Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
attachment.php

Join the SRB2P Discord!
This is the best place to talk about SRB2P and find people to play with as well as report bugs for me to keep things organized if you find anything!

Check out the SRB2P Modding Documentation!

DOWNLOAD:

Windows:
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE VANILLA SRB2: DOWNLOAD BUTTON ON THE TOP RIGHT, DRAG AND DROP FILES IN YOUR SRB2 FOLDER (yes, it's that easy)
-----------
OR Full installer provided here if you don't already have Vanilla SRB2

Linux:
Linux builds are maintained by the community and thus I will not be able to help you personally if you encounter issues with the installation or launching process using these builds.

Mac:
Mac builds are maintained by the community and thus I will not be able to help you personally if you encounter issues with the installation or launching process using these builds.

For other platforms, you're free to compile an executable yourself (The source code is available HERE) and use the same files as the Windows version.

_____
SRB2Persona is a mod I've been working on with the help of a few friends every now and then for about 5 years now. The entire point was to recreate Persona's general gameplay into SRB2. Yeah, it doesn't get any stupider than that! It started off as a barely playable weird tech demo that would error about everytime we tried playing it. Honestly I was unsure whether or not it was going to ever be something playable or stay as a fever dream.
Yet here we are, today. After 3 entire rewrites and countless hours of testing over the course of 5 years, I have no idea how my motivation lasted me this long, but I'm happy to release the first SRB2Persona demo!

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Play the tutorial
I cannot stress this enough, even if you've played a Persona game before, I recommend you check it out.

5029 UDP.
That's the port you need to forward for people to join your hosted games. The method to portforward varies between ISPs so this one is on you to figure out, chief.

Netgames:
SRB2P is best enjoyed in a group of 4 over a voice call, but you can play it with up to 16 players using multiple parties! The game's stability can take a significant hit at higher player counts, so be warned.

Singleplayer?
SRB2P doesn't have a story mode yet (This will be the focus of the next update), but you can play any of the existing gamemodes besides PvP by yourself. Marathon Mode especially can make for a nice substitute!

Modding?
There is modding support for custom characters, custom dungeons and the likes. The modding documentation is available at the top of the post, and you can ask for help and speak with other modders in the Discord server!

So, what's in the package?

Frantic turn based battles
Experience the flashy aesthetic of the Persona battle system, with a hint of Shin Megami Tensei buff system topping to add some flavour, alongside literally hundreds of available Persona skills and a varied selection of characters!
Find out and exploit your enemies' weaknesses to knock them down and get additional turns! Manage to knock them all down, and you can unleash the powerful All-Out Attack to deal massive damage and maybe just end the battle in a flash!
If you either finish a battle with an All-Out Attack, or within a single turn, you may even get a chance to get some more mileage out of it!
attachment.php

Dungeon crawling with up to 4... 8...? wait, 16 players!?
Crawl within the mazes of Tartarus. Ambush the Shadows impeding your way, earn EXP to get stronger and make your way up to and destroy the floor guardians with a party of 4... Or up to 4 parties of 4 in any given Block of Tartarus!
...Just be careful not to spend too much time on a single floor, or bad luck awaits...
attachment.php

Roguelike!
Is regular Tartarus exploration too easy for you? The enemies are too predictable? Try your luck in Rogue mode! Enemies will have randomized affinities and attacks to go along to force you to re-experience the thrill of finding weaknesses out on the spot whenever you want!

A climb to the top!
In Marathon Mode, you can climb Tartarus from the bottom to the very top with save point at each boss floor! This mode locks you in Rogue mode for an added difficulty. Will you find what awaits you at the top?

View attachment 55757

From Nothing:
Want a refresher? Try Void Run! A difficult alternative take on the usual gameplay loop, you'll start from nothing and have to work your way up to fighting enemies much stronger than you are using items and equipment wisely... Every character starts off the same, you're free to build them however you like!
View attachment 55758

Fight it out in a 4V4 PvP duke out!
Experience the many intricacies of how stupidly unbalanced the battle system is by unleashing your most devious strategies on each other!
You can also try some of the funky alternative variants of PvP, such as Random Skills or Boss Mode... Both of which are exactly what they sound like, it's not like this mode was balanced anyway, so let's go All-Out with the silliness!

attachment.php

Test your skills on Challenge Battles!
Take on timed boss rematches and endless battles with up to 3 other players to set the best times and scores! Serves as a good training session to know what to expect from the many dangers of Tartarus! You may even get compensation for your suffering if you win em all!
attachment.php

CREDITS
Sonic Robo Blast 2: Persona
Mod by Lat'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Mod credits:

Snu: General programming & graphics assistance
Spectra: Programming assistance
NerduMiner: Programming assistance
SoapSurfin: Titlescreen Sonic art
DylanNeyaz: Cut-ins
Q.T.D.: All-Out-Attack artwork
DaveLite: Evoker poses

SpectrumUK: Programming assistance
LJ Sonik: PRNG library

Inazuma: Shadow The Hedgehog & Blaze The Cat sprites
DrStephen: Dr. Eggman sprites
(All permissions / re-usable content status check out)

Amicitia Comm: Persona 3/4 modding tools

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sonic Robo Blast 2 belongs to Sonic Team Jr.

LEGAL STUFF:
Sonic The Hedgehog is property of SEGA
Shin Megami Tensei / Persona is property of ATLUS / SEGA
No copyright infringement intended, this is a fan project meant as a love letter to some of my favourite game franchises ever.

THIS GAME SHOULD NOT BE SOLD!
This is a non-profit project! (In fact, I lose money!)

It's kind of surreal for me to finally release something like that after working on it for so long. Although there isn't exactly a ton of content to speak of, I'm still incredibly proud of myself for managing to pull that out and eternally thankful to those who have helped me make it this far, be it by their supportive words, their contributions to the mod, or their everlasting ability to break the shit out of the game to help me find and crush bugs.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• SRB2P_WALLPAPER.jpg
    SRB2P_WALLPAPER.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 239,780
  • srb20311.gif
    srb20311.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 9,587
  • srb20534.png
    srb20534.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 222,095
  • srb20005.png
    srb20005.png
    222.7 KB · Views: 3,713
  • srb20057.png
    srb20057.png
    455.7 KB · Views: 6,486
  • srb20073.png
    srb20073.png
    430.5 KB · Views: 207,270
  • srb20548.png
    srb20548.png
    727.7 KB · Views: 178,050
  • srb20065.png
    srb20065.png
    626.2 KB · Views: 167,178
  • srb20540.png
    srb20540.png
    197.3 KB · Views: 7,649
  • srb20542.png
    srb20542.png
    233.8 KB · Views: 5,897
Last edited:
Seeing as this was my first Persona experience ever, I learned a lot throughout my initial playthrough and I gotta say, I loved every minute of it. This was really fun and so much polish and work has gone into this for so long. I'm really happy with what I played, I'll definitely be checking this out again with some friends or by myself. Welcome to releases and congratulations! I'll be swinging by this thread more often to give more thoughts on it as I play more.

Congrats!

Lat' said:
After 3 entire rewrites and countless hours of testing over the course of 4 years, I have no idea how my motivation lasted me this long, but I'm happy to release the first SRB2Persona demo!

Congrats on pulling through, not just with yourself but your team too!

Can't wait to dive into this mod and detail my experience (defo expecting to be hama'd or mudo'd at some point lol). This is one of the few mods that would always have me interested in making an RPG based level in srb2.

well i know what i'm spending the rest of my weekend playing, holy crap i have been waiting for this moment for so long!

Wow, woW WOW! this seems pretty nice! (but i can't play it because i think it's gonna explode my laptop... Too bad though)

This looks pretty good!

Saddly i haven't played Persona, but with this mod, i would probably give it a test.

oh my god
oh my god
somehow it has happened

my absolute favourite game series and my absolute favourite game of all time, persona 3, has been implemented into srb2
sorry one sec im gonna cry

there are absolutely no words to describe how good this mod is. it's just persona. it adapts the persona 3-5 gameplay and absolutely seamlessly integrates it into srb2, with the platformer dungeon crawling.
god i love this so much i'll think of an actual review later i dont care what you think of persona just play it

After so long....... The mad Lat did it! So how do I get this to work? Cause its a .rar and I can't activate it that way.

Last edited:
Apparently the attachment and mirror downloads are two completely different versions of the game?
One can't join the other if they both used different download links.
Might wanna fix that...

Apparently the attachment and mirror downloads are two completely different versions of the game?
One can't join the other if they both used different download links.
Might wanna fix that...

Sorry, this was just dealt with.
The dropbox mirror is now up to date with the actual MB download.

I will make a in depth review of my thoughts at a later time but the tutorial breaks if the enemy gets the first strike, Amy will be stunned making it so you can't pass the turn later, basically soft lock. Love what I'm seeing so far though!

!!LINUX USERS READ THIS!!
It compiles on linux fine. No errors preventing it from working! Have fun!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back