Very cool mod. I think Sonic's homing attack is super fluid and fast, unlike the others where it's slower. My only problem with this is when you play with Sonic & Tails. When you jump nearby tails before riding on him, he goes pretty fast. Overall, a nice job and work!
i really didn't enjoy this mod. like, at all. the concept of it is pretty good, and i admire the thought that was put into some of the abilities but...goddamnit i didn't like any of them. let's go through my issues one by one.
- almost all sense of balance is removed with most of the characters. a vast majority of the vanilla cast now have multi-ability, which removes some of what i like about their playstyles, especially knuckles.
- what? why does pressing jump after literally any kind of vertical ascension besides jumping give you a ring? i can now literally grind for rings forever, you didn't think this one through much.
- sonic's drop peel is extremely broken. there's absolutely no reset condition or anything that makes it function like an actual drop dash. i can hold spin as long as i want and i'll keep getting drop peels whenever i land, which absolutely isn't fun. homing attack is fine, though i did find myself taking damage instead of dealing it on one occasion.
- tails' balance is also completely removed. instead of flight being slow to accommodate for the height gain, i can just hold spin constantly to get infinite speed boosts, just like the drop peel.
- knuckles' ability, i actually kind of liked, but it does the worst damage to any vanilla character. with this immense height gain, knuckles has no reason to go through any of his paths, and at that he can now just cheese through them with faster and higher height gain than any other character in the game. that, and multi-ability removes a lot of the heaviness and weight that knuckles has in the vanilla game. really didn't like what you did here.
- amy's moveset has pretty much been changed to xmomentum amy, but with a double jump instead of a thok. most of the time, i actually enjoyed amy, but she suffers from multi-ability syndrome too. she essentially becomes a spin character when you take into consideration the fact that you can just mash jump to twinspin, with no penalty or cooldown. otherwise, it's fine at best.
- fang is literally xmomentum fang, but with vanilla's momentum cutting, and with reveries' popgun momentum cut. nothing to talk about.
- metal's moveset is bizarre. for one, you use the custom buttons, which already isn't a great sign, but the boost itself really isn't fun to use. it cuts all of your momentum just to give you dashmode, which really isn't that worth it to me. otherwise he's unchanged, which i'm fine with.
overall, i really didn't enjoy this mod, what with how glitchy it could be, and with the bizarre design choices that really don't pay off.
Pretty simple, but it works. Your description -- and the gif -- for Knuckles's ability is incredibly confusing. By that I mean that it makes absolutely no sense. Fang's just seems like you asked to use Frosti's Xmom edit and did nothing else to change it whatsoever. Metal's is fine, but why do you have a button dedicated to... stopping dash mode...??? You can already end dash mode by just... y'know, skidding. Seems pointless.
But like I said, everything works and is solid otherwise.