What do you hate most about the game?

lackluster gamepad support
I mean, not really true, the game pad support is really great in my opinion you just need to get use to it.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 61002
Post automatically merged:

Jk tho i do honestly dont know whats tails problem

Back to topic my only complaint is the netcode bcs i n p u t l a g,c h a t b u g and server crashes
Is that an official render? Lmao

I mean, not really true, the game pad support is really great in my opinion you just need to get use to it.
It's not possible to allocate camera turning to the shoulder triggers in a way that's actually playable, and reserving camera movement for the right stick on a controller is very limiting since you cannot control the camera and use face buttons at the same time that way. It is possible to get around all this in simple mode by assigning "reset camera" to one of the bumpers, but having only that as an accessible camera-adjustment tool makes camera control feel very sticky, and setting the camera turn actions to both bumpers also doesn't feel ideal.

The alternative to this is to set the bumpers to jump and spin, with the right thumb exclusively controlling the camera, and this is definitely a workable setup. This is very akin to a console FPS control scheme though, and it removes a lot of the novelty of being able to play a Sonic game on gamepad to begin with.

It's not possible to allocate camera turning to the shoulder triggers in a way that's actually playable, and reserving camera movement for the right stick on a controller is very limiting since you cannot control the camera and use face buttons at the same time that way. It is possible to get around all this in simple mode by assigning "reset camera" to one of the bumpers, but having only that as an accessible camera-adjustment tool makes camera control feel very sticky, and setting the camera turn actions to both bumpers also doesn't feel ideal.

The alternative to this is to set the bumpers to jump and spin, with the right thumb exclusively controlling the camera, and this is definitely a workable setup. This is very akin to a console FPS control scheme though, and it removes a lot of the novelty of being able to play a Sonic game on gamepad to begin with.
How did you know i used the shoulder button's to turn the camera? :ohsnap:

So I do use this control scheme, except I kinda did what Metroid Prime did: Turn on the left analog.
Left Analog Y Axis = Fowards Backwards
Left Analog X Axis = Turning
Right Analog Y Axis = Camera Up/Down(unused mostly)
Right Analog X Axis = Strafe.

And bumpers for main actions as you mentioned. That way I can kinda use the custom buttons to do certain actions but since the game is so heavily reliant on strafing it's kinda hard to even do that properly.

and my gripe is there are way too many sonics, there's even 2 more being developed at the time of this writing, please we have enough already.

Tails, Deton's, the lack of any new stages (exclude ACZ act's 2 & 3), the lack of space, and the fact that there's no skidding or pushing animations (plus the lack of turnaround death animations and floating animations (but that's excludable to mods).

So I do use this control scheme, except I kinda did what Metroid Prime did: Turn on the left analog.
Left Analog Y Axis = Fowards Backwards
Left Analog X Axis = Turning
Right Analog Y Axis = Camera Up/Down(unused mostly)
Right Analog X Axis = Strafe.

And bumpers for main actions as you mentioned. That way I can kinda use the custom buttons to do certain actions but since the game is so heavily reliant on strafing it's kinda hard to even do that properly.

and my gripe is there are way too many sonics, there's even 2 more being developed at the time of this writing, please we have enough already.
I don't think I could wrap my mind around your right stick setup, that sounds incredibly awkward to have strafing and up+down aiming on the same axis. Considering your Up/Down is mostly unused anyway, you might also consider applying the strafe action to your bumpers and moving your right thumb to the face buttons for spin and jump. That leaves less room for custom buttons, but anything least used could also go on the d-pad.

I used to hate Azure Temple Zone the most for it's insane difficulty, but after beating it as Sonic alone without the bubble shield or collecting any rings (I can provide a Record Attack replay if you want me to), I've realized there's something much harder out there.

M P S P E C I A L S T A G E 7

also i kinda really hate Brak's bomb drop attack because i tried to hit him at the wrong time while trying to beat ultimate mode and it caused me to lose the entire run :(

Are you sure about that? Sonic adventure does this, though it also has an auto camera too. Megaman Legends does it too..

Leaving those game examples aside though, having the camera controls on the bumpers or triggers then frees up your thumbs for the face buttons so you can jump or use spin actions while turning the camera with your trigger fingers. If the issue is speed the bumpers and triggers could use different speeds.

Are you sure about that? Sonic adventure does this, though it also has an auto camera too. Megaman Legends does it too..
I might have been unclear. I would like to be able to bind those actions to the triggers, but attempting to do so in SRB2 leads to the camera always turning in one direction or the other depending on whether a trigger is being held or not. It's not possible due to the current technical implementation, not because it wouldn't play well if implemented correctly.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back