[Open Assets] Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
*sigh*

No. MD2s are NOT capable of changing colors at all. There is an alternative way, but no MD2 modeler will want to do it.

*sigh*

No. MD2s are NOT capable of changing colors at all. There is an alternative way, but no MD2 modeler will want to do it.
I'd like to introduce you to BLua. BLua is a fun thing added to Sonic Robo Blast 2 in the 2.1 update, edited from Lua, allowing one to do a lot of stuff, like for example setting a character's skin based upon player colour. For example, if one's skin is "sonic" and one changes colour to "red", it can be changed to "sonicred", same goes for other colours. Of course, one has to add an S_SKIN lump for every colour... but it's possible.

@zwipperzwap: you know that alternate way doun mentioned? Yeah. Also, Lua isn't needed to do that. It could be used, but not needed.

@zwipperzwap: you know that alternate way doun mentioned? Yeah. Also, Lua isn't needed to do that. It could be used, but not needed.
You know that alternative way will firstly only allow the palette colours, secondly not work with the vanilla characters, and thirdly look like garbage to anyone playing in OpenGL without the MD2 model for the character or MD2 models just turned off, as well as everyone playing in Software?

Hi there guys, I've been a long time out, due to the Mb nagging with e-mail verification and due to Outlook being a b**** and not letting me sign in to verify my thingies. Now I've figured out how to enter my e-mail, I don't remember how lol but I did it. So there's not much new information more than my pc is becoming really slow and is loosing graphical quality, I think its time is arriving. So I hope it keeps going, and that I get a new license for FagMotion. See ya soon!

Hi there guys, I've been a long time out, due to the Mb nagging with bleh bleh bleh...

It's your problem if you want to give details of your absence, but please, do not throw your shit where you please, there is a category for that off-topic.

And the conclusion is that you can change the color of the models, but there are too lazy to do it.
(For now)

It's my problem if you want to give details of your awesome work absence, but please, do not throw your details here

And the conclusion is that you can change the color of the models, but no one really cares.
(For now)

Not surprised by this spam.
Also, I think I forgot to put the progress of the Md2s, but according to your state I think you don't wanna see it. Ok, ima save it for the final release :D

I wanted to say my absence to just don't let others think I'm dead and I'm done with Md2, not just being silly and putting a typical-twitter-like spam like you said I posted. You don't like it, go away and prevent shitposting these infracted-spams of yours. And by the way, this is my thread, so I can put all the "shit" I want (Meaning to updates and such ^u^).

After all not so hard to understand... Gosh...

Last edited:
Guys I need yar help! As the Modern Sonic Md2 was really well received, I wanted to continue the Modern package and make Modern Tails and Knuckles! But unfortunatelly there's no Colors versions of them, instead, there are the Generations models. Do you think Srb2 will handle Generations models?
Hope you can help me! Thanks for reading!

I'll check the polycount later, and gonna test, if it works, then.... well.... good job, right? lol if not, i'm gonna ask DoctorThe to decimate them for me :3 and when he does it, i'll add him to the supporters, because he "supported me", you get it? hehe... yeah... (lolnope)

The original Generations polycount is way too high. That's why I had to optimize them for my MD2s that I made.

Ok, as I can't find a fast way to make the models work, i'll edit the main script "hw_md2.h" itself to make all, and I repeat, ALL type of models to work, I don't care about framerate anymore :) So, in fact, if permission is given (if even needs to have), i'll release the modified exe as a mod.

As a result of the modification I did to hw_md2.h, the values should be like this:

#define MD2_MAX_TRIANGLES 16384
#define MD2_MAX_VERTICES 8192
#define MD2_MAX_TEXCOORDS 8192

But, i'll be unable to compile the source code, everything is just fucked up, both the needed programs and the source code are more obsolete than windows 95 itself.

Last edited:
I have something else on mind

SonicEXEriptextures.png

Really?
I don't mean to be rude, but... Sonic.EXE?
It's an overrated creepypasta that really doesn't belong in SRB2 and everything should be done to keep it out. I'm sorry, but I really don't think anyone needs what is essentially Sonic with red paint splashed on him and a black eyeball with red eyes. People can make that themselves by editing a Sonic MD2.

If I could suggest any projects related to our Blue Blur, It'd be nice to have a well-animated (sorry The Doctor) Sonic Boom Sonic MD2. Or maybe something obscure on the Nintendo-side with MD2s (Aka Starfy, Luigi, etc.) Or he could do characters who have yet to get a proper MD2 (Metal Sonic, Cream, Eggman, etc.)

Last edited:
Really?
I don't mean to be rude, but... Sonic.EXE?
It's an overrated creepypasta that really doesn't belong in SRB2 and everything should be done to keep it out. I'm sorry, but I really don't think anyone needs what is essentially Sonic with red paint splashed on him and a black eyeball with red eyes. People can make that themselves by editing a Sonic MD2.

This is actually for my BlitzSonic engine...
Anyways, (removed due to rude words from my pride, sorry the inconvenient)

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

If I could suggest any projects related to our Blue Blur, It'd be nice to have a well-animated (sorry The Doctor) Sonic Boom Sonic MD2. Or maybe something obscure on the Nintendo-side with MD2s (Aka Starfy, Luigi, etc.) Or he could do characters who have yet to get a proper MD2 (Metal Sonic, Cream, Eggman, etc.)

Then I'll do every of them :P I'll consider doing frame animating, I don't want to export everything back, the lazyness days have started, and even more now that I'm on holidays!

I'll have these ready... Someday. But that doesn't means I'll be a LOOOONG time doing them (I'll possibly release them over 2 or 3 months... If lazyness doesn't kills me :P)

Last edited:
This is actually for my BlitzSonic engine...
Anyways, I posted this to see what you said, you've been trully trolled.

Well, that's definitely mature. If it's for your BlitzSonic engine, why bother posting it here in an MD2 forum? There's no point. Also, what you call "trolling" isn't exactly trolling, it's more like being completely misleading.
*truly.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back