Air Options

[Reusable] Air Options 1.0

This thread contains content that may be reused, modified, or ported by anyone.
MasterDisaster64 submitted a new resource:

Air Options - Quality-of-life improvements to jumping

Quality-of-life improvements to the aerial controls, backported from the Sonic Adventure games.

No more "roll jump"! Jumping out of a roll results in a regular jump, enabling tight turns.
View attachment 76731

Rolling off a ledge or ramp also puts you in the jump state, meaning tighter turns and access to jump abilities!
View attachment 76732

Non-spinning characters don't need to jump to use their abilities. They can use them off ledges, ramps or...

Read more about this resource...

Does the water skipping still work?
Man, I always forget about that mechanic. Is it done by air-rolling onto water? If so, I guess it would no longer be possible. But I feel like making it possible only after rolling off a ledge would create that same inconsistency I was trying to fix with this mod.

J. 2006

Man, I always forget about that mechanic. Is it done by air-rolling onto water? If so, I guess it would no longer be possible. But I feel like making it possible only after rolling off a ledge would create that same inconsistency I was trying to fix with this mod.
it's a real pain trying to find a solution to that, i think is conected to the roll state or the nocontrol flag, idk, but it bothers me so much, when using a super form, and "trying" to roll on water, you just cant, the speed of the super form triggers the water run, even in roll state, i hope you can find a fix for it, i dont know how to program but, i think you can find a solution for this :( (if you cant, well, doesnt matter, someone else can maybe)
Post automatically merged:

it's a real pain trying to find a solution to that, i think is conected to the roll state or the nocontrol flag, idk, but it bothers me so much, when using a super form, and "trying" to roll on water, you just cant, the speed of the super form triggers the water run, even in roll state, i hope you can find a fix for it, i dont know how to program but, i think you can find a solution for this :( (if you cant, well, doesnt matter, someone else can maybe)

Just456

I noticed 2 problems with this mod when using SA-sonic. He can't air dash and he can't use his special momentum preservation trick.

I noticed 2 problems with this mod when using SA-sonic. He can't air dash and he can't use his special momentum preservation trick.
Well, SA-Sonic doesn't really need this mod anyway. He already doesn't have limited turning from roll-jumping or rolling off a cliff, and has a move only available when you roll off a cliff.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)