View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020   #18
StardustSpeedway
Super Neko~

Default Thoughts on the pack(and issues with ACZ3)

Really liking these maps here. No real issues for the most part(I'll get to that in a bit though) and although some of these are just a section of the levels they represent, they're done really nicely! Tempest Stronghold is also a interesting concept as well, may I add.

Silver Cascade is my favorite level you've done so far. Music is really good and the level looks beautiful! Kinda miss the underwater section and find the rotating platforms in the middle weird, but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Now... there's some issues I have with a certain level and that's Arid Canyon 3.

You start in your base and then this is where the main issue comes to play.

Name:  srb20151.png
Views: 59
Size:  15.6 KB

Players can't quite make out whether or not this platform has pits between it or not, so it's likely that they'll have to slow down just to make sure they don't end up in the bottomless pit.

Name:  srb20152.png
Views: 50
Size:  34.4 KB

In fact, that's the same case with the moving platform too(which is the part I despite the most btw) as you also got to slow down, just to not hit the pit. Slowing down doesn't work with CTF, especially battle CTF as you'll likely have people hunting you down if you have the flag. So you're likely to get hit, lose the flag and die in the pit anyways, just because you slowed down trying not to die. Not to mention that you can't use any abilities when you have the flag too.

If you could replace the moving platform with something else entirely and fill in the holes of the platforms by the base and the moving platform, it'd make this map a lot more fun than it currently is. People can barely get the flag in this map and bring it back because of these issues. It just ain't friendly with those less experienced with the map. It punishes you too hard for just trying to keep yourself safe.

Aside from the negatives, this map is a nice concept. And this pack is really interesting and I can't wait to see where it goes next.

Last edited by StardustSpeedway; 05-06-2020 at 02:50 PM.
StardustSpeedway is offline   Reply With Quote