I just tried the new version and to be honest, there isn't much to say other than the new color choices are cool (mainly cosmic). Because the drop dash doesn't seem useful or fun to use, if it were to take notes from how Pointy Sonic handles the drop dash I would've enjoyed this version way more. But that's just my thoughts.

Exactly what about it do you not find useful? If there's anything I can do to help make it feel better I'd like to know.

The reason I wanted to make it work differently from Pointy's is that in of itself, his drop dash works as an easier way of gaining speed through verticality. Pointy Sonic's primary ability (momentum flip) is meant to transfer that.

Neo Sonic is the opposite of this. He gains speed naturally by running and utilization of the homing attack, and, in this case, the drop dash is used for the speed transfer.

In a sense, Neo Sonic's drop dash was meant to work as a supplemental ability. It also has the added benefit of -- unlike the homing attack, being free of context sensitivity. As long as there's level terrain for you to use it, you can. It exists as a quicker, alternative utility to build speed without the need for enemies / level design to work around it.

My Idea: Yes

What If, When You Charge Your Drop Dash, When You Let It Go, It Becomes An Instantaneous Shield. Best Thing Ever.

Dittoing what I said in the SRB2 discord, the dropdash was really the missing piece in Neo's gameplay.

Exactly what about it do you not find useful? If there's anything I can do to help make it feel better I'd like to know.

The reason I wanted to make it work differently from Pointy's is that in of itself, his drop dash works as an easier way of gaining speed through verticality. Pointy Sonic's primary ability (momentum flip) is meant to transfer that.

Neo Sonic is the opposite of this. He gains speed naturally by running and utilization of the homing attack, and, in this case, the drop dash is used for the speed transfer.

In a sense, Neo Sonic's drop dash was meant to work as a supplemental ability. It also has the added benefit of -- unlike the homing attack, being free of context sensitivity. As long as there's level terrain for you to use it, you can. It exists as a quicker, alternative utility to build speed without the need for enemies / level design to work around it.

Yeah but it doesn't really make you feel like you're going fast. Each use feels unengaging and it feels like you're going slowing instead of faster. And about Pointy's momentum flip, I wasn't referring to that at all, I was referring to his drop dash (if that's what you're talking about then my apologies) the drop dash Pointy uses is much better because, while you have to stay in the air long enough while the drop dash is active, you're rewarded with a large burst of speed which helps Pointy navigate through levels faster, Neo Sonic's drop dash does the opposite by only being usable if you're wanting to do a sharp turn at the right time. Doing that is hard because of the risk of bumping into a wall causing you to lose all that speed you had before and start with the speed you have left, which isn't fun in my eyes.

TL;DR Pointy's drop dash feels more useful than Neo's drop dash, regardless if it's meant to be a speed transfer. But it's just my thoughts once again.

I have to be honest, I don't mind if the Drop Dash is in the character (maybe because I play too much Sonic Mania?), for the rest, I love the new skills and the new effects
this character was already fantastic, but now he is even more so

PS: if is possible on a next update, can you add the ability to curl after a spring/steam engine jump?
so you can use the dropdash after doing an high spring jump

Last edited:
Really not liking how Neo can no longer use shield abilities. Was this intentional?
edit: ignore me, could have sworn I tried both jump and spin at once, but apparently you have to let go of jump and then press both?

Last edited:
Uh there's some bugs like, when i was going to transform into Neo Super Sonic it's still normal and when i run it's a yellow Sonic With Red Eyes, but good work!

It'd be nice if neo did a pose in the air after a successful homing thok. Still a legendary character

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back