Air Options

[Open Assets] Air Options 1.0

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
MasterDisaster64 submitted a new resource:

Air Options - Quality-of-life improvements to jumping

Quality-of-life improvements to the aerial controls, backported from the Sonic Adventure games.

No more "roll jump"! Jumping out of a roll results in a regular jump, enabling tight turns.
View attachment 76731

Rolling off a ledge or ramp also puts you in the jump state, meaning tighter turns and access to jump abilities!
View attachment 76732

Non-spinning characters don't need to jump to use their abilities. They can use them off ledges, ramps or...

Read more about this resource...

You should add the option to have that SA-Sonic styled air uncurl tech

no, no, no, like, how if SA Sonic is in the air for long enough, he'll uncurl

maybe oh i dont know maybe it can give you speed in the air or something like that

Does the water skipping still work?
Man, I always forget about that mechanic. Is it done by air-rolling onto water? If so, I guess it would no longer be possible. But I feel like making it possible only after rolling off a ledge would create that same inconsistency I was trying to fix with this mod.

Man, I always forget about that mechanic. Is it done by air-rolling onto water? If so, I guess it would no longer be possible. But I feel like making it possible only after rolling off a ledge would create that same inconsistency I was trying to fix with this mod.
it's a real pain trying to find a solution to that, i think is conected to the roll state or the nocontrol flag, idk, but it bothers me so much, when using a super form, and "trying" to roll on water, you just cant, the speed of the super form triggers the water run, even in roll state, i hope you can find a fix for it, i dont know how to program but, i think you can find a solution for this :( (if you cant, well, doesnt matter, someone else can maybe)
Post automatically merged:

it's a real pain trying to find a solution to that, i think is conected to the roll state or the nocontrol flag, idk, but it bothers me so much, when using a super form, and "trying" to roll on water, you just cant, the speed of the super form triggers the water run, even in roll state, i hope you can find a fix for it, i dont know how to program but, i think you can find a solution for this :( (if you cant, well, doesnt matter, someone else can maybe)

I noticed 2 problems with this mod when using SA-sonic. He can't air dash and he can't use his special momentum preservation trick.

I noticed 2 problems with this mod when using SA-sonic. He can't air dash and he can't use his special momentum preservation trick.
Well, SA-Sonic doesn't really need this mod anyway. He already doesn't have limited turning from roll-jumping or rolling off a cliff, and has a move only available when you roll off a cliff.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back