I don't recall coming across an issue with the scoreboard, what seems to happen on your end?
I also wouldn't mind any help on plaza or Hueco Mundo!

Glad to hear you're still working on them. If you're doing a remake don't be afraid to copy paste some of the better buildings into the new layout to save time and just polish those instead of starting completely from scratch. But if you think it's easier to remake fully go ahead.

Adding objects or enemies is certainly something I can help with if you have sprites for them. I've already converted some open assets for Chaos mode for my own project so I know the basics of that. I'm also happy to help with map work and textures if you like but programming is probably my most useful skill.

As for Battle mod, I guess it must have been a fluke, other mod, or a variant Battle mod I was using that did it. I tested a map with both awhile back and the scoreboard at the end read 0 but I wasn't able to replicate it just now. The survival mode playable Jetty-Syns do interfere with continues and some things but they can be disabled. I can probably get them disabled for just Chaos using a script for servers that want a mixed rotation.

Been a while since I've posted any updates, but overtime I had published my GMOD addon and started some other smallish coding projects that I'm still working on. But I've also worked on this map pack a little as well (although its only been very recent 😅), and wanted to share what was originally supposed to be the remake for Penirreja Plaza. But instead will be its own thing as I remake the Plaza after cleaning up & finishing the other maps. Here's some quick screenshots of Badaria City so far.

Attachments

• whispers view.jpg
    whispers view.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 55
  • not city escape.jpg
    not city escape.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Sonic walking.jpg
    Sonic walking.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Take Flight.jpg
    Take Flight.jpg
    643.8 KB · Views: 57

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back