What do you hate most about the game?

I hate a few things but most importantly.
I UTTERLY DESPISE HOW HARD IT IS TO DOWNLOAD ADDONS AND YET ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS DOWNLOAD THEM AND THEYLL WORK PERFECTLY IN SRB2KART. IT EVEN LOADS THE NON SRB2KART CHARACTERS YOU HAVE FOR SRB2 AND YET IT TAKES 1000 YEARS JUST TO FIND OUT HOW TO DO IT ON SONIC ROBO BLAST 2 AND THERES A HIGH CHANCE THERE NOT THAT GOOD. AND IM STILL TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW

View attachment 64080
look at this stupid BS
[/SPOILER]
Srb2 mods aren't meant to be played in srb2k, look at that broken palette.....

I UTTERLY DESPISE HOW HARD IT IS TO DOWNLOAD ADDONS AND YET ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS DOWNLOAD THEM AND THEYLL WORK PERFECTLY IN SRB2KART. IT EVEN LOADS THE NON SRB2KART CHARACTERS YOU HAVE FOR SRB2 AND YET IT TAKES 1000 YEARS JUST TO FIND OUT HOW TO DO IT ON SONIC ROBO BLAST 2 AND THERES A HIGH CHANCE THERE NOT THAT GOOD. AND IM STILL TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW

View attachment 64080
look at this stupid BS
You're kidding me... you actually think that addons that are only to be added in the vanilla game are addable to SRB2Kart. I don't understand why you'd actually take the time to argue about something that seems more than just stupid. But on the other hand, loading addons are totally easy to do, it's just that you have the wrong games to load them in.

i hate when model textures are broken and that stupid minigun turret, that one turret in that one section of black core pissed me off:dramahog:
Post automatically merged:

what i do is just download if it's a stupid folder i just extract it and take 30000 years to make the PK work because it crashes the game entirely

I hate a few things but most importantly.

View attachment 64080
look at this stupid BS
[/SPOILER]
Again, look at that broken palette... The reason why srb2k mods don't work with srb2 is just they don't. There's a reason why srb2k mods and srb2 mods are seperated in to their own sections. To play srb2 addons only in SRB2 ok? Download the mod, move it to the addons sub folder of the srb2 directory, go to addons in the menu in SRB2 then activate the mod.

Again, look at that broken palette... The reason why srb2k mods don't work with srb2 is just they don't. There's a reason why srb2k mods and srb2 mods are seperated in to their own sections. To play srb2 addons only in SRB2 ok? Download the mod, move it to the addons sub folder of the srb2 directory, go to addons in the menu in SRB2 then activate the mod.
I do that most of the time because it's not a pk but the same thing happens again and again, KICKS ME OUTA THE GAME INSTANTLY SO WHAT'S THE POINT?

Hey guys, Don't post any reviews here he's tricking us to tell him the things we hate the most to make a level about it :]
(this is just a joke) (im a joke wtf am i anymore)

It's impossible for me to pick just one, so instead, here's a list of nearly every nitpick I have with SRB2.
In no particular order:
  • Physics that completely fail to live up to the promise that we've had on our website for 20 years of recreating the Genesis originals in 3D
  • Some unlockables take way too long to unlock, and I would argue some are not worth unlocking at all (looking at your maps, Mystic) -- I have only unlocked the emblem radar once in over 10 years of playing
  • Controls menus are way too confusing, consistently inconveniencing new players
  • Players are never taught how to play NiGHTS stages properly, usually resulting in them giving up or having to retry countless times to get the last couple of emeralds -- I never liked NiGHTS until Rob of all people informed me that the spin button slows you down, allowing for very precise control. We have a tutorial to teach thok, but not NiGHTS? Why?
  • Most enemies and bosses do not have large enough hitboxes, sometimes leading to deaths due to slightly missing your target
  • Mashing the jump key is required to fly as Tails, which is an accessibility issue and very annoying
  • Metal's dash mode is nearly impossible to utilize effectively and his hover is underwhelming
  • Fang must come to a halt to use his weapon, which is clunky and not very appealing (his bounce is neat though)
  • Ringslinger is a zombie game mode that was never truly more fun after Final Demo
  • Circuit maps no longer come with the game, meaning no one plays my favorite game mode back in Final Demo anymore
  • Sonic's thok is an uninspired ability with a silly name, and it encourages players to blow past enemies instead of ever engaging with them. High level Sonic play boils down to mashing the jump button while trying to keep Sonic on the most optimal path. Pretty much brainless gameplay, but you'll still die to pits from launching slightly the wrong direction
  • Installing addons is a total pain on any platform other than Windows
  • Port forwarding is required for netgames, preventing many people who are inexperienced with computers from hosting
  • Many graphics and maps have fallen by the wayside, really showing their age
  • Tools for moderating chat in netgames are too limited
  • 3D models are a nightmare to add/swap, they should just load from a .pk3
  • Devmode 15 makes the console log unusable
  • Mouse doesn't work in menus
  • You can accidentally bind Enter to something you shouldn't, bricking the game until you fix or delete config.cfg
  • F11 isn't a fullscreen toggle (yet)
  • Single player campaign isn't very good past Red Volcano (with exceptions in some areas)
  • Final boss gets its own shout-out for being a cheap and irritating fight
  • Techno Hill boss is easier than Greenflower boss
  • Using Tails to pick up other players and fly them somewhere else is way too finicky so it gets underused in netgames
  • There's next to nothing cooperative about co-op netgames; players can't really interact with each other other than Tails's flight and Amy's shield
  • Error messages shown when the game crashes are usually useless
  • PolyObjects are too unintuitive to create and require specific setups to work without glitches, meaning they're hardly ever used
  • Linedef executors are a nightmare to set up unless you're doing something pretty basic
  • Air bubble hitboxes are too small, and you will die over and over to missing the bubble by a few tics
  • Space countdown. 'Nuff said.
  • Various options are never saved
  • Insane restrictions on saving the game; if you get all the emeralds as any character that should be enough to unlock saving single player games with mods loaded
  • Say it with me, kids: control lag in netgames
"But Sev," you say, "aren't you a developer? Can't you fix most of these things?" No, I can't. I make maps, not pull requests, and I rarely find satisfaction in mapping for the base game, especially when it comes to making a new map from scratch. I still help out with little miscellaneous things when I can, though.

Before Mystic's removal -- particularly, during my brief departure from the dev team -- I asked him if he thought SRB2 was a step towards something greater. I don't remember his answer, and I don't know if I have an answer myself, but I still think about this question from time to time.

In spite of everything, I still love this game. I just seem to play it less as time goes on. Don't you worry, though. You'll all be stuck with me for a good while longer :p
'Ey, the physics still do a really great job!

having to use multiple unlockable slots to unlock multiple custom characters when I could just use one in 2.2.9.

You're kidding me... you actually think that addons that are only to be added in the vanilla game are addable to SRB2Kart. I don't understand why you'd actually take the time to argue about something that seems more than just stupid. But on the other hand, loading addons are totally easy to do, it's just that you have the wrong games to load them in.
first of all: couldn't you just start off saying that its easy to load addons. and second: WELL EXCUSE ME PRINCESS IM TRYING TO PLAY AS MY BOY BEAN THE DYNAMITE AND IM DISSAPOINTED CAUSE ITS FRUSTERATING TO WORK. EXCUSE ME FOR BEING THE STUPID IDIOT WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW THIS STUFF WORKS

Again, look at that broken palette... The reason why srb2k mods don't work with srb2 is just they don't. There's a reason why srb2k mods and srb2 mods are separated in to their own sections. To play srb2 addons only in SRB2 ok? Download the mod, move it to the addons sub folder of the srb2 directory, go to addons in the menu in SRB2 then activate the mod.
I can't find the folder

that's not what- sigh.... I'm basically saying how come its so easy to load mods for srb2kart and yet I have to find a literally invisible folder just to play as a character

first of all: couldn't you just start off saying that its easy to load addons. and second: WELL EXCUSE ME PRINCESS IM TRYING TO PLAY AS MY BOY BEAN THE DYNAMITE AND IM DISSAPOINTED CAUSE ITS FRUSTERATING TO WORK. EXCUSE ME FOR BEING THE STUPID IDIOT WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW THIS STUFF WORKS

I can't find the folder

that's not what- sigh.... I'm basically saying how come its so easy to load mods for srb2kart and yet I have to find a literally invisible folder just to play as a character
Is it to hard to make a folder named "addons"

Y'know what I hate most about this game? Rings evaporating in lava. This doesn't happen in literally any sonic game, so i don't see why it needed to be implemented here of all places.
I second on that!
i hate when model textures are broken and that stupid minigun turret, that one turret in that one section of black core pissed me off:dramahog:
I don't remember seeing a turret in Black Core.
Is it to hard to make a folder named "addons"
No. It's not THAT hard. As soon as ya' download SRB2 V2.2 and start it up for the first time, the "Addons" folder will automatically be added in!

...that is, unless you're playing 2.1 and earlier, where you'll have to make an "Addons" folder ALL BY YOURSELF.
Red Volcano Zone jumpscare
GamerLuna Confused.png
Red Volcano has a jumpscare?

I second on that!

I don't remember seeing a turret in Black Core.

No. It's not THAT hard. As soon as ya' download SRB2 V2.2 and start it up for the first time, the "Addons" folder will automatically be added in!

...that is, unless you're playing 2.1 and earlier, where you'll have to make an "Addons" folder ALL BY YOURSELF.

View attachment 64141
Red Volcano has a jump scare?
Are you serious?
I forgot black core was metal sonic's stage, it was actually in egg rock zone act 2 i think in where you had to do a zig zag to get through that part, but the THING is that there is a stupid turret that messes you up if youre' not fast enough

I can't find the folder

If you can't find the folder, make the folder.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back