Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
A few things I noticed from hosting and such:

Revive, uh, doesn't work. Using it spews out an error, and then it ceases to try and function afterwards
Lua/KH_Command.lua:96: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Another thing is the Homing Thok. It's, pretty unusable on bosses now due to the change in thier, functionality.. At least, I think.
srb20028.gif

And one final issue is that I noticed is that Callie, SMS and Eggman, whereas they do have stats, they don't have a character Icon for the HUD. Although SMS and Eggman, just don't have one, Callie does, however when I checked for such I noticed the sprite it was calling to was "KH_CALLIE" when the sprite is called "KH_CALLI".

That's about it for bugs, can't wait to see what this becomes in the future. The idea of custom spells and possibly another use for the drive counter outside of a ring count without the emeralds could be very interesting, but you should take this all at your own pace!

-
Edit: A bit more stuff to say:

When going from one level to another in Co-op, it seemingly always spews out an error.
Lua/KH_Health.lua:453: This can only be used in a level!

Due to Sonic now having a Homing Thok, Super Sonic can no longer hover with spin.

Sometimes, seemingly randomly, the information dialogue that appears at the start of levels will just, not work. I can't tell why it doesn't.

And if entering the Stations of Awakening in Co-op, the text for other plays saying the host is selecting the stage (When other players are there) seems to also cover the host's screen. In addition, sometimes the difficulty menu persists to other stages afterwards, still exclusive to Co-op.

Sorry about the edit, but I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Revive, uh, doesn't work. Using it spews out an error, and then it ceases to try and function afterwards
Lua/KH_Command.lua:96: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Woops, I can see exactly why that's the case. When I commented out Blizzard, I failed to change the others so that their check took into account their new position. That's something I'm fixing in the new patch.

Another thing is the Homing Thok. It's, pretty unusable on bosses now due to the change in thier, functionality.. At least, I think.
View attachment 33946

Well, right now, I can't think of a better way to do it without ripping the Homing Attack out of someone else's code or something.

And one final issue is that I noticed is that Callie, SMS and Eggman, whereas they do have stats, they don't have a character Icon for the HUD. Although SMS and Eggman, just don't have one, Callie does, however when I checked for such I noticed the sprite it was calling to was "KH_CALLIE" when the sprite is called "KH_CALLI".

Yeah, I don't yet have good sprites to use as the headshots for Buttnic, and hadn't added SMS's one. As for Callie, that's a derp on my behalf.

Speaking of derps, I also had a misaligned Fang hud sprite, but that's fixed now as well.

When going from one level to another in Co-op, it seemingly always spews out an error.
Lua/KH_Health.lua:453: This can only be used in a level!

Ah, because I check for a mo. I didn't get a chance to really check netgames that much, but now I've sorted that out. I hope.

Due to Sonic now having a Homing Thok, Super Sonic can no longer hover with spin.

That's something which is basically just the side effect of me using Homing Thok instead of the normal Thok.

Sometimes, seemingly randomly, the information dialogue that appears at the start of levels will just, not work. I can't tell why it doesn't.

Might be if an item was picked up near the end of the last level. I'm fixing that.

And if entering the Stations of Awakening in Co-op, the text for other plays saying the host is selecting the stage (When other players are there) seems to also cover the host's screen. In addition, sometimes the difficulty menu persists to other stages afterwards, still exclusive to Co-op.

Ah, I see why that might be the case - partly due to how I did the checks. I've managed to fix them now, and so it shouldn't be an issue.

By far one of the most fun I've had with a mod in a long time, I would love to see some more stuff added to this
More Custom Character support
Levels made for this mod
More attacks, both physical and magic attacks
And just more stuff in general
Keep up the good work!

That's something which is basically just the side effect of me using Homing Thok instead of the normal Thok.

I did a script a few days ago that makes a character have Super Sonic's Hover with any jump ability. I could share it with you if you want. (TeriosSonic#4976 on Discord)

I think this mod is really cool, and adds a new level of depth to srb2. But in my experience, the mod absolutely tanks the fps. More so after Techno Hill. On zones like Castle Eggman, I can normally play without the fps tipping below 30. But when this mod is enabled, im lucky if I can get even 10 fps.

I think this mod is really cool, and adds a new level of depth to srb2. But in my experience, the mod absolutely tanks the fps. More so after Techno Hill. On zones like Castle Eggman, I can normally play without the fps tipping below 30. But when this mod is enabled, im lucky if I can get even 10 fps.

You're not the only one here who has this problem.

I doubt I can exactly fix that without turning KHBlast into an EXE mod. I have tried to lessen it by trying to make it where certain things would only do the checks if the mobj is of the right type, but the lag is still there. I'd possibly need to find a way to optimise the code in order to reduce the lag, especially with zones like Castle Eggman. That, or make the jump to making this an EXE mod, although if I was to do that, I would need to make a completely new campaign which works with KHBlast's gameplay.

Anyways, I have decided to add in a modified version of the Starpost Rewards Lua, which adds in the ability to gain RP and/or XP as a potential reward from a starpost. If this proves to be a bit too OP, I will remove it, or at least tweak it so that it'll work better.

This is my new favorite mod and it's fantastic, but I've found a problem. Due to underwater physics and shortened invincibility, the Jet Jaws can combo you forever until you drown. Other than that issue, so far this mod is amazing.

H E L P

The mod is fun, but I hate the bosses. At least the goop one, mainly because this stuff happens.
The i-frames are fucking horrid. When you fall into lava, spikes etc, you will be punished horribly. Please fix it.

Attachments

• srb20213.gif
    srb20213.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 255
Last edited:
This mod is such a clever concept. I enjoy it in it’s current state but I have a few things to note:

I feel that Magic Items should match the character who uses them.

Maybe make ‘Haste’ only available to speed characters, Armageddon Shield for power characters and the double shield for flight types since they take the most damage.

It would give each character advantages based on their weaknesses. Having Speed characters being able to create distance between enemies with the Speed Shoes, having the power characters to be granted an Armageddon shield does they can take out hoards of enemies when cornered and allowing flight characters to be able to take an extra hit without losing HP, allowing them to flee from the area,

I’m not sure if it’s possible but it would also add a lot to the gameplay if with each level increase, it will specifically increase the players strength. Sonic’s speed, Knuckles glide speed, Tails’ flight time, Amy’s hearts range etc.

I also really like how this mod lets you find clever and unconventional ways to defeat bots. I never realized how much distance and accuracy with the think mattered until I played this mod. Maybe for higher difficulties, you could make enemies more aggressive or even increase their speed to make things a bit more different than just giving them more health.

You have a great idea here with this mod. I can’t wait to see where else you take it!

Last edited:
This is incredibly good of a mod, but there's only a couple problems I constantly run into.

- Enemies grant drive charge on hit, but that is directly attached to rings so its incredibly easy to ensure a perfect bonus, allowing you to hit lvl 20 by the end of GFZ2.

- Lag seems to be related to the ring count in levels... Making levels like DSZ literally unplayable.

Poyo.

Also Imma try to play as kirby. Because. Poyo.

---------- Post added 10-09-2020 at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-08-2020 at 11:45 PM ----------

I was wondering when the next update is coming. Lol

I had a few ideas that I would like to share with you if you want to you can implement them into this amazing mod.

[Put your own twist!]

Now the leveling system isn't bad at all tbh. But I was thinking what about making a way where lets say you reach level 10. You unlock a new magic move.

The moves I seen already, I have put them in catagories poyo.

Atk - Fire! Thunder!

Buff - Haste! Aero!

Support - Cure! Revive!

These can be upgraded and I have a few ideas for magic moves. But first lets stick to the leveling system.

Every level upgrades stats and so far I experienced with the admin mod. and the homing thok/thok seemed way more powerful when at Level 99 but where does it start? Level 50? Not sure. Poyo.

Now that we covered the very short idea of the leveling system. here comes my favorite idea.

More Magic Moves!

Some Ideas I have are like freeze, or somethin like slash. more moves y'know?

They have certain buffs and such but you dont have to do that. Just want (your choice) to see more variety. You could implement some telekinesis move where you throw rocks or other enemies poyo.

Buffs. So far I think maybe something not too op. I was thinking of a bubble shield or fire shield option, but. that would be too op. So I thought of Final Fantasy Sonic. What if you can trade some of the "MP" for Drive or HP instead. but the cost would be way more higher because well drive is pretty powerful.

Now Im not sure if this mod works good on multiplayer, but if so.... poyo.

You could add buffs like up Strength for like 10 secs or 5 secs. Lol.

Or up someone's DEF.

I can see that this mod has a lot of potential and I bet you do too ^^ But remember to take your time. Please do. Either way the mod is enjoyable. These changes aren't expected from me and I don't want to force so much on you. poyo. I just thought maybe I could help with the thinking part.

So dont take this as like Bad Critisim or your mod is bad cause its really not.

Just thought I could share my ideas poyo.

Thanks for reading this, if you are reading this. NOW LET ME CONTINUE MY QUEST TO GET ALL 7 EMERALDS FOR MY HYPER DRIVE! (I have hyper abillities so thats why I call Hyper Drive poyo.)

I like it but here are my criticisms

1- the enemies take too long to kill, the with the enemy selection it makes it less than desirable to want to it. i also think this pack's true potential can be strengthened by a level pack made specifically for this mod [with new levels, new gameplay plot, and new enemies]

2- i dont understand why tails has more magic power than amy. amy being weak despite carrying a HAMMER also doesn't make much sense to me. amy should have higher power/defense and higher magic, imo, because she holds a hammer and her character actually has a connection to magical things like tarots and psychic phenomenon unlike tails.

God, I wish I had a better PC to run this.

Fantastic mod, nevertheless! Quick question though, how can change the current spell I want to use?

Edit: Never mind. You need to use the mouse scroll.

Last edited:
god, i wish i had a better pc to run this.

Fantastic mod, nevertheless! Quick question though, how can change the current spell i want to use?

Edit: Never mind. You need to use the mouse scroll.

i forgot a "you"

Well, this has been one heck of a ride, and now, it's time to talk about the future of KHBlast.

You see, one of the reasons why I made KHBlast was because SRB2P was not yet in a fully playable state, at least, not to the point where there was a public demo of it out. That, combined with my love of the Kingdom Hearts series, was what led to me creating KHBlast in the first place, among other things.

But now, SRB2P is out, at least in demo form, and looking back, I will admit that KHBlast, as it stands right now, has some flaws. This includes the lag which it experiences in the Castle Eggman and Deep Sea Zones, and the fact that the base SRB2 maps are not designed with KHBlast in mind.

Does this mean that I'm going to give up on KHBlast though? Not in the slightest. You see, now that SRB2P is out, seeing it really inspires me to want to improve KHBlast into its own thing. Although it will be much too big of an undertaking for a single person to develop. Especially as my skills are more in the coding side of things, and not the map making side.

While I do like the command menu system I have, so far it's fixed and uses RP instead of how MP normally works in normal KH games. As such, I may either decide to make it where the command menu is similar to RE:Coded, BBS and 3D and have the commands charge up over time, or change the RP system to a MP system, and allowing Rings to charge up MP as well as DP, as well as including the ability to use magic when the MP cost would either depleat or overdepleat the remaining MP, putting the character into MP Recharge (where Drive gains would be doubled at the very least) - either way, I will take a leaf out of SRB2P's book in a sense, as well as following some suggestions, and have each character have their own Command Menu skills.

Another thing I really want to include is a more KH-style adventure, although more in the KH3 style of things for the level areas. This would mean making new levels from scratch, which would allow for the bosses to better work with the KHBlast mechanics, due to how some bosses might not be easy with them - I'm looking at you, Castle Eggman Zone. I am also toying with the idea of minidungeons in the style of Coded's Bug Portals as well.

Finally, while the HUD does currently work well, it could do with an overhaul to give it its own style rather than being somewhat based on Days' HUD in terms of the health bars. Especially if I change up how the Command Menu works.

Don't know if it's just me, but in the BuddyEx addon you can have 3 characters at the same time (you can also have Sonic, Tails and Knuckles as a default selection like with Sonic and Tails) and in that addon the AI characters attack by themselves when they are near to an enemy.
In this addon we only have the option of Sonic and Tails, which is the Vanilla Character Selection, and Tails doesn't attack nearby enemies by himself, I'm also dissapointed we don't have the option of Team Sonic, considering it would be good to have the full Party like in average KH games
Out of that, it's a great addon for a single character, it's just that I was waiting for my partner to do something if he's gonna have a Health Bar, then again, I don't know if I'm not playing correctly or is it really that the AI was unmodified

Don't know if it's just me, but in the BuddyEx addon you can have 3 characters at the same time (you can also have Sonic, Tails and Knuckles as a default selection like with Sonic and Tails) and in that addon the AI characters attack by themselves when they are near to an enemy.
In this addon we only have the option of Sonic and Tails, which is the Vanilla Character Selection, and Tails doesn't attack nearby enemies by himself, I'm also dissapointed we don't have the option of Team Sonic, considering it would be good to have the full Party like in average KH games
Out of that, it's a great addon for a single character, it's just that I was waiting for my partner to do something if he's gonna have a Health Bar, then again, I don't know if I'm not playing correctly or is it really that the AI was unmodified
Here's a curious thing, this mod was released in the Message Boards before BuddyEX was a thing. Meaning that multiple bots with improved AI, as far as I know, wasn't exactly possible until the BuddyEX mod released?
Not only that, but this mod isn't exactly finished just yet; the odd lag problems are a testament to that, and I'd wager that problem takes priority over adding bots with better AI.
Who knows, maybe I'm missing something but that's what I know and believe so far.

Here's a curious thing, this mod was released in the Message Boards before BuddyEX was a thing. Meaning that multiple bots with improved AI, as far as I know, wasn't exactly possible until the BuddyEX mod released?
Not only that, but this mod isn't exactly finished just yet; the odd lag problems are a testament to that, and I'd wager that problem takes priority over adding bots with better AI.
Who knows, maybe I'm missing something but that's what I know and believe so far.
Indeed - back when I made it, BuddyEX wasn't something I knew of, possibly as it wasn't around. Plus, the mod is still in a kinda-Beta state, which is why I've only called the 'versions' as 'release candidates' - if I felt it was finished, I would give it a Final Version number or something.

And besides, I'm just one person. And I have other projects which I'm working on. Both of these have slowed down progress on this to a standstill, partly as I will admit that I haven't got the motivation to work on this for a while.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back