Whisper the Wolf

Whisper the Wolf 1.2.1

I really really love this mod, but the only big problem i have with it is that its really hard to use the cube wisp on mobile since both holding jump and pressing spin feels really uncomfortable. My suggestion is that it could be moved to one of the custom buttons or even the fire button bit idk. Otherwise im really enjoying it but i hope it gets solved

Ough this is a fun one. Been looking forward to it and it sure does deliver! Her slower, weaponry based gameplay style is very unique and gives a different approach to levels than the usual Sonic affair. Only real problem I have with it is the fact that you can't use Laser or charge a Rocket in the air, as that activates Spike or Cube. Fallen to my deaths many times because of it. I feel it might be better to have Spike and Cube on custom buttons instead, just to make it easier to use. Otherwise, an all around excellent mod!

I really really love this mod, but the only big problem i have with it is that its really hard to use the cube wisp on mobile since both holding jump and pressing spin feels really uncomfortable. My suggestion is that it could be moved to one of the custom buttons or even the fire button bit idk. Otherwise im really enjoying it but i hope it gets solved

You know you can swap Cube and Spike's inputs right

And honestly I get the feeling light didn't want Whisper to use any extra buttons
Post automatically merged:

Ough this is a fun one. Been looking forward to it and it sure does deliver! Her slower, weaponry based gameplay style is very unique and gives a different approach to levels than the usual Sonic affair. Only real problem I have with it is the fact that you can't use Laser or charge a Rocket in the air, as that activates Spike or Cube. Fallen to my deaths many times because of it. I feel it might be better to have Spike and Cube on custom buttons instead, just to make it easier to use. Otherwise, an all around excellent mod!

Fun note: You can charge a rocket on the ground and can still perform single jumps without losing your charge

Just don't use Hover though, that cancels it

Last edited:
one more thing i forgot to mention in my rating: when cubing a large group of enemies, they will all be cubed in one fell swing-- however, uncubing the same group of enemies in the same position will take multiple. not sure if this is intentional or not, but i feel it's not as satisfying this way :< (apologies for the garbage quality)

And honestly I get the feeling light didn't want Whisper to use any extra buttons

honestly i think having the option to change cube to a c1 move (a la bowser) would be the more convenient option since cube is far less widely applicable during gameplay than cube is, which is why it's mapped to holding jump and pressing spin in the first place

The only swap command that works is the first one (whisperswap) which says turned off, meaning it doesnt really do anything. Also, sacrificing one move over the other isnt going to solve anything

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220903-233406.png
    Screenshot_20220903-233406.png
    228.8 KB · Views: 92
The only swap command that works is the first one (whisperswap) which says turned off, meaning it doesnt really do anything. Also, sacrificing one move over the other isnt going to solve anything

Have you tried typing whisperswap on

honestly i think having the option to change cube to a c1 move (a la bowser) would be the more convenient option since cube is far less widely applicable during gameplay than cube is, which is why it's mapped to holding jump and pressing spin in the first place
Totally agreed!!!

True

I'm not aganist it myself but I got used to it pretty quick sooo eh

I don't have much else to add

Before I say anything else I wanna exclaim how awesome and fun this addon is. Great work and kudos on another IDW character in SRB2.
The only issues I've had with this so far is the dissonance in the aerial ability controls and an incompatibility with anglestand.

Shown in the GIF attached, trying to charge a rocket wisp while in the idle state (using anglestand) causes this odd jitter.

Attachments

• srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    941.2 KB · Views: 91
Before I say anything else I wanna exclaim how awesome and fun this addon is. Great work and kudos on another IDW character in SRB2.
The only issues I've had with this so far is the dissonance in the aerial ability controls and an incompatibility with anglestand.

Shown in the GIF attached, trying to charge a rocket wisp while in the idle state (using anglestand) causes this odd jitter.
Never seen this funky dance before, what's it called?

:p

Excellent addon,but spike has some issues for me,when I use it,I can't use any other moves after until I get hit,reset the stage,or beat the stage.can this get fix please?

Excellent addon,but spike has some issues for me,when I use it,I can't use any other moves after until I get hit,reset the stage,or beat the stage.can this get fix please?
Are you on the newest version of SRB2? That's a thing that happens if you're not playing on 2.2.10

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back