SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Resources

ESP: Extra Shields and Powerups Details »»
ESP: Extra Shields and Powerups
Developer Last Online: Aug 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (2 votes - 3.80 average)
Released: 07-31-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 2
Scripts Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

Yes, right now we have 3 powerups and 9 shields (more if you count already-released shield-adding mods) but that's not enough. We need MORE shields and MORE powerups! And I'm here to deliver 'em.

Extra Shields

Spoiler: Gravity Shield

Free yourself from the planet's pull with just the touch of a button! (getting hit will send you right back into the ground, however!)

Spoiler: Bubblegum Shield

Press Spin after jumping to create a bubble which will gently carry you to your destination. Press Jump while holding onto the bubble to pop it and jump off, in case you missed the next platform by just a bit.

Spoiler: Clock Shield

If you were able, would you go change the past?
To mend a faux pas, with one last chance...~

The Clock Shield's ability will warp you back to the point where you jumped, giving you another try if you miss a jump.

Extra Powerups

Spoiler: Combine Ring

Hailing from Knuckles' Chaotix, this powerup merges all your rings into one giant ring, making it much easier to get your bearings after taking a hit. Don't slack however, because this ring will burst if left unattended for too long.

Spoiler: Gold Rush

Turns you into an avaricious, insatiable monster... AKA it doubles the value of rings and ring monitors. You see the pic? Actually, the first line of rings in GFZ1 consists of 7 rings. Now imagine mixing this with the Attraction or Lightning Shields... Mmm...

Oh and I probably should mention it does not work with spilled rings. Law of conservation of mass, yo.

Spoiler: Spring Socks

Did you know that Sonic 2 was going to have a "Spring Monitor" at one point? Its intended effects are unknown, but it's speculated it would have boosted the player's jump in the same way it is boosted when Super... which also boosts the player's speed in the same way as the Speed Shoes, and makes them invulnerable like Invincibility does. Makes a lot of sense when you think of like that, right? So that's what I went with for this monitor.

Since tail-bouncing is also dependant on jumpfactor, Fang can go especially crazy with this powerup.

But how do I use all this stuff?

I used to have a sample map with the new things but I tossed that out since now there's a fancy new console command (below) that'll give you the power you want any time. There are also still the methods of using objectplace to spawn the monitors yourself (hint: after starting objectplace, use the Prev. Weapon key) and you can also add the monitors in yourself if you're making a map of your own. They use map thing numbers 423 to 429 (regular) and 453 to 459 (respawning).

Console Commands

Spoiler: Well, only one at the moment
  • esp - Gives a list of the extra powers. Use in conjuction with the following to gain the specified extra powerup at any time you want.
  • grav
  • gum
  • clock
  • combi
  • gold
  • socks

Known Issues

Spoiler: Unfortunately
  • The end of Invincibility or Speed Shoes can interrupt the Gold Rush and Spring Socks jingles. Probably fixable but the way the game handles jingles isn't really documented all that much and/or I'm too stoopid to figure it out. Actually I do know a solution but it's so caveman-like I'd rather not
  • Being carried (by a flying character, rotating chains, ACZ ropes, etc) makes the shield orb desync and follow behind the player. I have no idea why that happens.
  • None of the shields have passive abilities. Couldn't think up of anything, sorry!
  • The Bubblegum Shield doesn't have a special effect like Gravity's arrows and Clock's clock. Couldn't think of anything for that one either. Sorry again!
  • The Clock Shield sometimes warps you to somewhere in the middle of your jump, or somewhere below where you haven't been. Right now the Clock Shield uses an invisible object to be your return point - this is necessary because the shield would be useless around horizontally-moving platforms otherwise. But it can be quite finicky around edges, so try not to wait until the last possible tic to make your jumps.

Credits for the Gold Rush and Spring Socks songs are in the game's Sound Test.

Download Now

File Type: pk3 L_ESP-v1.pk3 (66.5 KB, 316 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20017.png
Views:	989
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	36042   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20018.png
Views:	982
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	36049   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20019.png
Views:	985
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	36050   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20020.png
Views:	970
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	36051   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20021.png
Views:	970
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	36052  

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20023.png
Views:	968
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	36053   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20022.png
Views:	967
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	36054  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
D00D64
Probably Responsible

Welcome to releases!
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Lolour

Very cool shield and powerup ideas! i like it!
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
XxLoverxX

I love this addon, great work :)
XxLoverxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
The_Oofer
so i exist

weird how it isnt in resources but havent checked it out yet
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
Netosilvagames
Le Dumbass

Holy crap i really liked the shields!