That's actually a bug with SRB2 and not with ModernSonic. as for the homing attack coming to a stop after hitting a spring again, its an SRB2 bug as well. Though for enemies I don't get what the big deal is. It's like that in almost any game to feature the homing attack.

The thing is, almost any game to feature the homing attack also has the air dash. So that pretty much makes the stop when hitting an enemy a non issue. Colors and Forces are the only boost games where Sonic has a double jump.

Last edited:
What if he's given the air dash after the second jump, so you can choose whether you want to double jump and then air dash, or just double jump? Someone also suggested a toggle, I feel like that would also be a fair compromise.

While at first the air dash might not seem as useful for platforming as the double jump, the fact that it brings you straight forward a certain guaranteed distance can be really useful in platforming situations in which you don't necessarily need to gain height. It's especially useful as an error correction tool, such as if you had second thoughts and wish to return to the platform you just jumped from.

Part of me also wishes he had infinite jumps while underwater, similar to Colors. It would probably be a bit overpowered but it would also be incredibly fun to toy around with.

I have never seen it in Vanilla Sonic's blue. Nice wad. Have not played it yet but I will soon.

I really like the attention to detail of Sonic being able to boost on water, but even more than that... he can slide on water, like how he does in Sonic 2006. Of course i'd like this but of course last long enough for me to reach the spring, I mean sure boost can do this... but it's kinda cool you know. Also I think the Slide should be slightly steerable, at least as much as a spin can be. If possible. Also would like the air-dash.

Attachments

• srb20057.gif
    4.8 MB · Views: 589
If possible. Also would like the air-dash.

I could think of one way he can do this. Just a suggestion, but when trying to air boost with no boost energy, the player should instead do an air dash, like colo(u)rs does. (Unless he doesn't do that already...)

Could you potentially make Modern Sonic's Adventure-style ring pickup sound unique to Modern Sonic or remove it altogether? It's weird seeing it affect every other character's ring pickup sound even when they don't fit the Adventure-style motif (and especially if you load in a custom ring pickup sound before entering a server).

Or just add a toggle that would replace the double jump all-together with an air-dash. Didn't like it in Forces or Colors... I mean I never played Forces but whatever. Still prefer the air-dash as the A button.

Could you potentially make Modern Sonic's Adventure-style ring pickup sound unique to Modern Sonic or remove it altogether? It's weird seeing it affect every other character's ring pickup sound even when they don't fit the Adventure-style motif (and especially if you load in a custom ring pickup sound before entering a server).

This has already been addressed in the update that will be coming soon. It adds 3 slight variations to the ring sound and only effects Modern Sonic. Other characters will still have the default ring sound.

Or just add a toggle that would replace the double jump all-together with an air-dash. Didn't like it in Forces or Colors... I mean I never played Forces but whatever. Still prefer the air-dash as the A button.

The reason I don't want to do a toggle is because it will lead to inconsistencies for the character. I want the abilities he has to be accessible any time you're playing as him. He should be a definitive Modern Sonic not a "pick and choose which Modern Sonic you're playing"

The reason I don't want to do a toggle is because it will lead to inconsistencies for the character. I want the abilities he has to be accessible any time you're playing as him. He should be a definitive Modern Sonic not a "pick and choose which Modern Sonic you're playing"

In that case I personally would prefer for him to have it mapped to "triple jump", or in other words he does the double jump first and then if you press jump again and there's nothing to homing attack, you do the air dash.

It's true Modern Sonic has never done this, but I would rather it over the air dash not being there at all. The air dash and the double jump both have their usefulness so I wouldn't want to replace the double jump with it outright.

I wouldnt know which voice clips to use for the actions. Ive never played with the Japenese voices and don't exactly have the option to.

The more I play this character, the more I like him. Combined with the momentum mod, he is absolutely broken (far less strict speed cap means that you only need to tap boost once to stay at top speed), but in a much more fun way than, say, Metal. Also this is a strange praise to give a character mod but he makes stage mods that are a little too overscaled much more fun and bearable since he can cover ground super fast.

Combined with the momentum mod, he is absolutely broken (far less strict speed cap means that you only need to tap boost once to stay at top speed), but in a much more fun way than, say, Metal.

I actually happen to really enjoy that. When in a situation with a low boost meter, you can still maintain top speed without constantly draining boost provided you don't bump into anything, but at the risk of taking damage if you touch an enemy. It feels balanced, and more importantly it feels satisfyingly rewarding when you can maintain this speed for extended periods of time.

I really wish the official games would learn from things like this. The boost formula clearly has a lot of untapped potential in more open ended level structure.

Props to whoever can find the easter egg hidden somewhere in Modern Sonic. I'm feeling good about it.

Could we get a console command to swap the custom hud with the original (but with the boost meter) for the next version? I prefer the vanilla hud since it takes up a bit less space than the custom hud for Modern Sonic, but there doesn't seem to be an option to choose which one you'd rather use.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 1, Guests: 3)

Back