What do you hate most about the game?

But thing i most like is B.C.Z 1 cuz welp the race is hetic and with a good soundtrack......that level is the TRUE manifestation of art
Post automatically merged:

Dude, that has nothing to do with the game itself.
its true.... ok most thing i hate is....EGG CASTLE ZONE 3 I hate that level with ALL MY SOUL and my hands hurted when i beaten him and that same happened with metal but it has'nt felt soo bad incluiding ERZ 1 that level maked me loose 30 TIMES! but i havent felt it annoyng cuz i wanst like :welcometoreleases: SOME LAVA LEVEL THAT COMES BEFORE IT:welcometoreleases: that level unless for me... was soo bad and unfair
there was enemies hard to kill and the range of the snakebees bombs... and mixing it with lava and if you fall in lava you lose all your rings

welp nothing else to say

FEDDY!. ITS FEDDY!

Last edited:
I absolutely hate this dumb boulder glitch in red volcano. Whenever I walk on them in the lava, they collide with nothing and buck me off. I can only use them if I homing attack them into the lava with Shadow. I do have add-ons loaded, so maybe that's why?

I might as well throw my hat into the ring and write up a wall of my biggest criticisms. I've kept the criticisms mostly focused on the content new to 2.2, rather than the content that was kept mostly unchanged from 2.1.
  • The NiGHTS special stages, while a joy to speedrun and score attack, feel like tedious chores that break the pace of the main game. I especially don't like how the sphere count shows how many spheres you have already collected instead of how many spheres you have left. The gameplay feels like it's meant to be an exact replication of the original NiGHTS rather than considering what would fit a Sonic game, and thus tends to feel unintuitive. And with all stages except maybe the last two, once you know the level's layout it's impossible to mess up, and it feels like there's no risk to take. The fifth one (Dusty Wasteland) at least is fun and to the point though.
  • The unlockable NiGHTS stages (except for Black Hole Zone) aren't fun.
  • All the SRB2 shields' active abilities except whirlwind feel underwhelming and superfluous, without adding much gameplay value.
  • The levels often don't do a good job of visually conveying which walls can and can't be climbed, and which walls can only be broken by "strong" characters (Knuckles and Amy). And sometimes in Knuckles' paths, the excessive use of non-climbable walls feels like defeating the point of his character.
  • Sonic's thok is very uninspired and makes it near impossible to make paths exclusive to him, unlike all other playable characters. I also don't like that its speed doesn't stack with speed shoes or the spindash.
  • Tails' flight, on the other hand, is an extremely overpowered cheese machine that stacks with the spindash way TOO well.
  • When playing as Metal Sonic, most levels are designed in such a way that his boost mode is unusable.
  • Metal Sonic's hover is a cheese machine that conflicts with the character select screen's statement that he has the same difficulty getting through hazards as Sonic.
  • Greenflower is overall a solid introductory zone, but its enemies (blue Crawla, red Crawla, and SDURF) are painfully uninspired.
  • Arid Canyon's rope pulley gimmick isn't fun. I especially don't like that when you jump off of a rope, you lose all your momentum.
  • Arid Canyon's turtle enemies (the Green Snappers) have obnoxious hitboxes that feel luck-based. You never know when you jump on one of those pesky turtles if you'll kill it or get hurt, and it feels unfair.
  • The Metal Sonic race and battle are both excessively tough brick walls that are harder than the actual final boss.
  • And finally, there is absolutely no reason to not let every character have a super form.

the thing that i most hate is the SRB2 message board, because the search isn't acurate

sometimes in Knuckles' paths, the excessive use of non-climbable walls feels like defeating the point of his character.
I kinda feel like discussing this point a little. I do feel like there's merit to the existence of non-climbable walls, they can be used to bar Knuckles off from taking certain pathways meant only for Tails or Fang, for example. However, I do definitely feel like they should be kept to a minimum on pathways Knuckles IS meant to take. Using them to increase difficulty is fine if they visually do a good enough job of showing which walls can be grabbed and which ones can't, but this should be done in such a way as to take advantage of Knuckles moveset, not force him to just glide without grabbing walls altogether.

Honestly, I dislike the bosses. They are too hard to kill when playing as a character who does not have a homing attack. To be fair, it's probably because I suck at beating these bosses. Not to say that they're bad, I just dislike them for dumb, petty reasons.

The fact that Metal Sonic can just decide that your dead.
And those annoying enemies that are impossible to hit and are EVERYWHERE, every single level past deep sea has one!

There's like a bunch of things I don't like about it, on the community side I don't like the kids on servers that go about using tails and completing the level first and then call themselves professional speedrunners like, jesus they can be a bit annoying. The netcode is also a thing that's quite annoying, have over 10 players on the server? Well screw your ping then, literally ping just likes to go to shit when there's more than 10 people, specially on heavier maps when you have a not so great PC.(although this might not be much of an issue on 2.2.10 anymore, haven't tested) there's also the lack of care the OpenGL renderer has, it has quite a bit of visual quirks that just make people complain and they don't even try to fix them although coding an OpenGL renderer might be hard, idk I am no coder but I still think they should try to progress on the OGL renderer as I feel it has a lot of potential that's just getting wasted.

I hate a few things but most importantly.
I UTTERLY DESPISE HOW HARD IT IS TO DOWNLOAD ADDONS AND YET ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS DOWNLOAD THEM AND THEYLL WORK PERFECTLY IN SRB2KART. IT EVEN LOADS THE NON SRB2KART CHARACTERS YOU HAVE FOR SRB2 AND YET IT TAKES 1000 YEARS JUST TO FIND OUT HOW TO DO IT ON SONIC ROBO BLAST 2 AND THERES A HIGH CHANCE THERE NOT THAT GOOD. AND IM STILL TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW

kart0000.png

look at this stupid BS
[/SPOILER]

Last edited:
The soundtrack. It fails to capture Sonic's vibe or sound anything similar to the actual (god-tier) music of the official games, so it just ends up sounding like a poor man's Mario instead.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back