What in the world is SRB2 Workshop?

Warned for this already in another thread as well. If you're going to sling accusations, either substantiate them and report it to staff, or keep it to yourself.
because the workshop pirates/portlegs other peoples mods and even has a section for it called the Red Sphere section. Game banana will actually take down such mods when notified.
*cough* Bigot *cough*

i mean the workshop isnt that bad
Well, you might be right because there is some at credit creators. Only in the Blue Sphere Section, the Red Sphere Section is really just portlegs not credited or no permission at all. Which is why people might not wanna look at the Red Sphere Section, and Would dislike this whole website at first.

Not just that, but if the original mod creator discovers their mod was reposted in the red sphere section and requests it be taken down, they're told "tough, we're not going to take it down"

This is something I've actually seen happen in the Red Sphere section over there.

Not even the Gmod/source engine modding community is this disrespectful as generally they'll take down reposts if the original addon/mod authors asks them to.
(in the case of the steam workshop, if the reuploader refuses, the workshop has a report function)

Last edited:
Not just that, but if the original mod creator discovers their mod was reposted in the red sphere section and requests it be taken down, they're told "tough, we're not going to take it down"

This is something I've actually seen happen in the Red Sphere section over there.

Not even the Gmod/source engine modding community is this disrespectful as generally they'll take down reposts if the original addon/mod authors asks them to.
(in the case of the steam workshop, if the reuploader refuses, the workshop has a report function)
I also forgot that this exist as well. For example, adding a port mod into Red Sphere Section. Looking at what have you done, deicide to be like "You know what, I don't wanna erase this. Am keeping it here." Like who would think this sorta thing out?!?

Btw, I found out Sonic 1983 made another portleg out of spite for being banned. Yeesh, if that's not pure hatred then idk what is :dramahog:

Btw, I found out Sonic 1983 made another portleg out of spite for being banned. Yeesh, if that's not pure hatred then idk what is :dramahog:
bro was banned for trying to restore srb2topdown as kart Krew has no interest in doing it themselves, I'd be pretty pissed if I were banned for something I thought was within the rules.

....Is it possible to ban a whole website? Cause man, ever since it was made, everytime i try to ignore it, it always gets shoved back into my face
bro was banned for trying to restore srb2topdown as kart Krew has no interest in doing it themselves, I'd be pretty pissed if I were banned for something I thought was within the rules.
tbf, he didn't ask for permission...which is kinda pretty much a huge deciding factor

tbf, he didn't ask for permission...which is kinda pretty much a huge deciding factor
He probably should've asked for permission. I feel like if he did, then it would've been something like srb2thepast where several creators would've contributed to its creation, but he didn't, and here we are.

He probably should've asked for permission. I feel like if he did, then it would've been something like srb2thepast where several creators would've contributed to its creation, but he didn't, and here we are.
Yep, If I had a time machine I'd go back and tell him, to either read the rules again, or ask for permission

This is not correct on any of these points, just an fyi.

Srb2 the past is different in regards to permissions as it's the biggest open asset pack as well as playabe mod.

Because of this I couldn't ask for the unofficial ports to be taken down on game banana, but I could provide the portlegger with bug reports.

All 3 took the mod down themselves after the reports because they realized it was too much work for them.

People are allowed to ask questions about things if they want. Don't randomly come and insult them. If you think there's a problem with it, perhaps discuss it with staff?
7 pages all over an alternative to the message board. Grow up.

That's another reason why portlegs suck, 9 times out of 10 the porter leaves behind multiple bugs and errors and they honestly don't care enough to fix them.

dude, can we just stop investigating the workshop, this controversy is honestly stupid.
just because there are portlegs, doesn't mean you can just call the entire place bad. like i said on page 4, some of us are both here and are on the ws. please guys, stop judging them.

This implies both sides are remotely equal.
this implies you don't understand the cold war.
and no, the cold war was not a fight of two equal evils. the us created the "red scare" which was a form of propaganda used to make people scared. it at some point turned into modern sci-fi. the ussr starved people... and did their own version of the "red scare".

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back