SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Custom Gametypes

[1.2] SRB2 Persona DEMO Details »»
[1.2] SRB2 Persona DEMO
Developer Last Online: Nov 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (10 votes - 4.80 average)
Released: 11-13-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 18
Characters Scripts Code Changes Sprites/Graphics Is in Beta Stage

Join the SRB2P Discord!
As per Discord TOS, anyone blatantly under 13 (That means acting like a child) will be banned without further regards.
The SRB2P modding doc!

SRB2Persona is a mod I've been working on with the help of a few friends every now and then for about 4 years now. The entire point was to recreate Persona's general gameplay into SRB2. Yeah, it doesn't get any stupider than that! It started off as a barely playable weird tech demo that would error about everytime we tried playing it. Honestly I was unsure whether or not it was going to ever be something playable or stay as a fever dream.
Yet here we are, today. After 3 entire rewrites and countless hours of testing over the course of 4 years, I have no idea how my motivation lasted me this long, but I'm happy to release the first SRB2Persona demo!

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Spoiler: If you ask any question that's answered here in this spoiler I will come to your house with a briefcase full of material and a bat. The bat is just for show.

Play the tutorial
I cannot stress this enough, even if you've played a Persona game before, I recommend you check it out.

5029 UDP.
That's the port you need to forward for people to join your hosted games. The method to portforward varies between ISPs so this one is on you to figure out, chief.

Netgame issues
It's nothing new that SRB2's netgames were never the most stable.
There is no guarantee that netgames with more than 8 players (or any amount for that matter, but bigger playercounts amplify the problems) stay stable forever depending on each individual player's connection.
Joining mid-game (after parties have been made) also frequently causes problems, so it's much better to make sure your lobby's all filled up with all the friends you wanted before confirming the parties. I have tried to the best of my ability to limit this issue to the maximum, but it still frequently occurs.
To limit mid-game joinings and the myriad of issues that come with them, there is no Master Server support, only LAN is supported for now. In other words, you need the host's IP to join

Singleplayer?
Outside of the tutorial, this demo of SRB2Persona offers absolutely no entierely singleplayer content (yet??), but you are free to play the Tartarus exploration & challenge battles by yourself however which recreates the intended feeling!

Modding?
There is modding support and custom characters can be added. Modding documentation for the mod will come at a later date. ...Or is it already out somewhere?

So, what's in the package?

Frantic turn based battles
Experience the flashy aesthetic of the Persona battle system, with a hint of Shin Megami Tensei buff system topping to add some flavour, alongside literally hundreds of available Persona skills and a varied selection of characters!
Find out and exploit your enemies' weaknesses to knock them down and get additional turns! Manage to knock them all down, and you can unleash the powerful All-Out Attack to deal massive damage and maybe just end the battle in a flash!
If you either finish a battle with an All-Out Attack, or within a single turn, you may even get a chance to get some more mileage out of it!

Dungeon crawling with up to 4... 8...? wait, 16 players!?
Crawl within the mazes of Tartarus. Ambush the Shadows impeding your way, earn EXP to get stronger and make your way up to and destroy the floor guardians with a party of 4... Or up to 4 parties of 4! (Nope there's no guarantee the netgame will even stay stable, do that at your own risk!)
...Just be careful not to spend too much time on a single floor, or bad luck awaits...

Fight it out in a 4V4 PvP duke out!
Experience the many intricacies of how stupidly unbalanced the battle system is by unleashing your most devious strategies on each other!

Test your skills on Challenge Battles!
Take on timed boss rematches and endless battles with up to 3 other players to set the best times and scores! Serves as a good training session to know what to expect from the many dangers of Tartarus!

FULL DOWNLOAD (v1.2):
An existing install of vanilla SRB2 2.2.8 or above is necessary for SRB2Persona to run. Put them in the same dedicated folder.

Windows
SRB2P files
SRB2P files (MIRROR)
Patch (v1.x -> v1.2)

MacOS
[URL=https://mega.nz/file/d5YyRJpR#ffS0GTqMol-AjRIeyfuMGjcs6VgWW95G2h82tOnuMa8SRB2P files (MACOS)[/URL]
Courtesy of Lach, please contact him if you encounter issues with the MacOS installation process.

Linux
No direct download available as of now, but Linux users have reported being able to compile and play SRB2P.
You can compile yourself from the source code.

Android
Unsupported. You are free to fork the source code and try making it yourself, but I do not intend to add Android support by myself.

Spoiler: Changelogs

• V1.0
    • Initial Release

• V1.1
    • Gameplay
      • Amy no longer has Recarm in PvP.

• Quality of Life
      • Added OpenGL menu options under Display settings
      • Added 'Return to Lobby' options in multiplayer escape menu
      • Custom battle music is now previewed in a prompt before being added in your list
      • When leveling up, you can now see the skill descriptions of your new skill and the skill you are about to forget

• Fixes...
      • Improved mid-game joining stability.
        • This is done by temporarily pausing the game to resynchronize the RNG which seems to be the cause of the issue.
        • I still don't recommend mid-game joining as I can't guarantee its stability.
      • Fixed Analysis being repellable by Makarakarn
      • Fixed duplicate Emerald Skills
      • Fixed being able to sustain critical hits during the tutorial, potentially softlocking it.
      • Fixed Succubus having an invalid skill.
      • Fixed enemies not disappearing if they had died from a repelled auto attack of theirs.
      • Fixed the Rampage Drive targetting dead players still.
      • Fixed the lives count displaying outside of Tartarus exploration mode if a session had been played beforehand
      • Fixed being able to create parties outside of Tartarus exploration
      • Fixed the complete inability to make custom challenge battles.

• V1.2
    • Gameplay
      • You now have 1/3 Max SP in PvP instead of 1/2.

• Fixes
      • Fixed being able to access the Sub-Persona menu with no Sub-Personas via the shortcut in Skills, resulting in errors.
      • Fixed invalid frames when reviving Knuckles or Shadow
      • Fixed Brainwash constantly resulting in the fallback 'dummy' Skill being used in 1.1
      • Fixed the camera jittering in some occasions, it should look a lot more fluid now.
      • Fixed a specific Challenge Battle not saving completion.
      • You can no longer set Enter as any of your keys in the menu and get softlocked.
      • Fixed status condition effects not playing sounds when they should.
      • Fixed Baton Pass' screen overlay not going away until the next turn started.

CREDITS
Spoiler: Credits

Sonic Robo Blast 2: Persona
Mod by Lat'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Mod credits:

Snu: General programming & graphics assistance
SoapSurfin: Titlescreen Sonic art
DylanNeyaz: Cut-ins
Q.T.D.: All-Out-Attack artwork
DaveLite: Evoker poses

LJ Sonik: PRNG library

Inazuma: Shadow The Hedgehog sprites
DrStephen: Dr. Eggman sprites
.Luke: Blaze The Cat sprites
(All permissions / re-usable content status check out)

Amicitia Comm: Persona 3/4 modding tools

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sonic Robo Blast 2 belongs to Sonic Team Jr.

LEGAL STUFF:
Sonic The Hedgehog is property of SEGA
Shin Megami Tensei / Persona is property of ATLUS / SEGA
No copyright infringement intended, this is a fan project meant as a love letter to some of my favourite game franchises ever.

THIS GAME SHOULD NOT BE SOLD!
This is a non-profit project! (In fact, I lose money!)

It's kind of surreal for me to finally release something like that after working on it for so long. Although there isn't exactly a ton of content to speak of, I'm still incredibly proud of myself for managing to pull that out and eternally thankful to those who have helped me make it this far, be it by their supportive words, their contributions to the mod, or their everlasting ability to break the shit out of the game to help me find and crush bugs.

Download Now

File Type: rar SRB2P_DEMO1.2.rar (53.26 MB, 1373 views)
File Type: rar SRB2P_PATCH1.2.rar (1.61 MB, 1176 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	SRB2P_WALLPAPER.jpg
Views:	12918
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	42026   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20311.gif
Views:	1600
Size:	4.94 MB
ID:	42028   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20534.png
Views:	12882
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	42029   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20005.png
Views:	527
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	42030   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20057.png
Views:	684
Size:	455.7 KB
ID:	42031  

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20073.png
Views:	12421
Size:	430.5 KB
ID:	42032   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20548.png
Views:	12595
Size:	727.7 KB
ID:	42033   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20065.png
Views:	12421
Size:	626.2 KB
ID:	42034   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20540.png
Views:	1009
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	42035   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20542.png
Views:	417
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	42036  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 1 Week Ago   #122
SIG7
The Gamerman

I like SRB2p, its just the tutorial is too long and

suggestions:
u can't skip dialouge or disable it, prob u can make it a feature if u want to, and also the tutorial is too long, and how do I spindash?

(Another thing, if u need another suggestion, Make the select button 2 buttons, like almost everything else, A but also enter prob as default. I accidentally made the enter button as my screenshot button when i first played by accident, i had to reinstall

https://discord.gg/uwZRkas https://discord.gg/enAhkBp
SIG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #123
SilverVortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIG7 View Post
I like SRB2p, its just the tutorial is too long and

suggestions:
u can't skip dialouge or disable it, prob u can make it a feature if u want to, and also the tutorial is too long, and how do I spindash?

(Another thing, if u need another suggestion, Make the select button 2 buttons, like almost everything else, A but also enter prob as default. I accidentally made the enter button as my screenshot button when i first played by accident, i had to reinstall
i mean, persona is pretty complicated, and even as someone who is experienced with the series i can say i'm hella grateful for the long tutorial (despite it only being five minutes long).

also you can't spindash that's just not something you can do
don't see why it matters anyway, since you will not be spending a lot of time navigating dungeons compared to the battle times. giving the characters jump abilities at all is probably the most we'll get on that end.
SilverVortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #124
Pyrakid Wolfo

In the .pk3 file it shows how persona stats are listed or something.
What I did for mine I just looked at cman's pk3 and saw like what lines of text were used to do what etc.
Old 6 Days Ago   #125
Wind The Boi
Nobody Cares

well this is extremely enjoyable,but i want to have the power of setting the battle music. it should not be hard,mostly because the game got a huge library of battle musics. it should be confortable to set the musics for players (and MAYBE master server support?)
Wind The Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #126
Pyrakid Wolfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind The Boi View Post
well this is extremely enjoyable,but i want to have the power of setting the battle music. it should not be hard,mostly because the game got a huge library of battle musics. it should be confortable to set the musics for players (and MAYBE master server support?)
You literally can set the battle music.

Also can we get the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGDa525fU20 for one of the themes
and be able to change shuffle time
and get https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBdlcNd0yXQ just because it is a boss battle theme, even if its only for full moon battles

you can even add music to the game yourself, and then make that a battle theme, so you could probably but sans megalovania or jevil "the world revolving" or whatever if you want to

You literally can just press pause, go into sounds, and change the battle music

Last edited by Pyrakid Wolfo; 6 Days Ago at 01:12 AM. Reason: You can literally change the battle music have you even played Persona 3 Demo for the Sonic Robo Blast 2 before?
Pyrakid Wolfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #127
Wind The Boi
Nobody Cares

thank you.
Old 6 Days Ago   #128
3Sonic33

Default how use noclip/objectplace in tartarus:

If you die in the tutorial (i try with the reapper) and press "Don't give up" the game will put you in the tartarus lobby. there you can go with noclip and go even further.
my record is floor 75 (without bosses).
3Sonic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #129
Tomokush
Crusty youtuber

Played this with a group and holy shit it's so fun trying to coordinate between 4 people and is so rewarding. I hope to see this mod grow into a full game it's genuinely a fun idea.
Old 6 Days Ago   #130
Lat'
Absolute territory where

Default SRB2P 1.2 Patch is now live!

Say hi to the 1.2 patch! And it's not alone!

There is now a 25 pages long modding doc for all you crazy people out there
Not everything is on there but it's pretty complete if you ask me...

And on top of that... The SRB2P Discord server is now open to the public!
Here you'll be able to find people to play with, and share your mods!
Be aware that as per Discord TOS, anyone who's blatantly under 13 will be banned without regards.

Oh right, the changelog, of course!
Spoiler: 1.2 Changelog

V1.2
  • Gameplay
    • You now have 1/3 Max SP in PvP instead of 1/2.

• Fixes
    • Fixed being able to access the Sub-Persona menu with no Sub-Personas via the shortcut in Skills, resulting in errors.
    • Fixed invalid frames when reviving Knuckles or Shadow
    • Fixed Brainwash constantly resulting in the fallback 'dummy' Skill being used in 1.1
    • Fixed the camera jittering in some occasions, it should look a lot more fluid now.
    • Fixed a specific Challenge Battle not saving completion.
    • You can no longer set Enter as any of your keys in the menu and get softlocked.
    • Fixed status condition effects not playing sounds when they should.
    • Fixed Baton Pass' screen overlay not going away until the next turn started.

Lat' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #131
RedySanic
Having a good time.

When i download the 1.2 patch it says virus detected
Old 6 Days Ago   #132
furrless
"i will play until i die"

this is fun as fuck! sad theres no fang though.
furrless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #133
Axolex53
Unknown person

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedySanic View Post
Same here, i'm getting this from Chrome, not my antivirus. And that doesn't allow me to download the 1.2 patch

+" That's Right! Only YOU can!"
Axolex53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #134
edgyman rev
ssnpet yooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedySanic View Post
This isn't a virus. I even downloaded the patch and put it in my SRB2 folder. This is a perfectly safe file.

Last edited by edgyman rev; 4 Days Ago at 06:37 PM.
edgyman rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #135
Lat'
Absolute territory where

If you're having issues with Chrome reporting the download as a virus, try getting the files from the Dropbox mirror on the OP instead.
Lat' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #136
Professor Sheepkitty

Wow, this mod is quite amazing! This is something that my friends and I will be spending quite a lot of time on, that's for sure!

We did discover one bug, however. (This was on 1.1, haven't tried to reproduce it on 1.2 yet.)

Spoiler:
We had completed the Tutorial, and then without exiting the game proper we switched from Software to OpenGL and went to play online together.

Once we were in Tartarus, the Persona UI simply disappeared, particularly in battle. We could select things still, but the menus and commands were invisible for all of us.

I managed to fix it for myself by exiting the game after switching between Software and OpenGL modes, and then starting the game up again. The crucial step is exiting the game first it seems; my friends swapped back to Software without exiting the game after that netplay attempt and the UI was still invisible for them while it showed up for me. Only after exiting the game and starting it again did the UI appear for them too.
Professor Sheepkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #137
TheKillerEmerald

so how do I get the update if I can't use the rar files? is the update some where in the mirror files?
TheKillerEmerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #138
juney

how do i fix this?
juney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #139
Flash Trickstar
Regrets User Name Choice

Got a sigsev upon completing the tutorial.
Old 4 Days Ago   #140
Flash Trickstar
Regrets User Name Choice

Also, will you please add Fang in? Feels odd(and it kinda hurts for those like myself who main him) to not have him in despite him being in base game and being the only base roster character to not be brought in. Plus it'd round out the roster to an even 10.
Old 4 Days Ago   #141
WaffleRaccoon
I like Waffles and Raccoons

Default Love this game!

I love this! 2 of my favorite game series are Persona and Sonic and having both combined is like Heaven! I'd really like to see Victory Animations. Also during a battle, the enemy kinda blocks the view when you're healing your teammates. Might need to fix that. But overall, the game is excellent!
WaffleRaccoon is offline   Reply With Quote