SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

OVA Knuckles Details »»
OVA Knuckles
Version: 1.0, by Frostiikin (Insert funny hahas here) Frostiikin is offline
Developer Last Online: Sep 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (5 votes - 4.40 average)
Released: 03-24-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 6
Characters SOCs Scripts Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

OVA KNUCKLES

So I had an idea, What if there was a character capable of taking any route through any level? Naturally, that made me think of how a character would be able to take knuckles' routes since those require such specific abilities, and of course the only solution is to have a knuckles clone with some unique perks.

Tweaks:
Glide & climb
It's knuckles' standard gliding and climbing, but with one major change, no more crouching! I know a lot of people (myself included) absolutely despise that crouch that he does, so if you're one of those people, this mod is for you.

Edit: As of version 2.2.5, knuckles' crouch is much less annoying. If it still annoys you however, this mod is still here :P

Jump Height
In order to take Sonic's routes through the levels, I needed to buff knuckles' base jump height. Don't worry, I didn't do anything crazy, he simply now has the same base jump height as Sonic.

Floor Auto-Break
Similarly to Azura, OVA Knuckles is capable of breaking breakable floors by simply standing on them, This is what allows him to take Amy and Fang's routes, as they are typically blocked off by a breakable floor.

Super Form
What it says on the tin, you no longer need an extra mod in order for you to go super as ova knuckles! The speed of his glide is greatly increased when super, so you can use that for some insane skips.

Edit: As of version 2.2.5, knuckles actually has a super form, and in a way, ova knuckles' super is kinda worse then vanilla's since he can't do the earthquake stomp.

Custom Music
Similarly to characters such as Neo Sonic, OVA Knuckles has custom music when using Speed Shoes, Invincibility, or going super. All of this music is taken directly from the Sonic OVA, so you can be sure it's all quality stuff.

A snazzy lookin' hat!
If all the gameplay related tweaks didn't sell you on ova knuckles, hopefully this will! Not only does he now have his famous hat from the OVA, but in some situations, (fall, roll, jump, and spindash) it's even effected by gravity, and will fall off of his head for a short time, or bounce ontop of you as you roll along the ground!

Credits:
Shitty spritework and ideas: Frostiikin#9107 (oh hey thats me)
Crouch Removal & Floor Autobreak: SwitchKaze#5561
Music Changer script: Bloobs#6535 and TelosTurntable#9752
Hat Physics: SMS Alfredo#7974

Massive thanks to all these people for helping with this, without them this wouldn't have been possible.

Download Now

File Type: pk3 VCL_OVAKnux-v1.pk3 (1.45 MB, 3456 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20129.gif
Views:	2448
Size:	5.27 MB
ID:	28662   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20132.gif
Views:	1162
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	28663   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20130.gif
Views:	946
Size:	5.11 MB
ID:	28664   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20131.gif
Views:	817
Size:	5.56 MB
ID:	28665   Click image for larger version

Name:	lowerresova.png
Views:	9636
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	29316  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 08-19-2020   #42
SIG7
SIG7Pro

i cannot explain what i feel from this (Translation: HECC YEA)
i need memebers to keep these alive https://discord.gg/uwZRkas https://discord.gg/enAhkBp
SIG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #43
Fang the sniper

i'm waiting a md3 for this
Fang the sniper is offline   Reply With Quote