What Persona game does this mod get it's music from?

this mod actually features music from every persona game, except for megami ibunroku persona and persona 2: eternal punishment, but a majority of the music + the theming of the game is largely based on persona 3.

This is it. We have reached peak SRB2 modding, everyone go home.

This is genuinely the best mod. I have few tiny nitpicks, though. Baton Passes don't work on a character that's already used their turn which makes no sense at all, and seeing Classic Sonic with Adventure Sonic's face is extremely cursed, but other than that, this is the perfect mod for me. Good job!

Baton Passes don't work on a character that's already used their turn which makes no sense at all,!

this problem is actually kinda big to be honest; baton passes quickly lose all of their worth when you're just guarding until you can get to the only person who can exploit a weakness. i understand that it's there because of online play, but i feel like you should allow the player to baton pass to whoever they please if they're exploring on their own.

this problem is actually kinda big to be honest; baton passes quickly lose all of their worth when you're just guarding until you can get to the only person who can exploit a weakness. i understand that it's there because of online play, but i feel like you should allow the player to baton pass to whoever they please if they're exploring on their own.

This is actually something that is present in the official SMT/Persona titles and makes perfect sense. This is not an issue.

This is in place for a sense of balance.

If you can baton pass after a character has taken their turn, whether it be by guarding or attacking, this would be an incredibly powerful (if not broken) 'feature'.

I actually made it through "Bullshit" and I gotta say: It feels like I'm playing an actual Persona game again. I almost forgot that I was playing an SRB2 mod. This is definitely worth the hours of play and the years of work put into it!

I dunno about you guys, but looking at the Player Setup...

Where's Rosy? It's legit not there.
Custom Skincolors don't seem to work either.

Oh, and the code says the maxskincolors is 68, which includes Rosy... Weird......

i do sorta agree about the baton passing tho
im saying it'd be NICE to be able to baton pass to chars that have already acted and would make logical sense
but maybe it is unbalanced

alot of other things are odd and unwelcome/welcome

if you hit at least one enemy with a skill that hits multiple enemies you will still get "one more"
strong enemies cannot be knocked down even with their weakness (includes bosses)... kinda miss that from p3 but you're the boss
reaper pls leave me alone aaaaaaa
enemies that are knocked down don't "get up" when attacked again

things that i ACTUALLY dont understand
enemies (and you) can act on the same turn you "get up". I guess that's "recovering from x status on the same turn you get said status and attacking right after syndrome" from persona 3.
ive somehow knocked down bosses when they have literally 1 HP... what's the point of that... im pretty sure that's a "coded in thing", theres no way i just got extremely lucky there.
haha reaper go brrr (starting to think the reaper isn't that bad buuuuuut holy shit ive been running away from one for 5 minutes why is tartarus so hard to navigate even with a map, this never was a problem in p3)

things i'd *maybe* like to see - weapons
sure, everyone having bash attacks and tails having the most garbage attack (misses all the time) is nice, but I think it'd be really cool to have like swords. Amy could have hammer upgrades, other characters could have swords (black knight) possibly
and speaking of weapons, tiers on the shuffle game, something seems missing from the shuffle game but it is necesarry for personas
and speaking of personas
no fusing atm, this is early stage so its fine obviously, might be nice to-
wait is sub personas a canon thing? back in p3 you had to change your entire persona, but certain personas have immunities... so does using sub personas change immunities and resistances?

using weaknesses on bosses doesn't seem that powerful but i guess spamming weaknesses and hyper mode is an easy enough way to win so i cant really complain

ive typed way too much to double check it so im posting it anyway

Last edited:
Okay, the excitement I have for this mod has died down a bit.
if you hit at least one enemy with a skill that hits multiple enemies you will still get "one more"
This is how it works.
wait is sub personas a canon thing?
They were in Persona Q games, basically the Wild Cards ended up sort of sharing their Wild Card power with the other persona users and were stuck with their starting personas (until they evolved).
This is actually something that is present in the official SMT/Persona titles and makes perfect sense. This is not an issue.
Yes, this IS an issue. I don't know if Baton Passes make some sort of appearance in other SMT games because I'm a filthy Persona casual, but Baton Passes DO NOT work like that in Persona 5. The only time you cannot Baton Pass to someone else is when they've already done one. Even if they work like that in other SMT games, and even if its a 'broken' feature, it's an OFFICIAL feature, and it should work like Persona since, you know, this is SRB2 Persona.
Also, the reaper. It's definitely VERY quick to appear, and I can only get like 3 or 4 battles in before it appears, but it kind of makes sense, since this is still Sonic and you have to go fast.
All in all, I still believe this is the best mod for SRB2 so far, but it's still far from perfect.

Last edited:
i do sorta agree about the baton passing tho
im saying it'd be NICE to be able to baton pass to chars that have already acted and would make logical sense
but maybe it is unbalanced
Baton Pass used to work the way it did in Persona 5 but it honestly made the game way too easy. (...Much like Persona 5 itself), especially considering you get a free Tarukaja/Makakaja on top of whatever you already had for every subsequent Baton Pass. So it's been changed to only work on party members who haven't had their turn yet.

enemies that are knocked down don't "get up" when attacked again

enemies (and you) can act on the same turn you "get up". I guess that's "recovering from x status on the same turn you get said status and attacking right after syndrome" from persona 3.

Although the mod itself is based off of Persona 3 in its theming, the battle system takes cues from Persona 4 and 5, as such, multi target attacks will give 1Mores so long as they knock at least one enemy down, and downed enemies don't waste their turn getting back up, nor do they get back up when attacked. This mechanic in particular gave rise to very lame cheese strategies such as the Thunder Reign tactic against the Reaper in vanilla Persona 3 which I didn't want here.

strong enemies cannot be knocked down even with their weakness (includes bosses)... kinda miss that from p3 but you're the boss
I still wanted to have weaknesses on bosses without making them easily cheesable. The point of hitting weaknesses here is mostly to fill the Emerald Power gauge as it doubles the gain.

reaper pls leave me alone aaaaaaa
haha reaper go brrr (starting to think the reaper isn't that bad buuuuuut holy shit ive been running away from one for 5 minutes why is tartarus so hard to navigate even with a map, this never was a problem in p3)

The Reaper appears to make sure you don't spend your entire time grinding on 1 floor and forces you to move along. This prevents the game from lasting longer than it should (and god knows it's already long to finish an entire block).
The minimap IMO should provide plenty of indication of where to go granted you just eye it from time to time. Due to SRB2's lower hud resolution, I couldn't really do anything better than squares to represent the floors, and the Reaper moves slow enough that getting to the spring, especially if you're playing alone, should never be a problem.

ive somehow knocked down bosses when they have literally 1 HP... what's the point of that... im pretty sure that's a "coded in thing", theres no way i just got extremely lucky there.
Yes this is a scripted sequence. Block final boss will always get knocked down on the last hit to be finished off by an All-Out Attack.

things i'd *maybe* like to see - weapons
sure, everyone having bash attacks and tails having the most garbage attack (misses all the time) is nice, but I think it'd be really cool to have like swords. Amy could have hammer upgrades, other characters could have swords (black knight) possibly
and speaking of weapons, tiers on the shuffle game, something seems missing from the shuffle game but it is necesarry for personas
and speaking of personas
no fusing atm, this is early stage so its fine obviously, might be nice to-
wait is sub personas a canon thing? back in p3 you had to change your entire persona, but certain personas have immunities... so does using sub personas change immunities and resistances?
The Persona Q Sub-Personas are a mechanic in SRB2P because it allows every character to have dynamic movesets without diverting them from their main purposes, and also because I couldn't get every Persona's sprite exported without getting crippling depression.
Sub-Persona fusion & weapons/armours alike are planned for the Single Player campaign, but won't ever appear in Quickplay simply because the point isn't to force the players to scramble for equipment seeing as managing base Sub-Personas and Skill Cards is hard enough with the time constraints imposed by Quickplay.

ah, persona 3 is the only persona game i've played besides a little bit of p1 "revelations persona" idc, im like halfway into p3 i think

This is, by far, the most comprehensive and enjoyable mod I have ever played. It's an absolute blast, even from someone who's never played a Persona game. The effects are incredibly satisfying, it looks and sounds beautiful, and it's just a legitimately fantastic RPG experience.

It's also nearly unplayable when played as intended.

I have spent hours, over multiple servers, trying to play this with others. I have made it past a boss as a team exactly once.
It's not because we failed. We did pretty well, actually. The problem is that it's just so, so buggy. I don't know if it's an outdated netcode thing or a mod thing, but it feels like this game's multiplayer is held together by chewing gum and string. The majority of the multiplayer experience is basically "get in game, restart within 2 floors because something went wrong, repeat."
I still don't know what happens if all the teams die- a run never once ended that way, it was always because something bugged and we needed to restart.

There's the really base issues, like how basically anyone dropping for any reason and attempting to join back immediately is liable to ruin the whole game. Sometimes people spawn in as Sonic instead of whoever they selected, for multiple attempts in a row. Very often, teams straight up don't initialize correctly at all, and fail to correctly enter battle. The PVP mode I'd describe as having a "can get into the game" rate of somewhere around 30-50%. (one time we fell through the arena and got into massive HoM, that was fun.)

It ends up turning the game, even if you've got a good game going, into one of "when is the game going to end up breaking next, making us restart."

It's a shame, honestly, because I'd absolutely love to play this with friends, but I know it'll probably end up being roughly 90% restarting and 10% playing the game, and that's not really fun for anyone.

I do really want to see this grow and become one of the, like, great projects of this community like Kart, though, because it has the potential to be absolutely fantastic. Keep up the amazing work!

(also Amy is way too strong in PVP, I'd recommend getting rid of her Recarm so she's not quite as pivotal.)

Last edited:
Amy is basically Yukari, even having the same base persona, i suppose Lat could make Recarm a sub persona or a skill card only move though

It's also nearly unplayable when played as intended.

[...] (Post is quite long so I won't quote it all to keep things tidy*)

I'm extremely sorry that things went like that for you, especially when I just saw people go on an allmost flawless 8 players 2h30 Tartarus exploration yesterday in a Discord screenshare.
As I stated in the OP, it's pivotal that you get every player to join before the game starts, joining mid-game is still completely broken for reasons beyond my understanding. While this issue is due to my own incompetence, I don't think I can do anything if you're still getting synching issues in spite of respecting this one basic rule as this would be more of a Vanilla SRB2 issue. I've tested enough netgames (Hear: Hundreds of hours) to the point where I'm confident that everything is stable so long as no one joins mid-game.

Also, very fair assertion about PvP, I'll be sure to remove Recarm from Amy there.

Thanks a ton for the feedback either way, I'll try my best to eventually hammer this into a bug free experience!
I don't think this will ever grow to be even remotely a fourth of how big Kart has gotten, and especially not with the current amount of content, but I'm still very happy with the current results nonetheless!

As a degenerate who's never played any persona game before, this is pretty good.

Also what's the menu's theme?

I have a couple of things I'd like to see in the game when it's finished.

• Multiple rooms, based on the gametype the server is most commonly playing, if this gets its own MS. Basically like SRB2's own MS, but for SRB2P.
Speaking of gametypes,
  • Default gametypes for servers. Selecting a gametype there will automatically redirect the server to the gametype's corresponding room.
  • Being able to cancel out of the party you selected to join. We really wanted this to be a thing when Spectrum was hosting this the other day.
  • Different colors = different immunities/abilities. Don't apply the bonuses the color gives if it's the character's default color. For example, Flame could give the Makagi skill and immunity to fire damage, but make you weak to water and wind damage.
  • Different EXP gain for each team member, depending on how well they fought in the encounter.
Also, in the same session I just mentioned when talking about when we were playing with Spectrum,
We really wanted this to be a thing when Spectrum was hosting this the other day.
We discovered a bug.
Shadow can literally no-clip using his Chaos Control. Perhaps you could do something similar to what the creator of Shadow (the mod) to prevent the Chaos Control from warping Shadow through walls?

i think that the lobby aint really correctly made as if a character (somehow) manage to spin with high speed he can litterally go oob of the lobby (cman who is not a default character is usefull to test it) i think you should try to make the lobby walls a bit more T I C C

i think that the lobby aint really correctly made as if a character (somehow) manage to spin with high speed he can litterally go oob of the lobby (cman who is not a default character is usefull to test it)
See, the same happens with Shadow just chaos-controlling out of the lobby's walls.

I don't think this will ever grow to be even remotely a fourth of how big Kart has gotten, and especially not with the current amount of content, but I'm still very happy with the current results nonetheless!

I hope this does become as big as kart, I don't know how or why kart got so well received, as more and more content is added i think it'd be better subjectively. I'm biased towards persona :P
oh and i never got into kart

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

I just only now realized how Blaze learns ice skills even though she has an afilliation with fire. Nothing wrong with the decision, just noticed irony... if it is irony

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back