SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Lua

MMT (Many Minor Tweaks) -- v4.0 Details »»
MMT (Many Minor Tweaks) -- v4.0
Developer Last Online: Feb 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (3 votes - 3.60 average)
Released: 12-25-2019 Last Update: 02-17-2020 Installs: 3
Scripts Re-Useable Content

Welcome to...
MMT (Many Minor Tweaks)!

This mod includes a whole bunch of minor tweaks that can be toggled via command line! Things including tailsball (which replaces tails' descent using spin to curl him up into a ball), superkey (which lets you change what key is used to turn super), and more! It also includes my previous lua script, Cancelable Super Form, now with the ability to change which key is used!

You can use "mmthelp" in-game to view what commands are available, and a brief description of what they do.
Do note that the list changes if you enter multiplayer, due to there being commands that work only in multiplayer, and ones that only work in singleplayer!

List of commands, taken from mmthelp:
Spoiler:

-- The Good Stuff --
  • mmthelp <num>: Lists all the available commands, by using the second argument as a page number.
  • superkey <value/off>: Changes key used to transform into character's super form. If disabled, all code relating to this is disabled.
    Options: off, weaponnext, weaponprev, attack/ringtoss, use/spin, camleft, camright, tossflag, firenormal/ringtossnormal, custom1, custom2, custom3
  • cancelsuper <value/off> : When the key set is pressed, the player is taken out of their super form.
    Options: off, weaponnext, weaponprev, attack/ringtoss, use/spin, camleft, camright, tossflag, firenormal/ringtossnormal, custom1, custom2, custom3
  • skincolor: <value/default>: Changes the player's skin color, used for single player modes.
  • supermusic <on/off>: Toggles the super form's music.
  • dropdash <on/off>: Enables the Drop Dash for Sonic. Notice: Disables superhover when turned on.
-- The Minor Tweaks --
  • recurl <on/off>: Allows the player to curl up into a ball after using a spring, tornado, etc.
  • supertrail <on/off>: Leaves behind a more noticeable trail when the player is in their super form.
  • totalrings <on/off>: Displays total amount of rings in level in the scoreboard hud.
  • supershield <on/off>: Allows shields to be shown when the player is in their super form.
  • tokentorings <on/off>: If all chaos emeralds are collected, player is granted 50 rings instead of a continue.
  • preserveshield <on/off>: Preserves shield upon completion of level, allowing you to keep the shield in the next map load.
  • musicfade <on/off>: Fades music out when crossing the goalpost.
  • infinitelives <on/off>: Allows for infinite lives in singleplayer. (singleplayer only, duh)
  • scorecontinues <on/off>: When enabled, after reaching above 25,000 points in a level, the player is granted a continue. (singleplayer only)
-- Other Tweaks --
  • tailsball <jump/spin/bop/off>: Tails turns into a ball instead of descending when using the spin key in flight.
  • everysuper <on/off/disable>: Allows every character to go super. If set to off, only vanilla super characters can go super. If disabled, nobody can go super.
  • instantrespawn <on/off>: Respawns the player instantly when they die, 0 wait time. (Co-op/singleplayer only)
  • classicsuper <on/off>: Jumping will automatically turn you super when the player is elligble to do so.
  • classicshields <on/off>: Changes all SRB2 Monitors to their S3K equivalents.
  • classicspecialstage <on/off>: Replaces emerald tokens with the ability to enter the special stage if the player clears w/ 50 rings.
  • superhover <on/off>: Toggles whether or not Super Sonic can use the hover ability.
-- Netplay, Admin, Misc. Stuff --
  • mmtdebugger <on/off>: enables various debugging tools, used for both MMT and for other developers to use.
    Extra options: enablehud, disablehud; enableprint, disableprint
    If using the HUD functionality, pressing Custom 2 will toggle debug information regarding player stuff, such as player.mo.state and player.pflags values.
  • banskin: <value>: Adds skin to a banlist, prohibiting players from selecting them.
  • unbanskin: <value/all>: removes skin from ban list, allowing usage of them again. Specify "all" to remove all from the banlist.
  • toggleafk <on/off>/<15-90/disabletimer>: sets the player into an AFK mode; alternate argument is used as an automatic timer to be put AFK.
    Options: options: on, off, disabletimer, exitdisable, exitenable, number between 10 and 90
  • charability <CA1> <CA2>: Changes the player's main ability, and secondary ability. (admins only)
    Options: fly, glide, homing, swim, doublejump, float, slowfall, telekinesis, fallswitch, jumpboost, airdrill, jumpthok, bounce, twinspin
    Secondary options: spindash, gunslinger, melee
  • mmtdefaults: changes everything related to MMT back to default variables.
  • orderpizza+: -size <value> -address <value> -toppings <value>: order a pizza!
-- ???????? --
  • orderpizza: -size <value> -address <value> -toppings <value>: order an ordinary pizza!

There will be many more features in the future, my current plans are listed out in the lua script itself if you're interested.

Don't be afraid to bug report in the replies, even if you find like, a hundred of them! Even with real bugs--actually don't, that's off-topic unfortunately. If you do bug report, please provide what other addons you had on, if you were in multiplayer, and provide each step you did so I can diagnose the problem easier. Saying "x does not work" and leaving it at that is not helpful.
I do also accept suggestions, however this does not mean I will include them for any number of reasons.

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:

v4.0
  • New functions that v2.2.1 introduced has been added in. If you haven't updated SRB2 to v2.2.1, be sure to do that, this script will NOT function in v2.2.0!
  • New tweak: supershield! This allows the shield to be rendered when the player goes super; I always found it off that the shield didn't render while super, so I made this.
  • The ordinary orderpizza command now responds to the size value. The bigger the pizza, the faster it is, you best watch out.
  • Gave Tailsball a unique sound effect.
  • Finally added closed captions to the sound effects.
  • Buffed dropdash's speed again. To counter-act this a bit, the momentum speed bonus for the drop dash has been nerfed.
  • New function used for stuff like skincolor and the button commands for superkey/cancelsuper; the code has been massively reduced, and will now accept any of the constant values SRB2 has; meaning if an SRB2 update adds any new skincolors or button commands, they'll be automatically accepted by this script.
  • superkey/cancelsuper works a bit better now, a new exception has been added to ensure you weren't holding the spin key while on the ground.
  • Removed debugging text that *might* have appeared when using super trail.
  • Huge rewrite to handling how multiplayer/singleplayer stuff is handled, it's now much more efficient in how things are handled and detected.
  • Fixed superhover not being disabled when turning it off in multiplayer.
  • Fixed charability not changing the names provided on command input if you changed skin mid-level.
  • Fixed recurl being able to be used on special stages; didn't cause any conflicts of note, but it did play the spin sfx when leaving a special stage while holding spin down.
  • Fixed scorecontinues erroring out when set to on in a special stage.
  • Fixed Metal Sonic being able to use recurl after using their float ability.
  • Fixed orderpizza being able to kill the player multiple times.
v3.1
  • Made compatible with SRB2 v2.2.1. In the future, this will no longer work with v2.2.0, so be sure to update when it's time!
    The reason for this is that the script will use the new "PlayerThink" feature. Why? Because yes.
  • Added special exception for tailsball and recurl to not work on the Eggpack character.
  • Fixed mmtdefaults not working on the latest two tweaks added recently.
  • Fixed tailsball being used on player bots (e.g. sonic & tails mode in singleplayer)
  • Fixed scorecontinues working in special stages, when that's not nessecary.
  • Finally fixed supertrail, now tails, metal sonic, and any other character with a follow item will now have the correct amount of ghosting effects in place.
  • Made recurl only work on characters that can spindash.
  • Of note: This is compatible with the previous verison of mmtsettings, there's no need to update it.
v3.0
  • This was initially supposed to be another re-write of MMT, but...didn't come to fruition because there's so much code lol. Not much I can do to make this code compact anyways, but I did try!
  • New tweak: infinitelives! Just let's you enable infinite lives in singleplayer, that's all.
  • ?????: orderpizza...I thought we already had this command?
  • And finally, another tweak: scorecontinues, which gives you a continue if you score above 25,000 points.
  • classicshields now swaps out your current shield if you're holding one! This is dependent on what monitor you hit, before or after using the command.
  • Recurl can now be activated when pressing "jump", however the option of "spin" is still used by default.
  • Re-written dropdash somewhat, should be better now.
  • Buffed dropdash by a little bit, base speed is increased, and when super/using super sneakers, the speed of the drop dash increases by quite a bit.
  • Sped up the dropdash's animations by a little bit.
  • Fixed superhover, now it should work without any hitches.
  • Fixed? a bug w/ dropdash, where if you let go of spin at the very last second, sonic would be spinning in his standing animation. I say fix, but I can't even get this bug to be replicated reliably.
  • Fixed the "superkey off" functionality.
[/LIST]
Unfortunately due to how lua scripting is set up, any changes made via command line can not be saved at the moment. If you wish to make the changes permanent, rename the file and make your changes to the variables found at the top of the document!

Known problems/bugs:
Spoiler:
  • Players in AFK mode can be carried around.
If you're a mod maker and you wish to detect if this mod is loaded...
You can check for the presence and value of "mmtVersion", for this is a value that's been put in _G. Do something like this:
Spoiler:
Code:
if mmtVersion
--your code here, ofc you can optionally do "else" for your own code
end

What is "mmt_settings.lua"?
Spoiler:
This is something that allows you to change MMT's settings before it's loaded! Due to constraints given to SRB2's Lua Scripting, it is not possible to save changes made to custom console variables.

However, using this script, it is possible to change the settings upon loading MMT! Just download the file, plop it into your text editor of choice, and read the instructions at the top. Make sure to keep it up to date with the latest version of MMT, otherwise it won't work!

Do note that you do not need to download this for MMT to function, it's just a supplemental file used for ease of life!
WARNING
This addon has not been tested when hosting a game via the in-game multiplayer menu. Previous versions have experienced errant issues, such as tailsball causing the host player to react when other players use it.
It is highly recommended that you a dedicated server by opening the program via -dedicated, so that scripting conflicts like this do not occur!

Download Now

File Type: pk3 VL_ManyMinorTweaks-v4.0.pk3 (149.9 KB, 108 views)
File Type: lua mmt_settings - v4.0.lua (6.7 KB, 70 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	tailsball.gif
Views:	494
Size:	6.13 MB
ID:	24293   Click image for larger version

Name:	everysuper and cancelsuper.gif
Views:	401
Size:	7.25 MB
ID:	24294   Click image for larger version

Name:	preserveshield.gif
Views:	384
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	24295   Click image for larger version

Name:	tokentorings.gif
Views:	303
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	24829   Click image for larger version

Name:	tailsball bop.gif
Views:	234
Size:	6.55 MB
ID:	25095  

Name:	banskin.png
Views:	370
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	25097   Click image for larger version

Name:	toggleafk.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	25255   Click image for larger version

Name:	totalrings.png
Views:	252
Size:	651.7 KB
ID:	25682   Click image for larger version

Name:	supertrail.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	26016   Click image for larger version

Name:	recurl.gif
Views:	115
Size:	4.91 MB
ID:	26124  

Name:	srb20093.gif
Views:	99
Size:	4.13 MB
ID:	26253  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 01-10-2020   #42
carlrev

Can you fix the mod that any time you change the super key to another button, to make it say "PRESS CUSTOM1" or "PRESS JUMP" (for example) instead of "PRESS SPIN" on the Special Stage results screen after getting all the emeralds?
Old 01-10-2020   #43
Pyrakid Wolfo

Ha, I know you're going to add "disable super sonic music" to the console commands at one point, so I am inb4 it happens.
Pyrakid Wolfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020   #44
birbhorse
local eevee petter

Unfortunately, that's out of the scope of this modification. To me knowledge, that text isn't easily editable; if it can be modified with something like, say, SOC, I'd need to know how to make lua scripts talk to SOC first, and that sounds like an impossibility.

Unless it can be modified via lua, or isn't impossible to get SOC and lua to communicate variables, in which case heck me I guess I'll give it a shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlrev View Post
Can you fix the mod that any time you change the super key to another button, to make it say "PRESS CUSTOM1" or "PRESS JUMP" (for example) instead of "PRESS SPIN" on the Special Stage results screen after getting all the emeralds?
This was actually a feature I tried to implement previously, but I gave up when I realized that the function used for speeding up music didn't work for the digital music the game uses. I might give it another go some time, even if I can't speed up the music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrakid Wolfo View Post
Ha, I know you're going to add "disable super sonic music" to the console commands at one point, so I am inb4 it happens.
birbhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020   #45
carlrev

Can Super be enabled by default?
Old 01-11-2020   #46
Elyos03

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlrev View Post
Can Super be enabled by default?
Last time I checked, it is.
Spoiler:
DO NOT look into my oldest posts. They now make me cringe like and YouTuber watching its very first video.
Elyos03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020   #47
carlrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyos03 View Post
Last time I checked, it is.
No, like, when I first got the mod, I could not transform on command. Instead, I had to go to Pandora's Box and enable it from there.
Old 01-11-2020   #48
Elyos03

No, no. It IS enabled by default. If you have all the emeralds, the 'Enable Super Form' is still unchecked in Pandora's Box, even if you're Sonic or Metal. But if you go super, it's checked out of nowhere. Trust me, I've seen it all.
Spoiler:
DO NOT look into my oldest posts. They now make me cringe like and YouTuber watching its very first video.
Elyos03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020   #49
carlrev

Quote:
No, no. It IS enabled by default. If you have all the emeralds, the 'Enable Super Form' is still unchecked in Pandora's Box, even if you're Sonic or Metal. But if you go super, it's checked out of nowhere. Trust me, I've seen it all.
I boot up the game with my 100% save file and I still can't transform. I know you said that if you go super, it will be checked out of nowhere. But that's the problem. I can't go super, even with all the emeralds active. I can't transform to check the option in the first place.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Never mind. You were right. I had an edited version...

Last edited by carlrev; 01-11-2020 at 04:10 AM.
carlrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020   #50
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Is Super Amy not supported? I tried transforming as her only to find I couldn't.
Old 01-11-2020   #51
birbhorse
local eevee petter

Huh, you're right. I have no clue why Amy keeps breaking, considering I have checked multiple time for her. I'll pump out the first bugfix patch to address this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
Is Super Amy not supported? I tried transforming as her only to find I couldn't.
Old 01-11-2020   #52
Pyrakid Wolfo

You mean you want the music to be sped up when in super? I think super music would just not play. Speed Sneakers should speed up music tho.
Old 01-11-2020   #53
carlrev

Is it possible to edit the character descriptions in the game? I tried it once but it either doesn't show up at all or it appears as a second character (like when I edit a character desc., it only appears as a COPY of the character).

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
Maybe, you have other mods enabled. I tried it with mine and it works. Or go into the main script and see if allsuper is on.
Old 01-12-2020   #54
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

I'm using the latest version alone and the mod creator has confirmed the bug
Old 01-13-2020   #55
birbhorse
local eevee petter

And now, another update!
For in case you missed it, 1.0a addressed the issue with amy's super form not working, and ofc that bugfix is in this update too.

This update introduces classicshields, which replaces all the SRB2 monitor's found in the level with the S3K equivalent monitors! On top of that, mmtdefaults has been changed to now allow players in multiplayer to revert back to default settings there, and unbanskin all allows admins to unban all skins found in the ban list (hopefully nobody makes a character called "all" any time soon)

To top it all off, toggleafk now has a new function, where by default a timer is enabled for 60 seconds, where after 60 seconds of inactivity, the player is set AFK. Along with that, any players in AFK mode is set to the exit state, so that if everybody else has completed the level, any AFK players won't drag everybody else behind.

Enjoy!
Old 01-13-2020   #56
Pyrakid Wolfo

add classic shields to list of commands?
Old 01-13-2020   #57
SMSGARDIAN
AkitotheHedgy

Aight something tells me its ether a coincidence we are making the same stuff or your just copying. I'm not sure, so I can't say my answer yet.
Old 01-13-2020   #58
carlrev

Quote:
Yes. I think that would benefit, yes.
Old 01-13-2020   #59
birbhorse
local eevee petter

Oh whoops, done. I'm a silly. Just a reminder that mmthelp displays all commands!
Quote:
Not entirely sure what you're talking about, the only stuff you've released is every character goes super (in which it feels like every lua script has that on this forum lol), and multi-ability, which isn't a part of this script.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSGARDIAN View Post
Aight something tells me its ether a coincidence we are making the same stuff or your just copying. I'm not sure, so I can't say my answer yet.
Old 01-13-2020   #60
Pyrakid Wolfo

Also try fixing the shield abilities. The electric spark from the electric shield did damage in 3&K if i'm correct. Make sure the shields reflect certain projectiles. Flame Dash seems like a thok. Bubble Shield lets you move a bit more in 3&K if i'm correct. And I'd have to make flame shield sprites, as the flame dash looks off. It's also kinda annoying that you cant kill all those enemies in gfz1. *If* there's a flame shield in dsz it has a short life span.
There's no "Shield"... as in the Sonic 1 shield. I want it back.
Suggestion: Add the elemental shields (and shield) instead of replacing IF POSSIBLE .
Also do you think a transparent life icon mod would *fit* in this type of mod?
Also I was told that because of hardcoding reasons, you CANNOT have tails life icon be behind Sonic's when selecting Sonic & Tails / You CANNOT have the bot's life icon show up in the life icon. Which is a shame if so.
Sorry if this is offtopic.
Old 01-13-2020   #61
Pyrakid Wolfo

Also in Mania you get to bounce while keeping most, if not all of your momentum.