SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Kart Levels

Ivo Industries Track Pack V9.1.3 Details »»
Ivo Industries Track Pack V9.1.3
Developer Last Online: Oct 2020

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating: (7 votes - 4.43 average)
Released: 05-07-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 10
Multiplayer Levels Scripts Sprites/Graphics

Heyo, I am an IvoYaridovich. I used to be one of the more popular track creators back in the days when Modnation Racers was around on the PS3. So I saw this game flitting around on YouTube and I thought it might be worth it to get back into my track building ways to see if I can make some enjoyable things for people to play around with! Gotta admit that making the textures and assembling these tracks has been a joy thus far so I plan on making quite a few.

I'll arrange my tracks into cups, and do my best to keep them updated as I receive feedback on them to make them as enjoyable as possible. Without further ado, let's see what I have available. Updates coming as more becomes available! I'd also be happy to accept requests though I make no guarantees about to getting to any of them.

Splash Cup
Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0000.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	260.3 KB
ID:	33518Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0006.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	33524Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0010.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	33528Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0013.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	33531Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0162.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	37249
Spoiler:

Liquidation Circuit Zone (MAPU1)

A track that runs through a section of Chemical Plant Zone. This indoor track has sharp turns and calculated jumps avoiding Chemical Plant features. There's underwater sections and a room with conveyor belts that can speed you up or slow you down so keep an eye out! This track is fairly tight and will require some skill to keep off of the walls, but once you're familiar the track is only of moderate difficulty.

Name:	kart0001.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	33519Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0163.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	37241Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0003.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	33521

Canyon Cascade Zone (MAPU2)

This track loosely based on Mirage Saloon Zone has players following the same road between two points. Beware head on collisions with other players as you traverse this canyon oasis. With 4 laps on this shorter track, there are bound to be some interesting moments here! The track is fairly easy to navigate, your opponents will be the ones to make it hard.

Name:	kart0004.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	33522Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0005.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	33523Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0007.jpg
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	33525

Wave Dimension Zone (MAPU3)

The Special Dimension where Sonic retrieves the cyan Chaos Emerald has now been opened up for public races! Race around the emeralds hiding place, collecting blue spheres for lengthy boosts of speed! But be warned, once used the orbs do not return so manage this valuable resource wisely!

Name:	kart0008.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	33526Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0009.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	33527Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0011.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	33529

Ballistic Reef Zone (MAPU4)

The Death Egg has launched, and the showdown between Big Arms and Sonic has begun. So why not use the left behind Launch Base Zone as a race track while they do their thing. This track is a bit harder than the others, but it still remains a fair race. Plenty of sharp turns so quick thinking will be a must here.

Name:	kart0012.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	33530Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0014.jpg
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	33532Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0015.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	33533

Splashdown Zone (MAPU5)

A sprint track that has players rushing through Splash Hill Zone. Players start at the top and work their way down. Racers will enjoy high cliff sides, underwater caverns, and splitting alternate routes on their way to the end. The track gets progressively more difficult the closer to the end you get so don't let your guard down!

Name:	kart0160.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	37250Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0159.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	37247Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0161.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	37248

Showdown Cup

Name:	kart0047.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	34099Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0114.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	35339Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0155.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	37243

Spoiler:

Coming Soon: Tabloid Terrace Zone (MAPU6)

Name:	kart0313.gif
Views:	112
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	37251

Opulence Zone (MAPU7)
A zone of sheer indulgence into the sin of greed. Gold lines every accent of this luxurious palace, and it seems some racers are keen to smash their ways into a gold vault even Scrooge McDuck would love to take a swim in. Credits to Fayt for help with some of the texture work here, and the community for supplying the landscapes littering the track.

Name:	kart0054.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	34098Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0056.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	34100Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0057.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	34101

Motobug Motorway Zone (MAPU8)
The Motogang has taken over a portion of Green Hill Zone and made it into a motobug paradise. A winding track weaves through the hills. But don't let appearances deceive you, everything from badnik patrols to speed bumps will make your journey through this area quite perilous. Credit to Marsh for the motobug sprites for the enemies and audience, and the giant motobug billboard.

Name:	kart0115.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	35340Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0116.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	35341Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0117.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	35342

Lubrication Lagoon Zone (MAPU9)
Dr. Eggman requires a lot of oil to keep his robot army properly lubed and flexible. So why not open his oil refinery up to public racing. Watch out for patrolling Sols ready to burn you, and speed around this slippery refinery. Also features fans, slides, and quick sharp turns. Credit to Angular for lua codes used in this map.

Name:	kart0154.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	37242Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0156.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	37244Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0157.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	37245

Coming Soon™: Showtime Zone (MAPUA)

Permissions
I give permission for any of my tracks to be hidden from rotation via a server soc edit. People are allowed to choose to hide any of my tracks from their server for any reason they see fit.

Contributors
Spoiler:
Fayt: Various textures and flats
Callmore: Lua
Angular: Lua, and test hosting
Ashnal: Lua, and attempting to tech me Lua
Marsh: Various sprites and large high res billboards
Eldog: Dynamic Item Boxes
If I forgot anyone, just slap me upside the head on discord and what not.

Updates

Spoiler:
5/7/2020: Thread created. V1 Liquidation Circuit Added/Released
5/7/2020: V2 Canyon Cascade added. Baseball bat applied to Liquidation Circuit lighting and waypoints disciplined.
5/8/2020: V3 Liquidation Circuits checkpoints are finally getting it together. Minor alterations to gameplay in Liquidation Circuit and Canyon Cascade. Canyon Cascade banished to Hell.
5/8/2020: V3.1 Canyon Cascade rises back to the mortal realm from Hell. Gave the first checkpoint some cake to fatten it up so people can't miss it and cause problems. Thanks for the feedback Jartcast
5/9/2020: V3.3 Canyon Cascade checkpoints force fed to be twice as fat and hopefully can no longer be squeezed around by players. Canyon Cascade slopes made less punishing, and added a visual cue to the inside edge of the second slope to increase visibility. Liquidation Circuit has had parts widened, and a small ramp replaced by springbugs to avoid. Some visuals tweaked to normalize offroad section looks.
5/17/2020: V4 Splashdown Zone makes its official debut!
5/21/2020: V4.1 Sectors in Liquidation Circuit have been supplied with knives to shank wayward racers that don't belong in them. Canyon Cascade has gotten down with the tricks and is now 33% more compatible with Acrobatics. Missing signage and water has been located and put back in its proper position in Splashdown.
5/29/2020: V5 Ballistic Reef has been released. Splashdown Zone has been modified so a few sections that could unfairly kill you have been made much more fair. The visibility in the underwater section has also been increased. Encore Palettes have also been added for those that enjoy Encore Mode.
6/12/2020: V5.1 Liquidation Circuit has been opened up and now has sections with proper Chemical Plant not-sky. Canyon Cascade had the jump into U-turn made slightly easier. Splashdown had a slight tweak to the mind control algorithm that makes people constantly vote for it. Ballistic Reefs PolyObject would like you to know its happily committed to the death zone beneath it and would like to be called the MonogomyObject. Ballistic Reef has had some minor layout tweaks. All 4 tracks have received visual upgrades. I promise something new will be coming... eventually™
6/22/2020: V6.0 Wave Dimension Zone has been released. Liquidation Circuit has received entirely new visuals. Canyon Cascade received minor visual polish. Liquidation Circuit and Canyon Cascade have purged the overused mania music for more spunky remixes.
7/5/2020: V7.0 Opulence Zone makes its glitzy and glamorous appearance. The starting line positions for all tracks have been adjusted to be more consistent with... well... pretty much everyone except me. One pure and innocent sector in Wave Dimension has once again dug into the knife drawer and is once again lethally armed.
7/5/2020: V7.1 Quick update to fix a surprisingly easy to hit GBJ in Opulence I missed, plus some updates to Splashdowns texturing, things, and conveyance.
7/14/2020: 8.0 Motobug Motorway has been thrust upon the community. All glory to the Motogang! In addition, Splashdowns visual overhaul has been completed. Motobugs have replaced the Chao in Liquidation Circuit. Canyon Cascade had a minor texturing fix. Opulence Zone had an optimization fix.
8/16/2020: 9.0 Lubrication Lagoon slides into this track pack. Liquidation Circuit has been invaded by some new badniks and had its layout altered slightly. Wave Dimension had some visual upgrades and the gay babies have been released. Opulence Zone had its gold polished by about 20%. Motobug Motorway has had its lighting taught a lesson about how night works for its encore. Splashdown is about 10% Splashier. Canyon Cascade was informed of its death in V2, and is now depressed.

Current Update: 9/17/2020: 9.1.3 Mostly contains some shortcut friction removal with the 1.3 offroad change, and some minor visual updates. Splashdown Motobug hazards were taught to take a more predictable path as well. The super easy lawnmower cut in Ballistic Reef is just gone now. Saw too many gifs and videos of it being abused, SO I TOOK AWAY YOUR TOYS! SUFFER! MUAHAHA

Download Now

File Type: pk3 KRL_IvoIndustries-v9.1.3.pk3 (18.53 MB, 483 views)

Screenshots

Name:	kart0097.gif
Views:	184
Size:	4.64 MB
ID:	34103  

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 07-06-2020   #22
IvoYaridovich

Aaaand a quick update to 7.1 to fix a GBJ situation in Opulence that was surprisingly easy to get put into. Apologies to those that experienced it.

While I was at it I went ahead and updated Splashdown with new, larger chevron textures, replaced the section 1 trees with more Splash Hill appropriate ones, and made some minor geometry changes in a few specific areas. Plus I replaced the base game water textures with my own water. Enjoy!
IvoYaridovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020   #23
IvoYaridovich

8.0 has arrived. Following some changes due to the feedback from Jart, Motobug Motorway is open to the public. Go forth and wreck Green Hill Zone.
Old 07-19-2020   #24
Lynk
The Black Hunter

Splashdown Zone is definetly my favorite
Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020   #25
ThunderFlame

https://imgur.com/eLnXEaR Respawn issue that results in a softlock in Motobug Motorway.
ThunderFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020   #26
Shiro

This has got to be one of the best map packs I've played in SRB2Kart, bar none. Of the six available tracks, I can't think of a single one that I don't absolutely adore. They're all an absolute joy to race through. Wave Dimension has to be my favorite simply for the blue sphere gimmick alone, Ballistic Reef is really great, and Splashdown is SO much fun. All the maps have fantastic attention to detail, too, which I cannot get enough of.

With that said, I do have one small suggestion. I'm not sure if it's just me, but there's a specific part of Splashdown Zone's third section where I have an issue. On the right path after the second split of the third section, there are arrows on the wall to the right of a death pit. I find myself falling off of it quite frequently since I'm going at a high speed and fail to see that there's nothing next to that wall... It probably sounds silly, but if it's not too much trouble, I think that issue could be resolved with another set of arrows floating to the left of the wall in the screenshot. That way, there'd be no question that you must go left left rather than continue straight to the track you see ahead.

With that said, I can't wait to see this pack get more stuff! It's so much fun, I really can't get enough of it!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	789
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	36109  
Shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020   #27
Gaudy

I dont now if this pack cause this kind of issue, but I just load the addon and dissapear Encore Mode Option and Hard Speed.

Last edited by Gaudy; 08-02-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Gaudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020   #28
IvoYaridovich

Any pack with lua causes this issue if we also perform the trick required to make it run in RA. Basically, loading the pack loads it with a seperate game data save so you can RA it, however it also means it only has progress you've made while playing with it.

So there's no issue, its just a workaround to let it be RAed. Use the banana cheat, and you'll see those options come back.
Old 08-11-2020   #29
Lightsideluc

Splashdown is such a cool track with its dynamic music, smooth turns and waterslide aesthetic. The very first time I saw it I knew it was going to be great.

Opulance has lovely detail, some great gimmicks, and as others have said, those coins at the end are a divine addition.

Motobug just straight-up feels like it could have been put into a full Mario Kart or Sonic racing game (besides the DOOM graphics, I mean, but that's just part of how impressive it is that you made it look so good).

The blue dots on Wave are super cool. I could do without the spikes, but I've always been against most hazards and I realize they're part of the theming.

It's nice to finally have a Chemical Plant Zone level with Liquidation. It was one of my favourite levels in Sonic 2. I do feel the pillars in the room with the two jumps could stand to be removed, or replaced with breakable parts that slow you down like other tracks, since bonking them really sucks and doesn't feel like it's adding anything to the track, really.
Old 08-17-2020   #30
IvoYaridovich

Boom Update to 9.0.
Go forth and get lubed up in the new Oil Ocean based map.
Old 08-18-2020   #31
「AxeCrusader」

Man, these race tracks are hella fun. And I love seeing zones from older Sonic games being implemented like this. Keep up the working man!
「AxeCrusader」 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020   #32
Logan8r
Logan8r#3805

Got stunk in a death loop in Splashdown Zone. :(

Last edited by Logan8r; 08-24-2020 at 12:44 AM.
Logan8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020   #33
Pippu

I adore some of these maps to death, most of all Opulence. I do however have one very strong gripe with it:

Bananas are practically invisible in this part. Not only do the slopes make things harder to avoid precisely, but the map's colors are actively working against you here. This makes it much more likely for stuff like this to happen, and much more likely that the person receiving this will feel cheated. It seems like a sore spot on an other wise very polished map.

Personally I'd recommend just adding some silver coins among the gold ones, that should hopefully be a fairly easy change that doesn't hurt the map's aesthetics or fun. Frankly I'm happy with anything that makes nanas easier to see, and either way I am a huge fan of this map. I also really love Splashdown too.

Lubrication Lagoon is also fantastic.

Last edited by Pippu; 08-30-2020 at 05:31 AM.
Pippu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020   #34
JugadorXEI

In Motobug Motorway Zone, you can go up the first ramp into the middle shortcut section in Hard speed. I'm wondering if this is intentional?
JugadorXEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020   #35
DragonDePlatino

This is an amazing pack. We're always on the look for stuff for game night and every track out of this is a winner. I especially liked Wave Dimension and the blue orbs mechanic there.
DragonDePlatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020   #36
IvoYaridovich

Update to 9.1.3
Just some fixes to Lubrication Lagoon that are long overdue, removal of high friction areas that are no longer needed with the offroad fix, and a few graphical updates to certain tracks. Enjoy! Hopefully I can bless you guys with new stuff soon but working 2 jobs kills the Ivos free time.
Old 09-20-2020   #37
DarkyBenji
Darky/DyBenji

when i load Splashdown Zone, alot of sprites error happened

from 9.1.3
Old 09-21-2020   #38
IvoYaridovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyBenji View Post
when i load Splashdown Zone, alot of sprites error happened

from 9.1.3
Did you have anything else loaded? I just checked, and nothing seems out of the ordinary for me. Might be a conflict from another thing killing it.
Old 09-22-2020   #39
DarkyBenji
Darky/DyBenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvoYaridovich View Post
Did you have anything else loaded? I just checked, and nothing seems out of the ordinary for me. Might be a conflict from another thing killing it.
you're right, after many try i find out it's Omnix Pack, that fixed it by loading Omnix Pack first then Ivo Industries Track Pack