SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Custom Gametypes

Deathrun! Details »»
Deathrun!
Version: 0.2, by TaZer_StarSpyPlayer4 (StarManiaKG) TaZer_StarSpyPlayer4 is offline
Developer Last Online: Oct 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (1 votes - 2.80 average)
Released: 05-19-2020 Last Update: 07-12-2020 Favourites: 3
Multiplayer Levels SOCs Scripts Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics Is in Beta Stage

Getting bored during this time when we're all indoors? Well look no further. This map brings a new Gamemode called DeathRun! What do you do? You run through the map avoiding the (invisible to the Runners Team) trap buttons! At the end, you use your amazing aiming in Ringslinger to take them down!

Enjoy!

Spoiler: Creation
This map pack began in the works around the time I was making a big Single Player and Multiplayer Level Pack Mod. My friend was making it, so i decided to help him with it. This map started out really small, and grew into this big map right here! I was going to wait until i finished 3 maps to release this, but since one of the maps I wanted to make uses 2.1's Axis 2D, and because a lot of 2.1 mods don't work with 2.2, I decided to just work on the one new map and just release this map instead for the public, until Axis 2D for 2.2 comes out!

CHANGELOG

Spoiler:

Version 0.1: Initial Release

Version 0.2: After disappearing for a month or two I decided to update this mod again, and will continue to do so in the next few weeks. The first part of three updates I'm planning is already here, Version 0.2. This update improves that old broken lua system from before, adds new features, and fixes bugs as well. In the next update, I plan to include some new things, which include:
Spoiler:
Maybe A new map? Ability Nerfs and Cooldowns will definitely be included as well for one, as well as some bug fixes and features as well, if I can think of some good ones.
Stay tuned, and thanks for playing deathrun!

Download Now

File Type: zip ZML_DeathRun_Level-v0.2.zip (98.1 KB, 180 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20002.gif
Views:	846
Size:	7.83 MB
ID:	31801   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20004-min.gif
Views:	576
Size:	6.93 MB
ID:	31802   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20003-min.gif
Views:	386
Size:	4.39 MB
ID:	31803  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 08-12-2020   #2
D00D64
Probably Responsible

alright, its been... about 3 months by now. As long as a match can finally be finished without any actual error messages or anything like that, its fine. It can go into releases now.
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020   #3
Gameobatts
"Hat Boi" in netgames.

ooo
this looks pretty cool to play around with
Gameobatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020   #4
AxewDragon
Idiot Zoraxua

This gamemode.. Doesn't work with more than two people. I tried to host this earlier with a server size of about 7.
Whenever one person on blue dies, the entire game ends for everyone, going right to intermission.
It seems completely random being able to change teams.. And even then, doing so seems to, end the game for everyone too.
These two options are, immensely lethal for playing in groups more than four.
However, personally I don't think this, works with how it's set up. That sounds confusing, right, so let me explain.

Abilities are immensely overpowered, being able to skip nearly, all the level. This cooldown thing doesn't seem to, do anything from what I've attempted but even if it did, I personally don't think it'd be fair for Blue Team, since the whole things is that you have 1 life and no power, making it an incredibly tough challenge, which, at least in my opinion, is the point.
Team Balancing, it really has to go. Having more balanced out teams is, a big no for this mode. It can make it, incredibly unfun for Red Team as now many players will, just not have anything to do. Perhaps 12-1 Blue - Red?
The (As of the time of posting, only) Map included.. Feels a bit short, and somewhat confusing. Most of it can just be skipped over using Gliding or Floating, etc. The map seems it would end quickly, regardless of if one person died or not. And the ending..? I did not understand the ending, at all. From what I assume.. Red team would have to push a button to allow Blue Team to win? But if that's so, why? Couldn't Red just stall out the timer and then avoid a loss as a result? Some traps also have the chance to break or never work again or, sometimes work again? The falling one with two buttons, couldn't you just keep the platform down and not respawn it? If you want an effect to be reusable more, reliably, I suggest using a fof as the button instead, having it lower past the floor and then rise back up after a delay.

I do believe these problems are, holding it back from being, playable. Which, sucks, Deathrun is an incredibly fun mode when done right, and was one of my favourite modes back in my TF2 days. It seems harsh of me to just type so much about, why it doesn't work. But trust me when I say that, this comes from passion to see SRB2 deathrun become, something as incredibly fun as TF2, which although it is unfair to compare the games because they're, very different, speaking from experience of the dumb messes that I've made, I think it's definitely possible to make this, amazing. But as for now, unfortunately, it's broken.

I hope to see this mode improve. And, apologies if this post seems messy.
AxewDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020   #5
TaZer_StarSpyPlayer4
StarManiaKG

Default Hi Again/New Update

So, here I am again. AxewDragon, I want you to know I listened to your requests and reports, and I'm going to do my best to implement and fix them as best as I can. I also hope that part 1 of these three updates hopefully fixes some of the issues you had with this map pack at the beginning. For now, enjoy!