• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Wing Fortress Zone

srb20050.gif

Post automatically merged:

srb20051.gif

Last edited:
Наконец-то мне удалось создать трехмерные лопасти, близкие к оригинальному дизайну.
srb20060.gif

srb20075.png

srb20068.png

So that you understand, I didn't know how to do them at all, like many things in this map, but so far I'm coping.

The blades themselves consist of a total of 20 objects

srb20020.gif

srb20021.gif

srb20078.png

srb20082.png

Attachments

• srb20066.png
    srb20066.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
This looks absolutely incredible!

One thing I was wondering, will you be limiting the player to the sides of the airplane, or will there be more spots or opportunities to get on top or inside the airplane? I feel like it would the make the level more fun to run through, but I understand if you design the level based more so on accuracy.

I have one question, will the stage start directly on the zone or will it start on an event with the tornado flying towads the zone?

I have one question, will the stage start directly on the zone or will it start on an event with the tornado flying towads the zone?
Mostl likely directly on the zone,since Tails Junior did not confirm we are starting on Tornado.

srb20041.gif
srb20042.gif

srb20004.png

This looks absolutely incredible!

One thing I was wondering, will you be limiting the player to the sides of the airplane, or will there be more spots or opportunities to get on top or inside the airplane? I feel like it would the make the level more fun to run through, but I understand if you design the level based more so on accuracy.
I am impressed myself, there are some fascinating views of the ship here. Due to the expansion of the zone with the ability to move both inside the ship and to any part of the ship, it will be after the creation of the classic path, of course I like the idea of rooms and transparent portholes and everything else, but I'm not sure that I have the strength to finish it all, I'm surprised that I get anything at all.

I have an idea with a tornado in my plans, and I saved it last of all, since it will take a lot of time, especially since I still need to figure out how to implement all this, I can imagine it, but it will be difficult to do it in 3d, but in theory you can make each part of the aircraft from polyobjects and set the trajectory of movement, then Yes.

I definitely like the idea of a tornado, I will try to implement it after the level comes to an end

Now I am engaged in turbines, then with lifting belts

Last edited:
I would love to see this compiled into a pack with the other levels you are working on. Wing Fortress is looking quite good and manages to emulate most of the mechanics sound in Sonic 2.

I would advise to not stretch yourself too thin and take care of the current mapping projects before starting new ones. One way to see a project all the way through is work on it just a little bit at a time (in other words, don't burn yourself out with sessions that stretch more than several hours in length).

I have a question, is this going to be a 2D level or a 3D one?
3D

srb20027.gif
srb20028.gif

Of course it looks a little damp, but in the future I will correct the platforms and, if possible, add other paths to pass through.

Last edited:
srb20038.gif

srb20028.png

srb20027.png
srb20026.png

srb20029.png

У меня не так много времени на разработку карты, больше всего уходит на оптимизацию и исправление карты, не говоря уже об улучшениях, поскольку в некоторых местах сложно придумать расположение путей, турбины и множество движущихся платформ добавляют сложности.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back