This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
The air drill is such a neat ability, it's a shame that it's still stuck with these crummy ol' 1.09 era sprites. Ah well, maybe someone will get on it eventually.

You should probably add me to the supporters/co-authors since I was the one who helped make the sprites more recolorable.

For the spindash fire thing, I think that putting a line on S_SKIN that says:
revitem = MT_SPINFIRE
will work.

It's nice of you for doing this, but those sprites just aren't good. Don't get me wrong, i'de probably do much worse, but every frame screams early SRB2 mods. a new version with updated sprites would be great (that's not me saying you have to do it, since she's already very fun to play as).

It's pretty good, but I do suggest you make Blaze's life icon colorable through the Color Remap function, and give some Lua so Blaze's spinning effects are the fire ones.

Why do people always port Blaze?
I personally did it because I just love the character, and think it's a real shame that there's no new version available. That said, I prefer having at least one even if the sprites aren't that great by today's standards than not having any Blaze at all.

PrincessPeachfan2017 said:
It's pretty good, but I do suggest you make Blaze's life icon colorable through the Color Remap function, and give some Lua so Blaze's spinning effects are the fire ones.
Done, except for the fire, since the MT_SPINFIRE thing stays forever and I can't wrap my head around SRB2's Lua. Maybe for a later update.

am happy someone ported blaze i really like her even thougth her abilite is kinda weird still hope someone make a version of blaze like modern sonic one day

Can you make it so when performing Air Drill in Simple Mode, pressing downward does not make the Air Drill go backward, instead being a "Brake", making the Air Drill slow to a halt, or go forward slower, making you feel more in control of the move and therefore making it more fun to use.
Not my mod of course, you're free to do what you want with it but I suggest the Air Drill go slightly less high possibly. It currently goes 7 greenflower tiles high if you use it immediately after a jump (as opposed to using it at the peak of your jump, this is to make sure we only get the Air Drill's height and not the jump height). I'm proposing it only go 4 to 5 tiles high (without the added height of jumping).
Another thing is Air Drill steering to the left or right, instead of it just going that direction instantly. You know, to make the ability more fluid and easier to control.

Last edited:
It's awesome, my only comment is that if you hold spin during Blazing Drill and bounce off of a crawla you actually can go super hyper ultra omega high, like if all of the zones were in one map, you could fly up into egg rock zone, thats how high you can go.

tl;dr crawla bounce go brrr

oh and Blazing Drill (not flare drill) also appears to not cut any momentum, not saying it should its just something i noticed was off.

oh AND major bug
Blaze's charspeed or acceleration is fucked, she feels very very weird to play, her max run speed is faster and the time it takes for her to reach said max run speed is shorter... i think thats whats the problem
i could be wrong...
Post automatically merged:

I felt this was just right, it's a tradeoff between mobility and speed. If used properly, you can take many of the shortcuts Tails can use, as well as some of the shortcuts Knuckles can use, reaching them faster than both of those characters and you still move faster than Tails so it's a gigantic speed advantage in races.

Not sure if you know, but you can stop raising mid-drill and fastfall by holding the spin button down.

In fact, you can beat Metal Sonic by taking many shortcuts in about 1:20, which is a MASSIVE advantage over MS.
I haven't tested her in race properly (I can only play with my brother who plays very badly) but i imagine it's pretty much the same advantage.

I'll reconsider the ability for the next version, but honestly i think it's just fine as it is.

Oh yeah, it got updated! You can now recolor Blaze's fur AND outfit (Thanks, Naluigi/Da Luigi!) and the "thok" sprite has been replaced with afterimages.

Also, not sure if he's going to kill me if i say this or something but Inazuma is working on a better Blaze, and it looks real good. It might get done this year!

My earlier comment didn't age well, I kind of liked how it halfed your current momentum or something. I think the move is fitting for Blaze.

Last edited:
It's awesome, my only comment is that if you hold spin during Blazing Drill and bounce off of a crawla you actually can go super hyper ultra omega high, like if all of the zones were in one map, you could fly up into egg rock zone, thats how high you can go.

tl;dr crawla bounce go brrr

oh and Blazing Drill (not flare drill) also appears to not cut any momentum, not saying it should its just something i noticed was off.

oh AND major bug
Blaze's charspeed or acceleration is fucked, she feels very very weird to play, her max run speed is faster and the time it takes for her to reach said max run speed is shorter... i think thats whats the problem
i could be wrong...
Post automatically merged:

My earlier comment didn't age well, I kind of liked how it halfed your current momentum or something. I think the move is fitting for Blaze.
The reason Blaze's Airdrill is different is because we used the Re-Created Airdrill that was out for a while ago, made by FinnishGameFan.
It doesn't lose as much momentum and acts differently and heavier overall, although it's still in development so it might have some bugs (Which I reported) so expect a bugfix on the Airdrill soon.
Also, we were actually experimenting with Blaze's S_SKIN, so we're still adjusting it too.

The reason Blaze's Airdrill is different is because we used the Re-Created Airdrill that was out for a while ago, made by FinnishGameFan.
It doesn't lose as much momentum and acts differently and heavier overall, although it's still in development so it might have some bugs (Which I reported) so expect a bugfix on the Airdrill soon.
Also, we were actually experimenting with Blaze's S_SKIN, so we're still adjusting it too.
I think characters generally don't need to have changed stats or whatever, minus jump height stuff.
For example, all chars usually will have same run speed as all 6 of the srb2 chars, since in srb2 all characters have the same speed and acceleration.

I wonder how the new air drill works.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back