Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Kaysakado

attachment.php

The primary feature of this script is adding a mouse-controllable crosshair to 2D Ringslinger and Match - when enabled, your character will aim and act in the direction of the crosshair, regardless of your movement direction. By default, it is enabled when ringslinger is enabled, or when a player has autoaim disabled during BattleMod. The crosshair is not visible to enemy players, but can be seen by teammates and spectators.

Other Control Changes
  • Climbing: You can use the strafe keys to move up and down! Forward/backward are completely optional.
  • Spectators: May use forward/backward to move up and down in addition to jump/spin.

Misc Changes
  • The Battle2D camera always aims directly at your character. Use the fov command to view a wider area!
  • The BattleMod CP Compass has been adjusted for Battle2D, pointing in the X/Z direction rather than X/Y.
  • If this script is loaded without BattleMod, it adds a dummy CP object to the game, so you may load BattleMod CP maps without visual errors.
  • The maximum distance to see a player's name is reduced to 512 fracunits during Battle2D.

Console Commands
Code:
battle2d
Prints a message with controls, options, and tips for Battle2D

Code:
2dsens
Adjusts the sensitivity of the 2D Crosshair: ranges from 1-64, default is 8

Code:
2dcrosshair
Turns on/off the 2D Crosshair: 0 force-disables, 1 uses the default behavior, and 2 force-enables

Code:
syncstart
Admin only - sets the amount of tics the crosshair will wait to account for clag; i.e., players won't be able to move the crosshair for this amount of tics when it's first spawned. Setting this to a higher value may stabilize the crosshair for laggy players. Minimum 1, default 7

Code:
In Chat: ".battle2d", "!2d", ".b2d", "!btd", and similar
Prints the Battle2D welcome message in chat (for everyone). Helpful if a player has no idea what's going on/why they can't turn around. 15 second cooldown.

Technical Details
  • Battle2D will work with or without BattleMod loaded, though it will display a warning if loaded without BattleMod. Battle2D must be added after BattleMod if you plan to use it.

• Battle2D's rather inflexible in how it treats player angle and aiming at the moment - you may encounter issues when combined with some other scripts. A custom character that uses only PlayerThink and ThinkFrame hooks should work fine, for example, while one that uses PreThinkFrame might not. Your best bet is to add BattleMod and Battle2D first, before any other scripts - if you're still getting issues after doing that, let me know and I'll see if a work-around is possible.

• To use Battle2D in your map, simply add Lua.battletwod = on to the level header (In addition to marking it as 2D TypeOfLevel). Battle2D should generally be added separately and not be lumped into your WAD/PK3, as issues could arise if the script is loaded multiple times from different files. However, if you are running a server and would like to lump scripts together to reduce the file count, that would be fine - again, though, keep the script loading order in mind.

• The camera distance is 512 fracunits away from the player, and scales with their scale. Battle2D at the moment only supports a "true" 2D level (i.e., TypeOfLevel 2D), and not changing between 2D and 3D within a map - though if there's interest in this it could be added in a later version.

Meadow 2D
attachment.php

Meadow 2D (MAPNZ) is a simple edit of Meadow Match to showcase and test Battle2D. It's designed for BattleMod's CP, Battle, and EggRobo Tag modes, but will also work with vanilla Match and Tag, as seen in the GIFs - though you will get a warning when adding this file without BattleMod active.

Attachments

• srb20144.gif
    srb20144.gif
    4.6 MB · Views: 4,525
  • srb20147.gif
    srb20147.gif
    5.9 MB · Views: 3,990
  • VL_Battle2D-v2.1.lua
    16.3 KB · Views: 563
  • Ba_Meadow2D-v3.zip
    13 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
I got a chance to test this out in a netgame and it works nicely. A few characters are clearly better than others in 2D (Knuckles debris is comically good when you can't just move around it actually, it is a disgustingly good form of area denial) but it all works as intended! To releases.

Goodness, the range of some of these do not work well in 2d. I get hit from across the map by a knuckles not even going for me

quality mod, although it was underestimated by most for having ringslinger?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back