What in the world is SRB2 Workshop?

I was going to say something about SRB2 the past, but it looks like this topic has become a train crash after being derailed for so long.

what does that have to do with what i just said?
you said that the workshop has different rules

I'm saying that's not true, because it has no rules at all.
Post automatically merged:

I was going to say something about SRB2 the past, but it looks like this topic has become a train crash after being derailed for so long.
and yeah this was about what the workshop was, and im pretty sure that was answered a few pages back

now its about how good/bad the reusability system is and portlegs lol

Screenshot 2023-09-24 180713.jpg

tf you on about?

ill tell you what im talking about

The blue sphere sections states that it's in line with the message board rules, despite the fact that there's alot of things that wouldn't slide here. As well as the fact that there's multiple portlegs in this section. There's literally no rules when it comes to posting on the workshop and the sphere stuff is just a lie to make it sound like its trying to be tame. I bet if someone posted a NSFW mod it would still be accepted in any sphere type.

ill tell you what im talking about

The blue sphere sections states that it's in line with the message board rules, despite the fact that there's alot of things that wouldn't slide here. As well as the fact that there's multiple portlegs in this section. There's literally no rules when it comes to posting on the workshop and the sphere stuff is just a lie to make it sound like its trying to be tame. I bet if someone posted a NSFW mod it would still be accepted in any sphere type.
in fact, its even worse because there's a reusability system, despite the fact that 9/10 mods just steal assets from preexisting mods here. Honestly the workshop is a joke of a site that only looks bad on paper and even worse in execution.

is, despite the fact that there's alot of things that wouldn't slide here. As well as the fact that there's multiple portlegs in this section. . I bet if someone posted a NSFW mod it would still be accepted in any sphere type.
As for things in blue sphere that probably wouldn't be accepted here, one example I can think of is Shadow+.
On the other hand, the NSFW things sounds more gamebanana than workshop

Actually, for me.

Screenshot 2023-09-24 161733.png
Also, to clear this out. These are in Blue Sphere Section by the way.

I don't post any that are portleg related in the Red Sphere Section because I just don't wanna be make portlegs at all, I love SRB2's Message Board, I just don't wanna become a SRB2 Portlegger.

As for things in blue sphere that probably wouldn't be accepted here, one example I can think of is Shadow+.
On the other hand, the NSFW things sounds more gamebanana than workshop
there's also
"ultimate classic sonic",
"blue streak", "neo style chars", "hyper metal sonic" and the jetty-syn port, the other two are because of them having no original assets and the jetty-syn port is because... its a port.

at what point does it insinuate that?

Rule 5, which states LGBT content is banned and lumps in MAP symbols as well. MAP in this context is an abbreviation for "minor-attracted person", essentially a fancy way to say pedophile.

I will play the devil's advocate for a moment. It seems like a safe assumption that workshop is hosted in Russia, which is notoriously hostile towards all things LGBT, so the rule may as well be a necessity to not get delisted or even blocked by the Russian government.

It's a bad look regardless lumping it together with pedophiles. And whether the owners or the regular forum goers agree with it is a whole different story.

Rule 5, which states LGBT content is banned and lumps in MAP symbols as well. MAP in this context is an abbreviation for "minor-attracted person", essentially a fancy way to say pedophile.

I will play the devil's advocate for a moment. It seems like a safe assumption that workshop is hosted in Russia, which is notoriously hostile towards all things LGBT, so the rule may as well be a necessity to not get delisted or even blocked by the Russian government.

It's a bad look regardless lumping it together with pedophiles. And whether the owners or the regular forum goers agree with it is a whole different story.
tbh i do feel like that should be seperated to avoid confusion, but that's not the point i'm trying to make

at what point does it insinuate that?
"Minor Attracted Person" (MAP) is a made-up sexual orientation spread by the alt-right and designed to make it look like another LGBTQIA+ identity so it seems like queer people support pedophiles. As it's a pretty poor fabrication, by now nobody believes it's a real thing and it's only mentioned by trolls.

Certainly this has already reached the Workshop administration's ears, so to not have retracted it yet, either they sincerely believe it does and feel like it's as legitimate a sexual orientation as other queer people's, or they don't - which makes things exponentially worse.

but that's not the point i'm trying to make
For that alone, people have the right to be understandably upset that a site would disrespect other people's identities like that, given that a big chunk of SRB2's community is LGBT, so I don't get why you think it's unfair that people don't like the Workshop and express so.

"Minor Attracted Person" (MAP) is a made-up sexual orientation spread by the alt-right and designed to make it look like another LGBTQIA+ identity so it seems like queer people support pedophiles. As it's a pretty poor fabrication, by now nobody believes it's a real thing and it's only mentioned by trolls.

Certainly this has already reached the Workshop administration's ears, so to not have retracted it yet, either they sincerely believe it does and feel like it's as legitimate a sexual orientation as other queer people's, or they don't - which makes things exponentially worse.
While I do see the reason why you would be mad about that, does justify getting at people for using/making mods there?

While I do see the reason why you would be mad about that, does justify getting at people for using/making mods there?
It doesn't - not that I've ever seen that happening.

Unless you think people having a different view of you for willingly using a site that steals people's work without their permission is disrespecting you, that is.

It isn't.

It doesn't - not that I've ever seen that happening.

Unless you think people having a different view of you for willingly using a site that steals people's work without their permission is disrespecting you, that is.

It isn't.
even though there are mods on this website that willingly violate copyright laws saying "sega said it was ok"

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back