• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Wing Fortress Zone

SRB2 is a great platform for creating maps in the classic style and Wing Fortress Zone, including, I think you would be interested to see this project in 3d
2023-08-08_17-02-25 (2).png

Attachments

• 2023-08-09_19-54-46.png
    2023-08-09_19-54-46.png
    1 MB · Views: 541
  • 2023-08-09_19-53-08.png
    2023-08-09_19-53-08.png
    1 MB · Views: 641
Last edited:
In the future I plan to add clouds in the form of objects that will move in the stream, the only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to do it, and how it will work. Now I am engaged in drawing a wing, this model is not in sprites, so I will take the design from the comic book, perhaps even the volume of the box
WingFortress289.jpg
d2bfdcc37a1c9bfd2d0fcb1edf791662.png

In the future I plan to add clouds in the form of objects that will move in the stream, the only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to do it, and how it will work. Now I am engaged in drawing a wing, this model is not in sprites, so I will take the design from the comic book, perhaps even the volume of the boxView attachment 98525View attachment 98524
Wait, what do you mean by "move in the stream"? A moving skybox?

And wouldn't the wing of the airship be part of the level geometry rather than an object?

And wouldn't the wing of the airship be part of the level geometry rather than an object?
I want clouds to fly near the plane and they look voluminous, to achieve this effect, you need to add an object to the map itself, replace the texture with a cloud and run it along a transparent treadmill, if you use the editor, then you understand what I'm talking about.

I want clouds to fly near the plane and they look voluminous, to achieve this effect, you need to add an object to the map itself, replace the texture with a cloud and run it along a transparent treadmill, if you use the editor, then you understand what I'm talking about.
I am working on a level pack in Zone Builder, but I've never tried the scrolling cloud or transparent treadmill thing. (Which linedef type are you referring to?)

I'm drawing a wing, there are 2 options
2023-08-11_00-49-45.png
2023-08-11_00-51-47.png

Post automatically merged:

I am working on a level pack in Zone Builder, but I've never tried the scrolling cloud or transparent treadmill thing. (Which linedef type are you referring to?)
I don't remember if there were objects there anymore. I'm thinking of abandoning the idea, since I don't yet know how to make the clouds move away and the like, it's a waste of time.

I didn't understand the issue with the wing, the point is that I'm making a one-piece ship, the wings are included. And naturally it will soar.

Last edited:
I'm drawing a wing, there are 2 options
Option 1
I don't remember if there were objects there anymore. I'm thinking of abandoning the idea, since I don't yet know how to make the clouds move away and the like, it's a waste of time.
You could try making a cloud texture with a lot of empty space to the side, Putting that texture on an FOF that doesn't render planes (the top and bottom), and then having that texture scroll sideways.

Option 1

You could try making a cloud texture with a lot of empty space to the side, Putting that texture on an FOF that doesn't render planes (the top and bottom), and then having that texture scroll sideways.
Yes, I tried this option somehow, for some reason I was seasick, maybe scrolling went in a circle, but here you can do it on the sides, let's see.

Here is a wing in volume, by the way, who knows how to increase the drawing range in the editor?
2023-08-11_15-19-26.png

Last edited:
Looking impressive so far. Personally though, I would make the flames be custom objects.

Looking impressive so far. Personally though, I would make the flames be custom objects.
I think so too, but I'll finish these flames later

I've redesigned the blades
2023-08-14_16-44-11.png

Expansion of the air fortress
2023-08-16_20-10-42.png

The other end of the deck
2023-08-16_13-29-21.png

Attachments

• 2023-08-14_16-43-31.png
    2023-08-14_16-43-31.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
2023-08-16_20-11-50.png
2023-08-16_20-14-13.png

I made two skyboxes, the first with a classic palette, the second with a palette from sonic mania. I plan to use the first option to preserve the style of the original
srb20022.png

srb20023.png

Below is an example of a moving cloud, I just replaced the texture of the tree and put it on a transparent polyobject, it works crookedly, since they both have a collision.

Attachments

• srb20020.gif
    srb20020.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
srb20024-gif.99170

There are hooks on this map that raise the player, I'll try to come up with something, but if I don't succeed, then the final output of the map may be in question

srb20027.png
srb20028.png

Added music and location name

When I finish the skybox with the motion effect, it will look just great

Attachments

• srb20024.gif
    srb20024.gif
    2 MB · Views: 702
Last edited:
srb20030.gif

2023-08-22_13-37-24.png

srb20030.gif

In the future, I plan to add small clouds under the ship to add the effect of flying above the clouds, now it takes a lot of time to create non-standard platforms that rotate

srb20033.gif

srb20039.gif

srb20040.gif

Attachments

• srb20039.png
    srb20039.png
    189 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I have almost finished the turntable, I am making voluminous wings in parallel.
srb20043.gif

srb20044.png

srb20044.gif

Last edited:
srb20045.png

srb20046.png

The problem I constantly face is that the bigger the map, the more difficult it is to make it

How do you like my idea with skybox, it's essentially trees on a conveyor belt, this idea originated during the passage of Techno Hill Zone, when monitors were moving along the conveyor belt.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back